Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbage Fox

Only Championship Team to have signed no-one

Dont you think had he not shipped out Danns & St Ledger & arguably Beckford we may well have not fallen so far from grace so spectacularly?

The young squad you speak of has great attributes, but also lacks experience and a big of good old down and dirty grit.

There were / are free transfers available that could have helped plug the gaps, and I don't get why it hasn't been done.

My big fear is that 10 games in the owners will do a Sven and push the panic button if we dont come out to a great start, my even greater fear is that they just wont care.

It's not that they don't care, they just want to go up ASAP so their brand can be spread globally quicker than now.

Think.

Why did they change the naming rights of the stadium?

Why has nine of our home games been broadcasted for Sky last season?

Why have we invited Real Madrid and AS Monaco over here for friendlies (the latter being televised here, the first to be televised in Thailand and Sweden)?

Why did they appoint Sven, and sack him immediately after a shaky third of the season?

I can post up dozens and dozens of posts I've made moaning about him, expressing doubt about him, but nothing changes you still get labeled "ridiculously positive". I'm sure it's the same for plenty of others also.

Yet strangely you only ever seem to pull up the Pearson doubters and mention how we finished 6th.

When the Pro Pearson brigade are having a go at a Pearson doubter your silence speaks volumes.

It's not that they don't care, they just want to go up ASAP so their brand can be spread globally quicker than now.

Think.

Why did they change the naming rights of the stadium?

Why has nine of our home games been broadcasted for Sky last season?

Why have we invited Real Madrid and AS Monaco over here for friendlies (the latter being televised here, the first to be televised in Thailand and Sweden)?

Why did they appoint Sven, and sack him immediately after a shaky third of the season?

What the hell is your point? This is indecipherable. What has any of that got to do with us being promoted?

Yet strangely you only ever seem to pull up the Pearson doubters and mention how we finished 6th.

I'll pull up anyone speaking out of their arris... thing is I haven't seen people on here saying how we're going to win the league, but I've seen several moaners saying how they are lumping on for us to get relegated.

When the Pro Pearson brigade are having a go at a Pearson doubter your silence speaks volumes.

And your silence speaks volumes when an anti Pearson is having a go and a pro pearson... what's your point?

You were the one who made the direct link between our manager and a drop in ST sales and then, when the numbers proved you wrong, you made up some absolutely ridiculous claims about the club falsifying the numbers or buying up tickets themselves rather than just admitting you were wrong. If you come out with bullshit like that, people are going to call you up on it. Simple.

I don't give a toss what you say about Pearson to be honest, I support Leicester and the players and manager I believe to be good for the club, if there was a better candidate out there than Pearson who would come in and do a better job, I would have no problem with him being sacked tomorrow. All this 'Pearsonite' and 'Pearson bummer' shit is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned - I will support the manager of my club while he's doing a good job, or until the club decides to get rid of him.

And that's exactly how it should be. I've supported every manager until it was clear to me they were doing a bad job.

That didn't take long for me with Taylor although his short-sightedness and financial irresponsibility took most of the season to kick in.

It took longer with Sven, I was very uncomfortable with the amount of loanees in his first season but results were good so I conveniently overlooked it. There's been enough written about his second season so I won't go into it.

For the record, I've always understood the size of the task Pearson had on his hands from the moment he came back, something that is only now becoming apparent to some but still not to others. I think he's done a pretty decent job so far and I will continue to support him as long as he's here. Having said that, I also won't be shedding any tears if he goes, as long as he's not replaced with Peter Taylor Mk.III

I'll pull up anyone speaking out of their arris... thing is I haven't seen people on here saying how we're going to win the league, but I've seen several moaners saying how they are lumping on for us to get relegated.

And your silence speaks volumes when an anti Pearson is having a go and a pro pearson... what's your point?

My point is that I'm not claiming the middle ground, I don't like Pearson so would be silent in such a scenario.

You claim to be neutral but it seems to me that you only ever pull up the anti Pearson posters.

It took longer with Sven, I was very uncomfortable with the amount of loanees in his first season but results were good so I conveniently overlooked it.

Hardly Sven's fault, the transfer window was closed and he was under orders to get us promoted.

My point is that I'm not claiming the middle ground, I don't like Pearson so would be silent in such a scenario.

You claim to be neutral but it seems to me that you only ever pull up the anti Pearson posters.

To be fair posters calling for Pearson's head exaggerate and we did finish 6th last season, if your trying to be practical about the managerial situation we don't have the money or the reasons based on a whole season of Championship football to sack him. 

I don't see the reason for this debate though it's gone beyond ****ing boring now, he's staying, get over it. And the lack of signings have nothing to do with him,

Probably because there are far less people saying "Pearson is an amazing manager and we are going to win the league" compared to those saying "He's an awful manager, we'll get relegated, crowds will fall with him in charge".

Probably because there are far less people saying "Pearson is an amazing manager and we are going to win the league" compared to those saying "He's an awful manager, we'll get relegated, crowds will fall with him in charge".

Really, a poll at the end of last season had 80% on here wanting to keep him.

Really, a poll at the end of last season had 80% on here wanting to keep him.

Why would I pull anyone up and something like that?

It's hardly a ridiculous concept to keep a manager who improved your league position and had you in a top two spot two thirds of the way through the season.

Which discussion?

The one you were involved in and it was your comment I was replying to, please try and keep up.

:thumbup:

dannythefox, on 17 Jul 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:snapback.png

We need 3 players a strong defender jack Hobbs would of been nice, a bully in midfield who not going to take any shite and a striker to keep wood and Nugent on there toes unless that will be Schulpps job this season! If we don't get 2 of the 3 we can certainly say bye bye automatic promotion.

Why do we need to get automatic promotion? Do we have a prerogative?

Besides, why do you think we can't reach those heights with the player material that we already have?

•  
hackneyfox

First Team

•  
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 2,789 posts

Posted Today, 08:50 AM

Because we failed massively last season?

<p>

The one you were involved in and it was your comment I was replying to, please try and keep up.

:thumbup:

dannythefox, on 17 Jul 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:snapback.png

Besides, why do you think we can't reach those heights with the player material that we already have?

hackneyfox

First Team

• bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 2,789 posts
Posted Today, 08:50 AM

Because we failed massively last season?

I can't see a discussion here, it's merely an exchange of statements. A discussion is a longer-lasting debate. We both merely commented on our 6th place finish last season.

And then you quote my questions to dannythefox, which had absolutely nothing to do with you. lol

Whereas you see the glass half-empty, I see it half-full. That's about it.

If you still believe we failed "massively" (which is a massive exaggeration on your behalf), you're fully entitled to.

But you have yet to go into further details. It's a bit bland coming up with the same standard line all the time.

You've made me unhappy now.  :angry:  :P

Nah that's ok I suppose, I'm less bothered about loan players now that they're capped. The rules have been correctly amended on that front.

No problem - non-one can really complain now as the clubs had a chance to vote on the system and went for the 4/5 max option which surprised me TBH.

What the hell is your point? This is indecipherable. What has any of that got to do with us being promoted?

Exactly. The idea of promotion has gone over the owner's heads...

because the current players are not good enough plus if there 1or2 injurys were stuffed!

because the current players are not good enough plus if there 1or2 injurys were stuffed!

How do you explain that, with the current players we've got, we were as high up as second spot last season and finished in 6th, a goal away from the playoff final then?

"Not good enough" is a very vague description. Could you be a bit more... specific?

Also, in case of injuries, there's always the loan option.

How do you explain that, with the current players we've got, we were as high up as second spot last season and finished in 6th, a goal away from the playoff final then?

"Not good enough" is a very vague description. Could you be a bit more... specific?

Also, in case of injuries, there's always the loan option.

We failed to get promotion = Failure. Not good enough. 

The current squad is weaker than we ended last season (3 loan players and a striker).

Easy really.

We failed to get promotion = Failure. Not good enough. 

The current squad is weaker than we ended last season (3 loan players and a striker).

Easy really.

I don't see how missing out on promotion was a failure. Disappointment, yes. But failure?

The team did its best given the financial constraints, the lack of experience and the small squad size.

Besides, there's a new season to look forward to. I do not need to dwell any further in the past. What's done is done.

As for the three loan players, I can count two. Michael Keane and Harry Kane. What was the other one?

The one striker you're mentioning had little to no impact on the outcome of our final position and was deemed surplus to requirements (due to several reasons).

I don't see how missing out on promotion was a failure. Disappointment, yes. But failure?

The team did its best given the financial constraints, the lack of experience and the small squad size.

Besides, there's a new season to look forward to. I do not need to dwell any further in the past. What's done is done.

As for the three loan players, I can count two. Michael Keane and Harry Kane. What was the other one?

The one striker you're mentioning had little to no impact on the outcome of our final position and was deemed surplus to requirements (due to several reasons).

Stated aim for season from Owners and NP. Promotion.

Small squad = NP's choice.

Young squad = NP's choice.

This is why i don't get the love for him ... he makes bad decisions doesn't achieve the one stated aim and yet he gets a defence using his failed decisions as justification for failure!!!

It's been done to death though .... Like you say we've got another season of much the same to "look forward to".

Archived