Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Destiny

Get me a PS4 and I promise I'll buy it

lol

Buy a PS4 and you'll get access to all the recent indie games which are excellent. Add to that a free version of Driveclub on top of two free games on ps+ next month and you'd have a decent library to get started with already. You could add a ton of content on top of this and buy Destiny or not and buy Knack. Choice is yours.

I'll get a PS4 when the price comes down a bit. By then my pup will have grown up and won't need as much attention so I'll have the time to play it too. I'll probably get Destiny as I like a bit of FPS multiplayer. Maybe I'll have had a crisis too and will somehow appreciate Knack

Been playing lots of crucible recently and as an online shooter it's up there with the best for me. MMO elements just make it even better.

Single player element is passable up to level 20 and the Strikes are good fun but I don't want to be playing the same one over and over again for a week to gain 5 Vanguard points at a time :-/ 

Been playing lots of crucible recently and as an online shooter it's up there with the best for me. MMO elements just make it even better.

Single player element is passable up to level 20 and the Strikes are good fun but I don't want to be playing the same one over and over again for a week to gain 5 Vanguard points at a time :-/ 

I haven't really figured out how to get past Level 20.

I've been getting Crucible and Vanguard marks and trying to go up the respective levels, but all it seems to do is work towards being able to purchase the legendary stuff at the Tower.

You should have recieved a piece of armour when you reached 20 that has "light" on it. Play strikes, patrol, vangaurd playlists etc and you can collect more rare (blue) engrams which also have light. The more light, the more your yellow progress bar goes up and thats how you get to 21-22-23 etc.

Bungie have just patched the infamous loot cave on the Cosmodrome on Earth. Shame, I did become a massive nerd and I must sat there shooting into the cave for a good 4 hours. For all that work everything I wear is legendary and I have a ton of weapon parts and plastel pleetings (titan armour upgrade material). 

Aside from that. Me and my mate did the weekly nightfall strike as a duo and it was rather challenging. For our efforts we both recieved an exotic helmet. Mine being called the 'Helmet of Inmost Light'. Good rewards for whoever completes it, i'd recommend getting a fireteam together and doing it if you're near level 28.

AJ review is in

Not gone in for a new console yet but I intend on picking this up in the next year or so. Looks like its got some developing to go yet, another unfinished game on release

It isn't 'unfinished' it is an MMO.

MMO's expand over time. For instance this week there is a new event called something along the lines of 'Queen's Wrath'.

Which adds new missions, bounties and gear.

Easy way to dominate the crucible: 

Create a hunter character, use the Arc Blade. 

Lost count the amount of times my whole team has died in succession by a player using this, they're literally untouchable. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Bungie have just patched the infamous loot cave on the Cosmodrome on Earth. Shame, I did become a massive nerd and I must sat there shooting into the cave for a good 4 hours. For all that work everything I wear is legendary and I have a ton of weapon parts and plastel pleetings (titan armour upgrade material).

Aside from that. Me and my mate did the weekly nightfall strike as a duo and it was rather challenging. For our efforts we both recieved an exotic helmet. Mine being called the 'Helmet of Inmost Light'. Good rewards for whoever completes it, i'd recommend getting a fireteam together and doing it if you're near level 28.

I understand this is on a gaming thread and don't get me wrong I spend far too long on computer games but I'm pretty sure this is the geekiest thing I have ever read.

Attempted the raid last night. Jesus Christ it was difficult! Had to give up after four and a half hours as we just weren't well equipped enough to fight the final boss  :(

What level were you all.

We're thinking of going with one 26 two 29's and a 27 and two others I'm not exactly sure of the level, one will defo be higher than 27.

On the subject of which if anyone wants a go at the raid and are at a loose end we've got 5 and should be having a go as soon one of us gets past the centipede error and we can organize a time to have a go, prolly the weekend. Let me know if interested

What level were you all.

We're thinking of going with one 26 two 29's and a 27 and two others I'm not exactly sure of the level, one will defo be higher than 27.

On the subject of which if anyone wants a go at the raid and are at a loose end we've got 5 and should be having a go as soon one of us gets past the centipede error and we can organize a time to have a go, prolly the weekend. Let me know if interested

We had one 25 and five 27's, so were hardly the most prepared group.  lol

One thing you'll need for definite though is ammo synthesis, as it runs out very fast towards the latter stages of the raid when there aren't as many lesser enemies to kill.

Make sure you have some way to communicate as well because communication seemed pretty vital!

We had one 25 and five 27's, so were hardly the most prepared group.  lol

One thing you'll need for definite though is ammo synthesis, as it runs out very fast towards the latter stages of the raid when there aren't as many lesser enemies to kill.

Make sure you have some way to communicate as well because communication seemed pretty vital!

25 god, bet they found it hard.

Yep we've got the communication side of things sorted just the sixth player that's the problem, and the centipede. 

Level 25's were always gonna struggle cause they do less damage on level 26's because they're not on the same level. Like most MMO's you get punished a percentage on damage if you're a lower level than what you're attacking.

Manwell, I might be able to be in for the raid. Only problem is that I don't play on weekends, i only play on most weekdays late afternoon/evenings. I'm a level 29 with maxed out armour and I've never been able to have a go at vault of glass.

Really is making me wonder what the dlc actually consists of considering everybody is level 27+ now. I don't think Bungie were particularly expecting everybody to level up this quickly. The dlc's better be fairly substantial otherwise I can see people not bothering.

Archived