Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbage Fox

Only Championship Team to have signed no-one

Exactly, but many posters on here just cannot comprehend that.

HELLO!  Last season WAS another failure! Had we won promotion, that would have been a SUCCESS. Is that to hard to understand? 

Be prepared for more of the same this coming season, and at the same time next year, the same blinkered idiots will be saying the same old thing. Bloody pathetic!  You all know who you are.

Captain Obvious strikes again!

Of course, promotion is a success. That's like stating that there would be no life on Earth without the Sun.

But just because we weren't successful enough doesn't mean we've "failed". 

Calling others "blinkered idiots" isn't going to help your cause, anyway.

You have an incredible chip on your shoulder Wally. I've 'got you' before, this time I don't. Get over it.

Regarding what I'll be saying in three years time, lets wait and see how we do this season. Which was my previous point to you.

:thumbup:

Not at all ... I was quoting you. It doesn't bother me one bit.

Even though we haven't signed anyone I'm still confident we can make the play offs this year, however, knowing us that confidence will probably diminish very quickly if we don't sign up a couple of decent players.

As others have said, we have at least not let anyone go that is of importance. I worry that could change with Kasper/Wes with big offers than allow us to reinvest. If either puts in transfer request or states they want to go then it could change.

Even my red mates admit Wes is too professional to do that but I agree with them that he must at least be open to a move back for them to keep bidding so just depends how badly he wants it, am guessing not that much.

As others have said, we have at least not let anyone go that is of importance. I worry that could change with Kasper/Wes with big offers than allow us to reinvest. If either puts in transfer request or states they want to go then it could change.

Even my red mates admit Wes is too professional to do that but I agree with them that he must at least be open to a move back for them to keep bidding so just depends how badly he wants it, am guessing not that much.

Or Notts Forest are idiots who keep bidding for players that are not for sale, they've made 4 bids for Grant Leadbitter all rejected by Boro.

Nigel Pearson can't read. He just knows. Nigel Pearson is God. In Pearson we trust.   :)

Can't you ever get it right? You still have it in reverse. Read  carefully. He in not a GOD, he is a DOG. 

Please do not make this silly mistake again, or you will be kept in after school!  :D

Can't you ever get it right? You still have it in reverse. Read  carefully. He in not a GOD, he is a DOG. 

Please do not make this silly mistake again, or you will be kept in after school!  :D

But the schools have broke up for holiday's now. 

See Watford has found a loophole again. Signed 7 from Udinese today for undisclosed fee which I expect is a free transfer. Very frustrating.

What a fvcking disaster. Still Watford are able to avoid having to compete in the transfer market are literally being given players. Outraged.

Glad to see there's always somebody failing to spot irony on this board. You're the dog's bollocks, Captain Obvious!  :thumbup:

See Watford has found a loophole again. Signed 7 from Udinese today for undisclosed fee which I expect is a free transfer. Very frustrating.

As frustrating as it might be, it'd rather have us focus on our squad and the progress we can make compared to the others.

Also, as high-profile as their signings are, they still need to find together as a team, so that might take a while, too. And could work in our favour. At least at the start of the season.

You mean you refuse to "get me" ....... I said he needed to tweak the squad and not rip it apart .... and you name three players that should be moved on ..... For me that's tweaking the squad.

He went way over that.

But hey .... we're two years into the process now with no significant improvement and presumably after three you'll still be saying the same.

You can add Johnson, Ball, Paintsil, Peltier, Bamba and Abe to Col's 3. I'd have liked to have kept Vassell for another season but he must have been on a hefty whack

What a fvcking disaster. Still Watford are able to avoid having to compete in the transfer market are literally being given players. Outraged.

We have signed so many quality players that Vydra is probably not good enough to get in the team, maybe you can loan him as you seem unable to deal ATM.

We have signed so many quality players that Vydra is probably not good enough to get in the team, maybe you can loan him as you seem unable to deal ATM.

Just shows how ridiculous this is really. Vydra's a PL player but you're telling me you're going to have a squad better than him, hey that squad must cost a fair bit being that good.

Still within FFP you say? Bit odd that isn't it?

Just shows how ridiculous this is really. Vydra's a PL player but you're telling me you're going to have a squad better than him, hey that squad must cost a fair bit being that good.

Still within FFP you say? Bit odd that isn't it?

Joke?

Keane could be coming back on loan, Beckford never had the other strikers feel any pressure (pardon the pun), we were doing quite well without him.

You mention allegedly "weak" teams when we all know that there's no such thing in the Championship. Last season proved that the difference in quality between the 24 has narrowed down some more.

We also beat so-called "better" teams like Watford or Bolton or Brighton last season in case you should've forgotten.

And again, who said we're going to get automatic promotion this season? Where did you get that from? We have a solid team that, given the experiences from last season, can maybe challenge for a playoff spot again, but automatic promotion?

And calling Pearson "blunt" shows that you've got nothing to back up your claims but personal insults. I expected more from you.

He's shown by using a 3-5-2 in the first pre-season game that he's willing to gamble in terms of formation - so much for your "he's not got that tactics to change the game".

Two things:

There are weak teams in the division, no question. And Pearson never displayed the tactical nouse to outplay them last season.

Which brings me on to point two. Fair play you think Pearson is tactically aware and is willing to gamble based on one Sunday knockabout last week. But I challenge you from February of this year, what has Pearson done to show he is tactically capable of making a decent fist of a plan B?

His tactical switches often involved changing shape with players out of position and individuals not knowing their roles or how they functioned as a unit. One of the most glaring of these was Vardy on the wing, which defo cost us on more than one occasion. Then we had the ultra ineffective Kane who was just as bad and also played here there and everywhere with the same outcome - bugger all.

Will Pearson evolve tactically this season? Or will he fail to address these shortcomings?

2/1...

There are weak teams in the division, no question. And Pearson never displayed the tactical nouse to outplay them last season.

The fact that 5th and 6th place were record low points totals and the so called weak teams got relegated on record high totals would suggest that a lot of other managers couldn't outthink or outplay them either. Or maybe they weren't as weak as you think

Joke?

Yes.

With a squad of that quality I'd expect even the richest club in the division to be pushing the limits of FFP very hard and almost certainly going beyond them.It seems likely that you've managed to avoid paying the fees that those players should have come with.

Can someone please clarify the situation, we have the money right? we just can't spend it as we will breach the FFP as our wage bill is so high and our revenue is so low?

The money has been loaned from the owners at 8% interest.

Anyone can spend as much as they like, as long as they are willing to pay any fine if they dont cover what they have spent in any accounting year with their turnover within a percentage.

Imagine we got promoted, the income is said to be at around £130 million.

We are so close to creating a squad capable of that I just dont get the hesitancy.

Seems to me the owner's stomach for it has been filled with indecision, or this was a business project all along.

Yes.

With a squad of that quality I'd expect even the richest club in the division to be pushing the limits of FFP very hard and almost certainly going beyond them.It seems likely that you've managed to avoid paying the fees that those players should have come with.

And the wage bill that should have come with them

Archived