Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbage Fox

Only Championship Team to have signed no-one

Fantastic, how many do you genuinely know that have cancelled?

I don't know anyone who has cancelled, all have renewed. Two casuals I know have signed up and another lad thinking of getting 3 with his kids after stopping working Saturdays (Probably should have told him about our relationship with Sky showing all home Saturday games on a Thursday).

Doesn't surprise me either. We had the fourth best home record in the league, scored more goals at home than everyone but palace, put six past two teams for the first time since god knows when, played some decent stuff for a large chunk of the season and even managed to create some cracking atmospheres the last 2 or 3 home games.

Yes there were some poor games, but there always will be. The general comments from those I was with and those around us were that entertainment wise it was a vast improvement on what had come the season before. Tailing off towards the end won't mask that no matter how disappointing.

If people want to get the hump with a manager and stop going because of that, rather than what was happening on the pitch then more fool them. At the end of we have had many many seasons of being much worse at home than we were last year.

Can't attract the player/s we want.

NP doesn't see it as a priority to sign anyone.

We're in negotiations with someone.

The owners haven't sanctioned signings until the new board is in place.

FFP fears.

Owners looking to sell.

I could go on .... but 6 reasons to not shout someone down if they don't instantly agree with you should suffice.

Whether we can or cannot attract the players we want, you're under the spell that we absolutely have to sign new players and that a transfer window without any activity is a failure in your eyes and in those of some others.

We don't need to sign anyone if what we already have is deemed good enough by the club and the manager (and last season's finish in 6th place, a goal away from the playoff final does support my claim).

And the owners have up until this point never even slightly suggested or even hinted at intentions to sell the club. Yes, we've not been in a financially proper position for a few years now, but according to the latest news reports, they have even gotten richer than last year and they have always stated they were in this for the long run.

That's at least three of your "reasons" dismantled, but please: Go on. I'm intrigued to find out more about your other conspiracy theories.

We need 3 players a strong defender jack Hobbs would of been nice, a bully in midfield who not going to take any shite and a striker to keep wood and Nugent on there toes unless that will be Schulpps job this season! If we don't get 2 of the 3 we can certainly say bye bye automatic promotion.

Why do we need to get automatic promotion? Do we have a prerogative?

Besides, why do you think we can't reach those heights with the player material that we already have?

I don't know anyone who has cancelled, all have renewed. Two casuals I know have signed up and another lad thinking of getting 3 with his kids after stopping working Saturdays (Probably should have told him about our relationship with Sky showing all home Saturday games on a Thursday).

The Leicester fans I'm following on twitter have either all renewed, are buying STs for the first time or buying them for their kids for the first time, no-one has cancelled or is refusing to go. Obviously, we can only take them at their word but it fits with the club reporting that sales have gone up.

Don't know why he can't just accept that season ticket sales HAVE actually gone up

Don't know why he can't just accept that season ticket sales HAVE actually gone up

Because a lot of people were saying all last year that numbers would fall because of Pearson, and that was used as another stick to beat him with.

Because a lot of people were saying all last year that numbers would fall because of Pearson, and that was used as another stick to beat him with.

Exactly. So now that season ticket sales have risen it's obviously because the club is lying or because the club is buying up all of the spare seats for some bizarre reason, and nothing to do with people actually renewing or buying season tickets.

Clutching at straws there pal.

Can't attract the player/s we want. There's been no evidence we've even made bids for players yet, let alone discussed personal terms with anyone, so I can't see where you're getting that from.

NP doesn't see it as a priority to sign anyone. Pearson has said that he expects the summer to be quiet because of FFP, not because he doesn't want to sign anyone. I don't think there's ever been a manager in history who would turn down the opportunity to strengthen their squad.

We're in negotiations with someone. If we are in negotiations with a player, brilliant. But that has nothing to do with why we haven't signed any players yet.

The owners haven't sanctioned signings until the new board is in place. New board? You mean the DoF who has been in place for a while now and announced recently? Why has there been no activity since then?

FFP fears. Repeating my original point about there being no money back to me. Good stuff.

Owners looking to sell. That must be why they bought our stadium last season when they had no need to and have spent a fortune on securing Cat One status for the club, they obviously can't wait to get out.

Please do go on, give me all these reasons why we're not signing players and it's not just down to the fact that we're trying to stay within FFP guidelines. Really looking forward to your reply. Also, if you could find something to support your bizarre claims that the club are outright lying about season ticket sales or buying up seats in the ground themselves, that'd be grand too.

There you go, no personal insults for you to moan about instead of discussing the actual points either, so this should be interesting.

It's not clutching at straws .... It's 6 answers to your question. You were shouting someone down for wondering why we haven't signed anyone and shouted "we have no money, what other reason could there be"

Yes FFP could be most of the reason and I would think it is ..... But i don't shout people down for having an opinion or asking a question .....  i answered your question with 6 possible reasons why you may be wrong and why you shouldn't assume you are right all the time.

Awwww poor Nige .... 

It's an opinion Babylion .... I don't know many people that have renewed ST let alone got new ones ... So for me I'm surprised the numbers are up .... no other reason than that .... and I'm not making a point to defend. I don't particularly care about being wrong on the point .... it's just a surprise to me personally.....

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if we had "sold" some tickets to some people that don't turn up very often if at all. If that was my business and those rules were being applied I'd be looking for every possible avenue to invest money outside the scrutiny of the FA.

Just saying.

I didn't know we got relegated last season.

The way we played in the last 3rd of the season was relegation form.

And Nigel will be the first to admit it's what you do at the sharp end of the season that matters.

It was a massive blow out.

Awwww poor Nige .... 

It's an opinion Babylion .... I don't know many people that have renewed ST let alone got new ones ... So for me I'm surprised the numbers are up .... no other reason than that .... and I'm not making a point to defend. I don't particularly care about being wrong on the point .... it's just a surprise to me personally.....

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if we had "sold" some tickets to some people that don't turn up very often if at all. If that was my business and those rules were being applied I'd be looking for every possible avenue to invest money outside the scrutiny of the FA.

Just saying.

There you go... Proves that you put personal "opinion" above official numbers. I'm not saying I believe the numbers issued by the club, but I do suppose they know best.

You, however, use almost every opportunity to shed some bad light on the club. Do you have an agenda?

No matter how many season tickets we're selling each season, there's always going to be occasional no-shows. I just don't see your point there in your overall argumentation.

The way we played in the last 3rd of the season was relegation form.

And Nigel will be the first to admit it's what you do at the sharp end of the season that matters.

It was a massive blow out.

I see your point. But again, you're focusing on the negatives, while I'm quick to point out that at one point we were second in the table. With one of the youngest and smallest squads in the entire league.

You tend to see something fishy, I see potential.

As for what matters most, can't tell. You'd have to ask the gaffer yourself. I believe Pearson, out of all the people, knows pretty well and best that the run-in towards the end of last season resulted in some really bad results.

And I am hopeful he's learnt his lesson from it.

The Leicester fans I'm following on twitter have either all renewed, are buying STs for the first time or buying them for their kids for the first time, no-one has cancelled or is refusing to go. Obviously, we can only take them at their word but it fits with the club reporting that sales have gone up.

I can accept that .... In all honesty I'm really not that bothered .... I've merely made a point that I'm surprised, as in the small part of the LCFC world that surrounds me i only know of people dropping out rather than joining the ST club!

As with everything on this forum you can't say something like that without it being seen as an attack on the precious Nigey and his fan club staging a protest.

It's not clutching at straws .... It's 6 answers to your question. You were shouting someone down for wondering why we haven't signed anyone and shouted "we have no money, what other reason could there be"

Yes FFP could be most of the reason and I would think it is ..... But i don't shout people down for having an opinion or asking a question .....  i answered your question with 6 possible reasons why you may be wrong and why you shouldn't assume you are right all the time.

Yes, and one of those 6 reasons was my own, while the rest were extremely implausible, as I've demonstrated.

It's blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain cell that we haven't got the money to make a load of signings, so why are posters like Mack puzzled as to why we aren't signing anyone or why the owners aren't investing money (that the rules state they're not allowed to invest)? Even you admit that money is the reason we aren't signing players.

It's very frustrating when people continue to ignore what's staring them in the face and refusing to accept that we're unlikely to make many signings this summer, at least until some big earners are shifted, and that we're going to have to cut our cloth from now on.

Mind you, if I said the sky was blue, you'd say it was ****ing brown because you disagree with anything I say, right or wrong.

I can accept that .... In all honesty I'm really not that bothered .... I've merely made a point that I'm surprised, as in the small part of the LCFC world that surrounds me i only know of people dropping out rather than joining the ST club!

As with everything on this forum you can't say something like that without it being seen as an attack on the precious Nigey and his fan club staging a protest.

I think it's safe to say that the whole connection between season ticket sales and Pearson was brought up by none other than... you.

You can go on and spout your conspiracy theories and your negative comments about the club, the manager and whatnot.

But don't expect people to take you overly serious anymore.

You admit it yourself: You're living in a small world. And thus you tend to forget to look at the bigger picture most of the time.

There you go... Proves that you put personal "opinion" above official numbers. I'm not saying I believe the numbers issued by the club, but I do suppose they know best.

You, however, use almost every opportunity to shed some bad light on the club. Do you have an agenda?

No matter how many season tickets we're selling each season, there's always going to be occasional no-shows. I just don't see your point there in your overall argumentation.

I'd recommend you get out more .... No agenda, and you don't have to defend the club and Nigey against every post on here ..... I made it perfectly clear it was my personal opinion and that if i were in their shoes I'd have sold alot of ST this season.

You were the one who made the direct link between our manager and a drop in ST sales and then, when the numbers proved you wrong, you made up some absolutely ridiculous claims about the club falsifying the numbers or buying up tickets themselves rather than just admitting you were wrong. If you come out with bullshit like that, people are going to call you up on it. Simple.

I don't give a toss what you say about Pearson to be honest, I support Leicester and the players and manager I believe to be good for the club, if there was a better candidate out there than Pearson who would come in and do a better job, I would have no problem with him being sacked tomorrow. All this 'Pearsonite' and 'Pearson bummer' shit is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned - I will support the manager of my club while he's doing a good job, or until the club decides to get rid of him.

Yes, and one of those 6 reasons was my own, while the rest were extremely implausible, as I've demonstrated.

It's blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain cell that we haven't got the money to make a load of signings, so why are posters like Mack puzzled as to why we aren't signing anyone or why the owners aren't investing money (that the rules state they're not allowed to invest)? Even you admit that money is the reason we aren't signing players.

It's very frustrating when people continue to ignore what's staring them in the face and refusing to accept that we're unlikely to make many signings this summer, at least until some big earners are shifted, and that we're going to have to cut our cloth from now on.

Mind you, if I said the sky was blue, you'd say it was ****ing brown because you disagree with anything I say, right or wrong.

Actually that's where you are genuinely wrong ... I agreed with you only a few days ago on a different thread ..... You need to try and put your's and Nigel's perecution complex to one side and chill.

I'd agree that the fundamental reason is FFP ... but i think the re-structure has played a part ... if you bring a new financial manager of the club in you don't make major investments in the interim.

I also think that it's strange we haven't made even minor movements in the transfer market ..... or even be linked with anyone. It's got to be of concern to even NP's biggest fan that we fell off a cliff at the end of last season because when we get past the first 11 our squad isn't strong ..... without changing that it's simply going to happen again.

I'd recommend you get out more .... No agenda, and you don't have to defend the club and Nigey against every post on here ..... I made it perfectly clear it was my personal opinion and that if i were in their shoes I'd have sold alot of ST this season.

Not really. I do accept reasonable argumentation. And no need to somehow suggest I'm friends with "Nigey". I like the manager, but he's not without his flaws.

I'm just weary of personal opinion that tends to shed a ridiculously negative light onto the club and personal opinion that suggests conspiracies and whatnot.

Besides, there's still about a month to go until the season starts, so we'll sell even more season tickets.

I mean, after all, we both welcome as much support as possible for our beloved football club, right?

I think it's safe to say that the whole connection between season ticket sales and Pearson was brought up by none other than... you.

You can go on and spout your conspiracy theories and your negative comments about the club, the manager and whatnot.

But don't expect people to take you overly serious anymore.

You admit it yourself: You're living in a small world. And thus you tend to forget to look at the bigger picture most of the time.

No, I realise I only interact with a small amount of people compared to the whole set of LCFC fans .... And LCFC isn't my life ..... so I'm merely stating my personal opinion .... which until recently is what i thought a forum was for.

Not really. I do accept reasonable argumentation. And no need to somehow suggest I'm friends with "Nigey". I like the manager, but he's not without his flaws.

I'm just weary of personal opinion that tends to shed a ridiculously negative light onto the club and personal opinion that suggests conspiracies and whatnot.

Besides, there's still about a month to go until the season starts, so we'll sell even more season tickets.

I mean, after all, we both welcome as much support as possible for our beloved football club, right?

You see you're now making my point ..... Where have i insulted anyone, ever, on this forum????

Despite in the last 24 hours being called some fairly ridiculous things myself.

Ridiculously negative ..... you mean a different view to yours?

Actually that's where you are genuinely wrong ... I agreed with you only a few days ago on a different thread ..... You need to try and put your's and Nigel's perecution complex to one side and chill.

I'd agree that the fundamental reason is FFP ... but i think the re-structure has played a part ... if you bring a new financial manager of the club in you don't make major investments in the interim.

I also think that it's strange we haven't made even minor movements in the transfer market ..... or even be linked with anyone. It's got to be of concern to even NP's biggest fan that we fell off a cliff at the end of last season because when we get past the first 11 our squad isn't strong ..... without changing that it's simply going to happen again.

No one knows... We'll have to come back to this at the end of the 2013/2014 season to make a thorough assessment.

Apart from that, it's all just negative hype without anything substantial to back it up, as per usual. 

I have little to no concerns, I see the upcoming campaign as a pretty interesting experiment (same core of players, few additions, new formation(s) to use, etc.).

Archived