Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Bye Wellens - Mutual Agreement, now free agent.

Shame he will now be remembered as the player everyone used to blame, and making one of the most famous quotes by a Leicester player

"I believe I am one of the best midfielders in the Championship"  :nono:  :facepalm: 

Did well for the first season, faded away and became worse as time went on.

His passing might've been "inventive" but he invariably slowed down our attacks.

Best for all to move on.

Did well for the first season, faded away and became worse as time went on.

His passing might've been "inventive" but he invariably slowed down our attacks.

Best for all to move on.

I thought he was just as good if not better in the second season. In that period he was already getting stick and most of it fairly harsh. Then he did actually become rubbish.

I've never really got this idea that he slowed down our attacks. I don't remember him turning down opportunities to make passes worth making, more that he was willing to hold onto the ball and take responsibility for making things happen rather than play it sideways or backwards like other players did.

Says hes a free agent? Doesnt mention anything about Doncaster...

Has nothing to do with Leicester since they terminated his contract and made him a 'free agent'. That is Doncaster's news. He has told players and staff thats where he is going and has been training with them last few days finalising a deal.

I'm just wondering are football accounts done annually 1st August to 31st July? Is this possibly why we have seen such extreme action taken to adjust the wage bill accordingly before the 13/14 accounts start?

Interesting angle, could be it will go into last seasons accounts. I was wondering if a settlement counts as wages and therefore may give us more wiggle room. Or was it just getting rid of a bad influence ?

:dance:  :dance:  :smile:  :yahoo:  :w00t:  :banana:

Decent first season, dross since. Great, City are countering, bit of pace, good move and... Richie Wellens has put his foot on the ball. Back to sleep, everyone. Most frustrating player I've seen here in the last decade and I include Gallagher in that.

Delighted. Don't give a toss who that outrages, a couple of moments of quality don't a player make. 

He was our best player in his second season so yeah, dross since 09/10

Because he's been at logger heads with Pearson since he was left out last season. Bad energy in the dressing room.

Oh no! It's another fall out with the gaffer unsubstantiated rumour for the everything's perfect at our club brigade to stamp all over.

Oh no! It's another fall out with the gaffer unsubstantiated rumour for the everything's perfect at our club brigade to stamp all over.

So before Pearson came back everyone slates Wellens as a bad influence etc and that we needed rid. Now Pearson has done that and now it's blame Pearson again. This constant grasping looks very sad.

I put wellens in the 'right player wrong club' category. Decent footballer, and I'm sure he could have been influential at other clubs. Our midfield has been our biggest problem for years, and the lack of consistency in who he played with doesn't help.

Reminds me of when we signed the prolific Northern Ireland international Jimmy Quinn, scored about a million goals for every other team, couldn't score for toffee for city.

Wellens was great for us in his first couple of seasons. Then he got a bit older, and suffered a really serious knee injury. Sure he's a decent bloke who above all wants to play football. Hence why he's agreed to go. Shame SSL and Gally wont do the same

Archived