Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Bye Wellens - Mutual Agreement, now free agent.

I heard that when discussing terms with Doncaster they asked "what do you get paid at City". He wrote the figure down on paper and passed it over the table. Eye brows are raised in surprise but then he is told "you know what, I think we can almost match this for you, this annual figure is around our top earners level" to which Wellens replies "Annual ? That's the 'kin monthly figure.

The vitriol on here is amazing. Richie was a very good player for us for 2\3 seasons. he gave his all and so called fans here are moaning that he complained when dropped. He always showed spirit and heart. Much of his midfield procrastination was caused by the statues around him - players unwilling to make the necessary runs required. It wasn't his fault that he negotiated wages that at the time we as a club were prepared to spend. The fact that he has reached a mutual agreement to go before the end of his contract shows that this is a lad that wants to play football more so than enjoy the wages he could obtain by languishing in the reserves. Thank you Richie for all you have done for LCFC - you were one of the most reliable players for us in the last 5 years. I wish you all the very best.

The vitriol on here is amazing. Richie was a very good player for us for 2\3 seasons. he gave his all and so called fans here are moaning that he complained when dropped. He always showed spirit and heart. Much of his midfield procrastination was caused by the statues around him - players unwilling to make the necessary runs required. It wasn't his fault that he negotiated wages that at the time we as a club were prepared to spend. The fact that he has reached a mutual agreement to go before the end of his contract shows that this is a lad that wants to play football more so than enjoy the wages he could obtain by languishing in the reserves. Thank you Richie for all you have done for LCFC - you were one of the most reliable players for us in the last 5 years. I wish you all the very best.

Agree

Wellens was never 'good' - average, half way decent or something like that at the start. Absolutely pure unadulterated rubbish most of the time. Those who thought he was good then 'lost his legs' through age are kidding themselves. He ain't that old. He is just lazy and crap!

Finally............ ......a GENUINE LCFC fan !!

The vitriol isn't so amazing mate......the majority of saddos on here have nothing better to do in their pitiful ,grubby little lives !!

I would tend to agree with Burmesefox but would go for he was a good player as to very good, (good+) and give him credit that he had done a deal to end his contract. I wish him the best but I didn't think much to the comment he made about returning to the only club he has ever" felt loved at"

He was a key player in the best team we've had for a decade, he doesn't deserve any abuse whether you think he was crap or not as he's not really done anything to warrant it.

Serious growing up needed from a lot of people.

He was a key player in the best team we've had for a decade, he doesn't deserve any abuse whether you think he was crap or not as he's not really done anything to warrant it.

Serious growing up needed from a lot of people.

Leicester City wouldn't have many fans if there wasn't a player that couldn't be made a scapegoat.

Who will be the new scapegoat - it's bound to happen!

Money is on Konchesky or Drinkwater, then again there's Whitbread, St Ledger or Marshall. Need I say more.

I get frustrated by the performances of some players but I don't think Wellens deserves the amount of abuse he is getting. Was very good the season we bought him and certainly had ability. Perhaps he just thought he was a little better than he actually was.

Good representative of the club in his time, but has been passed it for three years. The fact he was given a four year contract (and, I would speculate, a pay rise) in 2011 was absolutely scandalous mismanagement - whoever was responsible.

Wish him all the best regardless. Football is what it is.

Good representative of the club in his time, but has been passed it for three years. The fact he was given a four year contract (and, I would speculate, a pay rise) in 2011 was absolutely scandalous mismanagement - whoever was responsible.

Wish him all the best regardless. Football is what it is.

Great post. I agree..

Archived