Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC 4 the win

Pre season

If we are aspiring to be in the premier league next season why are we playing games for preseason who aren't even in the football league. We have one challenging fixture for the fans to be excited about, but nothing tough.The lads need to be ready for a MASSIVE season ahead.

Just my view.

Pre season friendlies mean fuck all, its all about fitness, 90 minute work out's.

Cast your mind back to our relegation season if I remember correctly we had a storming pre-season, don't think we lost, we may have even won every game (I'm not sure about results, but i'm pretty sure we had an excellent pre-season), where did we finish that season? Well i've gave you the answer, but that's my point.

I think the following season, our return to the Championship we had a so so pre-season, didn't set the world alight, think it may have been quite a poor pre-season, we had a good season.

TBH neither outcomes of the pre-season's say anything about the season ahead, you cannot gauge anything from pre-season, as I said it is simply for fitness, match fitness purposes.

Cardiff's 2012/13 Pre-Season

Forest Green Rovers

Cheltenham

Oxford

Bournemouth

Newcastle

Unless Wikipedia is lying to me (surely not!), I think it's safe to say that it doesn't matter in the slightest that we're not playing a bunch of top teams during our pre-season.

Maybe you have a point? If only the club wasn't so silent on this issue, hopefully they will make an official statement soon! In that statement they could also give us the truth about Sven, who Nige has head butted, how much Beckford is earning and if we have a cat 1 accadamy or not.

If we are aspiring to be in the premier league next season why are we playing games for preseason who aren't even in the football league. We have one challenging fixture for the fans to be excited about, but nothing tough.The lads need to be ready for a MASSIVE season ahead.

Just my view.

I can garantee you will go to the monaco match. (I don't care about spelling btw)

What about pathetic rumours last month about pre-season friendlies :P?

Was no rumour on my part pal, funnily enough no-one has said anything about that eh?

I agree, our friendlies are a little too easy. I think it would help to play some more competitive games to help enforce that "it isn't going to be easy" mindset and get the team used to play tougher games. I'm not saying we're going to walk most of our friendlies but we could do. It isn't vital of course but I would prefer the team to face a bit of a challenge on the pitch in a couple of games. It's just better for preparation IMO.

Archived