Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Here To Be Shot Down Again

Just talking to my college mate whos mate was apparentley at a dinner with a none executive from our board.

Apparentley we need to offload Beckford Danns Nugent and Wes as theyre all on over 25k a week. We were paying 85% of the first two's wages at huddersfield. Apparently Danns has a clause in his contract where if he goes over a certain amount of games he gets a one year extension.

Really hope we keep Wes and Nugent if all this is true

Wes Morgan is not on that money, Pearson would never sanction such a deal. He's frugal is Nigel. One way to hazard how true this is is to check companies house and what our wage bill is this year. If any of this is slightly true then our wage bill would be £5.2 million just on those 4 players, not to mention what Konchesky, Schmiechel, Wellens and Gallagher are on as well.

Guest ttfn

Wes Morgan is not on that money, Pearson would never sanction such a deal. He's frugal is Nigel. One way to hazard how true this is is to check companies house and what our wage bill is this year. If any of this is slightly true then our wage bill would be £5.2 million just on those 4 players, not to mention what Konchesky, Schmiechel, Wellens and Gallagher are on as well.

More like £3.5 million. We only had Danns and Nugent for 10 months of the year, Morgan for four and Beckford for 9. Year end is May 31.

You're looking at nearly £9/10m with those included.

Can't see Wes leaving or Nuge. Wes is in contract talks.

Let's just try and disect this shall we, taking in to consideration the supposed wages of the high earners at our club.

Schmeichel - £10,000 a week = £520,000 a year

St Ledger - £10,000 a week = £520,000 a year

Danns - £25,000 a week = £1.3 million a year

Beckford - £25,000 a week = £1.3 million a year

Nugent - £25,000 a week = £1.3 million a year

Morgan - £25,000 a week = £1.3 million a year
Konchesky - £20,000 a week = £1.05 million a year

Gallagher - £10,000 a week = £520,000 a year

Wellens - £10,000 a week = £520,000 a year

That's nearly £8.5 million alone and too be honest people claim Beckfords on nearly 40k a week. Add on Wood, King, Knockaert, Drinkwater, James, Dyer, Marshall, De Laet, Whitbread, Schlupp, Vardy, Futacs, Moore at say an average of £5000 a week and there's another £3.5 million roughly so our wage bill for the main playing staff is £12 million?

I'd be very surprised if it is.

More like £3.5 million. We only had Danns and Nugent for 10 months of the year, Morgan for four and Beckford for 9. Year end is May 31.

True but then if you add on the wages for the dross like Fernandes, Johnson, Paintsil, Michael Ball, Vassell, Abe, Mills etc who were all on a lot of dough then you'd be seeing a wage bill of close to £20 million if the other salaries are to be believed?

Let's just try and disect this shall we, taking in to consideration the supposed wages of the high earners at our club.

Schmeichel - £10,000 a week = £520,000 a year

St Ledger - £10,000 a week = £520,000 a year

Danns - £25,000 a week = £1.3 million a year

Beckford - £25,000 a week = £1.3 million a year

Nugent - £25,000 a week = £1.3 million a year

Morgan - £25,000 a week = £1.3 million a year

Konchesky - £20,000 a week = £1.05 million a year

Gallagher - £10,000 a week = £520,000 a year

Wellens - £10,000 a week = £520,000 a year

That's nearly £8.5 million alone and too be honest people claim Beckfords on nearly 40k a week. Add on Wood, King, Knockaert, Drinkwater, James, Dyer, Marshall, De Laet, Whitbread, Schlupp, Vardy, Futacs, Moore at say an average of £5000 a week and there's another £3.5 million roughly so our wage bill for the main playing staff is £12 million?

I'd be very surprised if it is.

Kasper, Gally and Ledge are all on more, so is Schlupp, it's frightening how much Jeff is on! I'm pretty sure Wood is close to £20k....

Kasper, Gally and Ledge are both on more, so is Schlupp, it's frightening how much Jeff is on! I'm pretty sure Wood is close to £20k....

Honestly? How much is a our wage bill each year? Sven had a right giggle didn't he?

But I repeat, if all of these wage salaries are true that our fans claim our players are on, our wage bill would be close to £20 million a year. Is it? I've not seen the published figures, can someone confirm? Babylon usually knows this sort of muck. Pal?

But I repeat, if all of these wage salaries are true that our fans claim our players are on, our wage bill would be close to £20 million a year. Is it? I've not seen the published figures, can someone confirm? Babylon usually knows this sort of muck. Pal?

Where do these people pluck these figures from and claim to know exactly what people earn. With bonus payments, various add on's, etc surely its impossible to actually know for sure? Plus, why would any player discuss things like this? Its laughable to think that this kind of information is just offered up to people. If its true that we were banding around £40k a week then about 90% of players in the Europe would have been walking here on the hands to sign (which evidently wasn't the case). And before people talk about loyalty or ambition, simple fact is money talks.

Where do these people pluck these figures from and claim to know exactly what people earn. With bonus payments, various add on's, etc surely its impossible to actually know for sure? Plus, why would any player discuss things like this? Its laughable to think that this kind of information is just offered up to people. If its true that we were banding around £40k a week then about 90% of players in the Europe would have been walking here on the hands to sign (which evidently wasn't the case). And before people talk about loyalty or ambition, simple fact is money talks.

Hahahaa exactly. I'm sure we have dished out some naughty bunce in recent years but the fact is if all our players are on the rumoured wages then our total wage bill would be astronomical and although it's likely to be high it's not £15-20 million a year is it?

From the OS

The majority of the increase is as a direct consequence of the significant investment made in the playing squad as part of the Club’s on-going efforts to build a talented squad capable of winning promotion to the Premier League.  This has led to increased first team player wage costs and amortisation.  Total salary costs increased accordingly to £27.7m in 2011/12 from £16.6 million (2010/11).

LCFC Announce 2011/12 Financial Results   http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/010313-lcfc-announce-201112-financial-results-687151.aspx

We'd only let Nugent and Wes go before the magnificent seven depart if we can't actually get rid of the rest first.

I'd be very angry if Gally and Wellens staying on huge wages because they won't go to a club paying them less means we have to lose our top scorer and best defending.

Sickening.

From the OS

LCFC Announce 2011/12 Financial Results   http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/010313-lcfc-announce-201112-financial-results-687151.aspx

These were published on 02/03/12 for the year upto 31/05/12

Since then we've got rid of

Tunchev, Vassell, Weale, Mills, Peltier, Kennedy

Teixeira, Ball, Yuki, Berner, Oakley, Howard, Pantsil, Moussa, Bamber just prior to that during Jan to May 2012.

We've signed

Drinkwater, Morgan, Marshall, James just prior to that during Jan1 to May 2012

and DeLaet, Vardy, Futacs, Whitbread, Knockaert, Wood.

So 15 out 10 in not counting loanees.

I think that's about right.

Archived