Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbage Fox

Only Championship Team to have signed no-one

Stated aim for season from Owners and NP. Promotion.

Small squad = NP's choice.

Young squad = NP's choice.

This is why i don't get the love for him ... he makes bad decisions doesn't achieve the one stated aim and yet he gets a defence using his failed decisions as justification for failure!!!

It's been done to death though .... Like you say we've got another season of much the same to "look forward to".

You can say what you want, but it's not all down to the manager. You take aim at Pearson solely, but forget to admit that there's other people involved in the decision-making at the club.

And the players weren't completely innocent for the bad patch starting last February, either.

This is why I don't get the Pearson haters... they make simple accusations and still fail to see the bigger picture.

I think this is equally a "failure".

The reason we under achieved last season is down to the tactical weaknesses of Pearson.

Sure, the players under performed at times but our turn in fortunes occurred when Pearson went defensive in an attempt to preserve what we had, rather than go for it in an attacking sense, as we had been up until this point.

You can say what you want, but it's not all down to the manager. You take aim at Pearson solely, but forget to admit that there's other people involved in the decision-making at the club.

And the players weren't completely innocent for the bad patch starting last February, either.

This is why I don't get the Pearson haters... they make simple accusations and still fail to see the bigger picture.

I think this is equally a "failure".

I'm interested ..... what is this bigger picture??

How is the man that is paid £1m a year to pick and manage 20 ish football players not to blame for their performance???

FFP per chance?? Because I have a feeling it may apply to every team in the championship just the same ..... but we have more resources and a better squad to begin with than almost everyone.

Time??? NP hasn't had enough time???? 4 out of 5 teams ahead of us had a newer manager.

Tell me what I'm missing .... why shouldn't I blame NP for failure to achieve his own stated aim.

How is the man that is paid £1m a year to pick and manage 20 ish football players not to blame for their performance???

FFP per chance?? Because I have a feeling it may apply to every team in the championship just the same ..... but we have more resources and a better squad to begin with than almost everyone.

Time??? NP hasn't had enough time???? 4 out of 5 teams ahead of us had a newer manager.

Tell me what I'm missing .... why shouldn't I blame NP for failure to achieve his own stated aim.

Ultimately, he has to take responsibility for their performance, no doubt about it. Yet if the players he's willfully picked and whom he thought are good enough fail to deliver on the day, that's beyond his means.

Also, we usually play against 22 other teams in this division and not all of them simply make way for the mighty Leicester City FC just because.

Our squad is good, but not "better than almost everyone (else)". There were at least five other teams that had better squads last season and that's why they finished above us. And Bolton put up a good fight, too (so did F*ç%est).

Maybe you ought to work on your instilled belief that we're better than everyone else just because we are who we are.

Everyone at the organisation "failed" or disappointed by not getting promoted - you're just making the manager the easiest of all targets, which I find both simplistic and somewhat unheard of.

Besides, the three (not four) "newer" managers who finished above us could either profit from a massively expensive squad (Watford) or profit from somebody else's hard work before them (Bruce at Hull and Holloway at Crystal Palace).

Hardly a comparison to the mess Pearson found himself in when he took over for his second spell.

Ultimately, he has to take responsibility for their performance, no doubt about it. Yet if the players he's willfully picked and whom he thought are good enough fail to deliver on the day, that's beyond his means.

Also, we usually play against 22 other teams in this division and not all of them simply make way for the mighty Leicester City FC just because.

Our squad is good, but not "better than almost everyone (else)". There were at least five other teams that had better squads last season and that's why they finished above us. And Bolton put up a good fight, too (so did F*ç%est).

Maybe you ought to work on your instilled belief that we're better than everyone else just because we are who we are.

Everyone at the organisation "failed" or disappointed by not getting promoted - you're just making the manager the easiest of all targets, which I find both simplistic and somewhat unheard of.

Besides, the three (not four) "newer" managers who finished above us could either profit from a massively expensive squad (Watford) or profit from somebody else's hard work before them (Bruce at Hull and Holloway at Crystal Palace).

Hardly a comparison to the mess Pearson found himself in when he took over for his second spell.

Really???

I thought it's what managers are paid for .... and the first person to lose their job when they fail.

He didn't find himself inheriting one of the most expensively assembled squads or the previous hard work?? Didn't he??? I thought we were two points off the play offs when he took over with one of the most expensively assembled squads in the division.

You're making a great job of making my points for me.

I do agree with you there ..... it should be well within his means to motivate players and make tactical changes. But you're right .... it is beyond his means.

Really???

I thought it's what managers are paid for .... and the first person to lose their job when they fail.

He didn't find himself inheriting one of the most expensively assembled squads or the previous hard work?? Didn't he??? I thought we were two points off the play offs when he took over with one of the most expensively assembled squads in the division.

You're making a great job of making my points for me.

Managers are paid to form and lead a team - and not to be the first to lose their job when they "fail" in the eye of the common fan. You're making it very easy for yourself there.

The expensive squad that Pearson inherited was also pretty quickly disassembled upon his return - Yakubu, Johnson, Vassell, van Aanholt, Mee, Bamba, Abe, Kamara, Bruma, Moreno, Miguel Vitor, Naughton all left or had to leave within the space of a few weeks and months.

We were two points off the playoffs with a much more expensive squad - and have now finished in sixth place with a (much) cheaper first eleven.

You're doing an even better job for making my points here. :thumbup:

lol I really don't want to get involved in this discussion but on one hand you're blaming Pearson for our squad not being good enough then on the other you're saying our squad is better than almost everyone's and not crediting Pearson if that is the case.

Make your mind up

lol I really don't want to get involved in this discussion but on one hand you're blaming Pearson for our squad not being good enough then on the other you're saying our squad is better than almost everyone's and not crediting Pearson if that is the case.

Make your mind up

Better squad to begin with .... meaning the squad he inherited.

Players like Junk Food Johnson, Michael Balls-up, Bugger-all Beckford, Muppet Mills?

You really think they were better than almost everyone elses squad and they're better than we have now?

lol

I REALLY wouldn't bother mate

Wally 5 seems to have no clue what he's on about at present.

We failed to get promotion = Failure. Not good enough.

The current squad is weaker than we ended last season (3 loan players and a striker).

Easy really.

Well seeing as Kane and Lindgard (only here a month) were universally hated I'm not sure we are much weaker considering our own players are back from loan and others have recovered from injury.

Could we do with better players, of course, who couldn't? But we can be competitive with the squad as it currently stands.

Clearly more probably need to leave, but you would imagine we will be in a position to strengthen then.

Loaning other people's kids is not the answer to our short comings, as our problem is the youth and inexperience of our own squad.

We need 2/3 older more experienced players to give the team some guile.

Loaning other people's kids is not the answer to our short comings, as our problem is the youth and inexperience of our own squad.

We need 2/3 older more experienced players to give the team some guile.

I agree with this. I think it was the problem last season. When the buoyancy of youth started to disintegrate, a couple of older heads on the pitch could have hauled them through the sticky patch. It was very apparent, to me, that this was missing.

How do you explain that, with the current players we've got, we were as high up as second spot last season and finished in 6th, a goal away from the playoff final then?

"Not good enough" is a very vague description. Could you be a bit more... specific?

Also, in case of injuries, there's always the loan option.

keanes missing for a start so were one player down already were a striker down who can put pressure on wood and Nugent and our midfield is to soft. Huddersfield, Wednesday, Barnsley, Peterborough, Charlton are teams who I would say we should beat walked through our midfield with there avarage players. We got lucky to be in the playoffs Pearson will not get automatic promotion with Leicester he's not got that tactics to change the game you've got to have the edge to get in the top two and Pearson is as blunt as a butter knife!

keanes missing for a start so were one player down already were a striker down who can put pressure on wood and Nugent and our midfield is to soft. Huddersfield, Wednesday, Barnsley, Peterborough, Charlton are teams who I would say we should beat walked through our midfield with there avarage players. We got lucky to be in the playoffs Pearson will not get automatic promotion with Leicester he's not got that tactics to change the game you've got to have the edge to get in the top two and Pearson is as blunt as a butter knife!

Keane could be coming back on loan, Beckford never had the other strikers feel any pressure (pardon the pun), we were doing quite well without him.

You mention allegedly "weak" teams when we all know that there's no such thing in the Championship. Last season proved that the difference in quality between the 24 has narrowed down some more.

We also beat so-called "better" teams like Watford or Bolton or Brighton last season in case you should've forgotten.

And again, who said we're going to get automatic promotion this season? Where did you get that from? We have a solid team that, given the experiences from last season, can maybe challenge for a playoff spot again, but automatic promotion?

And calling Pearson "blunt" shows that you've got nothing to back up your claims but personal insults. I expected more from you.

He's shown by using a 3-5-2 in the first pre-season game that he's willing to gamble in terms of formation - so much for your "he's not got that tactics to change the game".

Keane could be coming back on loan, Beckford never had the other strikers feel any pressure (pardon the pun), we were doing quite well without him.

You mention allegedly "weak" teams when we all know that there's no such thing in the Championship. Last season proved that the difference in quality between the 24 has narrowed down some more.

We also beat so-called "better" teams like Watford or Bolton or Brighton last season in case you should've forgotten.

And again, who said we're going to get automatic promotion this season? Where did you get that from? We have a solid team that, given the experiences from last season, can maybe challenge for a playoff spot again, but automatic promotion?

And calling Pearson "blunt" shows that you've got nothing to back up your claims but personal insults. I expected more from you.

He's shown by using a 3-5-2 in the first pre-season game that he's willing to gamble in terms of formation - so much for your "he's not got that tactics to change the game".

this is only my view Pearson he's proved to me he hasn't got the edge he's good at getting team chasing the playoffs spots that's all he bought Vardy Futcas Kane and Jesse linguard in all not good enough for a team who needs automatic you can finish 3rd and and think you've had a good season and lose out to someone who's got lucky and got in 6th. Just mark my words Pearson will not get Leicester in the top 2 EVER!

Course it's Pearson's fault, but to suggest he's the only one to blame when there are 11 people on the pitch responsible for the result every week is absurd. Pearson takes his fair share of the blame, it's only fair that the players take theirs too.

On another note, the owners should take responsibility for the extremely restrictive financial constraints we have to work under now because they invested their money poorly a couple of seasons ago. There are plenty of people to blame for the position our club currently finds itself in, Pearson's not the only one.

Also - and before you blow a fuse, I'm not referring to you specifically - I find it a bit hypocritical that some people on here constantly refer to how much Pearson's getting paid negatively, but they stick up for players like Beckford saying it's 'not his fault' that the club decided to give him a massive contract. How does that work out?

this is only my view Pearson he's proved to me he hasn't got the edge he's good at getting team chasing the playoffs spots that's all he bought Vardy Futcas Kane and Jesse linguard in all not good enough for a team who needs automatic you can finish 3rd and and think you've had a good season and lose out to someone who's got lucky and got in 6th. Just mark my words Pearson will not get Leicester in the top 2 EVER!

Lindgaard was only here on loan and had a total of five (5) appearances. Kane was also a loanee - Person didn't buy either of them.

Harry Kane had a rough time adapting to the Championship - as Craig Shakespeare once mentioned on the radio. Sadly, we only saw what Kane could do towards the end of his loan spell - he was massive in the playoffs against Watford at home.

Again, because you haven't answered me this yet - why do we "need" automatic promotion?

Your comments only point in one direction - your massive dislike for Pearson (even though he's one of the most successful managers we've ever had in terms of winning percentage).

But it's great to see you're deeming the upcoming season, which hasn't even started yet, a "failure" already with your scenario of us finishing 3rd and losing out to the team in 6th spot in the playoffs.

That's what I call excellent and positive support. :thumbup:

Course it's Pearson's fault, but to suggest he's the only one to blame when there are 11 people on the pitch responsible for the result every week is absurd. Pearson takes his fair share of the blame, it's only fair that the players take theirs too.

On another note, the owners should take responsibility for the extremely restrictive financial constraints we have to work under now because they invested their money poorly a couple of seasons ago. There are plenty of people to blame for the position our club currently finds itself in, Pearson's not the only one.

Also - and before you blow a fuse, I'm not referring to you specifically - I find it a bit hypocritical that some people on here constantly refer to how much Pearson's getting paid negatively, but they stick up for players like Beckford saying it's 'not his fault' that the club decided to give him a massive contract. How does that work out?

I'm going to surprise you.... because I don't disagree with a single word of that ......

What annoys me is the defending of Pearson like he's above blame and that it's everyone else's fault ..... 

Yes, I blame NP, others blame other parties ...... the truth is that everyone has failed so far in a plan to get us promoted ..... The owners naivety cost them, Sven or AN giving splashing the cash without either being given limits or not adhering to them, and for me, particularly NP who dismantled a side that needed tweaking not a total re-build. He then built his side and forgot to include experience and grit in there.

Personally I don't think NP is ever going to be a premiership manager and doesn't have what it takes .... and therefore, for me, we are wasting our time with an experiment that is destined to fail and has all the hallmarks of already having done so.

I can understand people viewing things differently.

Managers are paid to form and lead a team - and not to be the first to lose their job when they "fail" in the eye of the common fan. You're making it very easy for yourself there.

The expensive squad that Pearson inherited was also pretty quickly disassembled upon his return - Yakubu, Johnson, Vassell, van Aanholt, Mee, Bamba, Abe, Kamara, Bruma, Moreno, Miguel Vitor, Naughton all left or had to leave within the space of a few weeks and months.

We were two points off the playoffs with a much more expensive squad - and have now finished in sixth place with a (much) cheaper first eleven.

You're doing an even better job for making my points here. :thumbup:

By Pearson!!!!! He's in charge of who he lets leave and who he attracts to the club ..... he either let those players go or didn't have the ability to keep them ..... Sven got them in. You are actually agreeing with me - Sven had more pulling power and got better players and NP lost them ...... The difference is that you seem to think that's through no fault of his own!!!

He could have replaced them, he could have kept them .... he chose to totally rebuild a squad that needed tweaking. two years later and he still hasn't assembled a team that is any better (unless you want to split hairs and say they were one place higher) ..... The fact is he had a great platform to make a difference and hasn't.

Archived