Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Press Release - LCFC Academy Awarded Cat. One Status

I bet sometime soon we will get the same old  tweet from stringer ......." Big news about City , tune in after 6 for the sport to find out #BIGNEWS #LCFC #IM A MASSIVE IDIOT "......  , Then foxestalk will go crazy with speculation on what this news is only to be left disappointed when the " BIG NEWS " is something we already know. 

You know im right it's the Stringer/LCFC way !

He blocked me (and reported me to twitter) for sending him a picture of Lloyd Dyer with my own genitalia badly photoshopped on. 

What exactly was that trying to express?

Ideally its Andrew Neville's sacking, no doubt we could have somebody better in in his role.

Yet nobody moans about his involvement in Pearson signings... Would that be because the manager was doing his job and managing the club. Telling him what players are worth etc.

Yet nobody moans about his involvement in Pearson signings... Would that be because the manager was doing his job and managing the club. Telling him what players are worth etc.

Finances are not the managers job. You really think the manager has any say in financial discussions? He gives a list of targets and they work to bring those in that fit the budget. Sven clearly had a huge budget.

This club has been boring from a media perspective since Sven left.

Club living wildly beyond its means on a trajectory to oblivion is exciting

Balancing the books & having to sell to make room in the wage budget so you can buy is much less exciting

Much less exciting, but necessary 

Ermmm, I think that, ermm when Sven was in charge we erm had more entertaining access. 

We had a pirate themed village, inc crazy golf, dodgems, rides, trampolines, human table football and marquee, performances from Thai dancers,  drummers AND Jamie Afro. 

All this fun whilst wearing cut out & keep Sven masks. 

Man I miss those days. 

Finances are not the managers job. You really think the manager has any say in financial discussions? He gives a list of targets and they work to bring those in that fit the budget. Sven clearly had a huge budget.

I think he has some input, yes. It's no coincidence that under Nigel Pearson we have never blown our transfer or wage budget to sign any player. 

Not that I'm getting into another debate about it, but I hate, and don't agree with, all this 'Neville was to blame, argghh'.

Of course it's a bloody managers job to know what a player is costing in terms of fees and wages. He has to deal with a squad of players who will be pissed off if x is on £20k and y is on 3k.

If a manager wants a player and thinks he is worth £1m and 5k a week from his budget then he's going to be pissed off if a large chunk of it gets taken away by someone paying £5m and 20k a week to someone who isn't worrh that in his eyes, especially if they think they could have got better for the money.

That's management whether its a football club or any workplace.

I think he has some input, yes. It's no coincidence that under Nigel Pearson we have never blown our transfer or wage budget to sign any player. 

Not that I'm getting into another debate about it, but I hate, and don't agree with, all this 'Neville was to blame, argghh'.

Pearson has never had a big budget, he left before the Thais came in. Sven's targets combined with Andrew Neville splashing the cash to gain promotion which failed miserably meant that Pearson has been on a rebuilding job ever since he came back, just look at whats happening this summer. No money till we get rid because of FFP. The only thing Sven can be blamed for is picking shit players and hopeless tactics everything else goes above his head. 

Of course it's a bloody managers job to know what a player is costing in terms of fees and wages. He has to deal with a squad of players who will be pissed off if x is on £20k and y is on 3k.

If a manager wants a player and thinks he is worth £1m and 5k a week from his budget then he's going to be pissed off if a large chunk of it gets taken away by someone paying £5m and 20k a week to someone who isn't worrh that in his eyes, especially if they think they could have got better for the money.

That's management whether its a football club or any workplace.

This is how it works in modern football. The manager decides he wants a new CB for his team. He works with his scouts and coaches to draw up a list of targets that they would be happy to have fill the hole in the squad. Lets say they have five names on the list. They number it from first choice to fifth choice. The list then gets passed to the Football Director aka Andrew Neville (some clubs don't have a DOF and instead use agents to do the next step who get a % from the transfer). He then uses contacts within the game to figure out whether A) The player at the top of the list is willing to move, B) Whether the club he is at is willing to sell him and C) If the previous two are a yes then he works to see if a deal can be done within the clubs budget. If not then he moves on to the next target on the clubs list. So a manager might end up with his number 1 target or his number 5 target. He might not be as happy with the 5th choice as he would be if he got the 1st choice but he's still happy because he's got a player to fill the hole in the squad and it's 1 of his targets. That is modern football. Managers don't do finances anymore.

This is how it works in modern football. The manager decides he wants a new CB for his team. He works with his scouts and coaches to draw up a list of targets that they would be happy to have fill the hole in the squad. Lets say they have five names on the list. They number it from first choice to fifth choice. The list then gets passed to the Football Director aka Andrew Neville (some clubs don't have a DOF and instead use agents to do the next step who get a % from the transfer). He then uses contacts within the game to figure out whether A) The player at the top of the list is willing to move, B) Whether the club he is at is willing to sell him and C) If the previous two are a yes then he works to see if a deal can be done within the clubs budget. If not then he moves on to the next target on the clubs list. So a manager might end up with his number 1 target or his number 5 target. He might not be as happy with the 5th choice as he would be if he got the 1st choice but he's still happy because he's got a player to fill the hole in the squad and it's 1 of his targets. That is modern football. Managers don't do finances anymore.

So you think at no point the manager discusses what a player is worth or the limits of what they should earn... Utter nonsense I'm sorry.

Archived