Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Bye Wellens - Mutual Agreement, now free agent.

Isn't the procedure usually to pay the player the amount they'd lose by taking a wage drop (which is what Middlesbrough have done in letting Scott McDonald go to Millwall for free) rather than paying their wages in one go?

Seems that we're not actually saving ourselves much this way, unless we save on clauses.

Because he's been at logger heads with Pearson since he was left out last season. Bad energy in the dressing room.

There is so much bad energy in the dressing room the owners have probably considered building a new stadium 

I'm probably setting myself up for about 50 wildly different answers to this question but does anyone know how much he was on?

And how much of his wages we are paying until the end of his contract?

He's always lumped in with the high earners.

£15-,£17,000 mark.

Took an awful lot of unfair stick as his legs faded. When we signed him, he was one of the best midfielders in the league.

and now he isn't.

If he'd had the intelegence to alter his game as his legs went he'd serve a purpose but (to me) his arrogance (once such an asset) didn't allow him to modify his style of play.

Thanks for the good times, not so many thanks for the bad times that followed.

He should've quit playing in the Championship a season earlier. Good luck at Doncaster, Richie.

You're bound to play the two games of your lifetime against us.

So, who are we going to blame now all the time? It's probably still going to be Richie Wellens.

and now he isn't.

If he'd had the intelegence to alter his game as his legs went he'd serve a purpose but (to me) his arrogance (once such an asset) didn't allow him to modify his style of play.

We could take your sheer and completely unfounded speculation as the reason, or we could take the fact that he got injured, fell down the pecking order as Sven filled the side with players like Fernandes and Johnson, continued to struggle with injuries and was ultimately replaced by better players.

We could take your sheer and completely unfounded speculation as the reason, or we could take the fact that he got injured, fell down the pecking order as Sven filled the side with players like Fernandes and Johnson, continued to struggle with injuries and was ultimately replaced by better players.

Erm Johnson played a grand total of 7 times and Fernandes 15. Wellens was a virtual ever present under Sven playing 46 times in 11/12 and 51 the season prior to that. My 'speculation' is built on watching a man attempting play like he did in 09/10 in spite of the fact his mobility was severely reduced. The time on the ball he once had soon disappeared but he resolutely refused to pass the ball earlier, choosing instead to fight battles he couldn't win and play passes which drew "oohs" and "aahs" but seldom completed as he was forced to try more extravagant things as his legs wouldn't carry him to where he needed to be. Now he either did that because he was ****ing stupid or because of 'arrogance'. I'd lean towards arrogance.

I'd imagine some more of the Beckford money has been used to pay Richie up. Surely, as others have said, we've saved money somewhere along the line with this. If we just wanted him away from the dressing room we could've loaned him for the season and let other clubs pay a % of his wage.

You didn't receive any Beckford money  :unsure:

Archived