Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Press Release - LCFC Academy Awarded Cat. One Status

Pretty sure managers and the financial guys work together on this. They don't hand a list over and say get them at all cost.

Sure there would also be a reccomendation or a request to ask the manager of what you would actually value the player at you are chasing, Andrew Neville he isn't going to pick up a list from Sven with a loads of names on it and then just bid £15million for Sol Bamba because that's what the other club demanded.

I'm sure Sven would of had a transfer budget of lets say 20million and get's a call from Neville.

"Do you want Mills, we can get him for 5million of what you've got" and then the manager gives his answer.

Your missing my point. Yes Sven chose the players and yes Sven had the final say on who the club signed but he isn't the one who established the transfer budget. He was given a budget and he chose players that worked within it. He didn't draw up contract details or draw up transfers. He chose his players and it didn't work.

You can't blame him for financials though because he didn't hold a gun to anyones head and say I want a budget of £20 million and I want so much spent etc. He chose players and Neville did the deals with the budget he was given by the owners. Beckford was on his list of strikers he wanted to fill a hole in the squad, they couldn't do Maynard and others for various reasons so they got Beckford for money decided by Neville and others above Sven. Not Svens fault on the money but Svens fault on the player chosen.

Clearly managers don't say get them at all costs they give them a list of players they would be happy to have in their squad in priority from top to bottom and then it's taken out of there hands and the club try to do the deal within the budget to get any of the players working down the list.

Neither of those are Cat 1

Middlesbrough

Palace

Wolves

Bolton

Blackburn

Palace are now premier League but have been replaced with Reading, so wolves, reading, Bolton, Blackburn and Boro none of which I would have thought would give us competition for players giving us a large catchment area outside the premiership clubs.

WBA, Stoke, Villa and wolves will all compete for the same players while the East Midlands is ours

Archived