Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Anthony Knockaerts "Future"

AK is probably the most hyped player in the squad. For most part, he is woeful, the rest of the time average, with one or two flashes of magic.

We won without him, absolutely no divine right to play, never mind make the squad. The boy needs to knuckle down and lose the primary school manner in which he plays his football.

Thinking back to the L1 promotion season, Pearson quickly realised you had to play away games as the away team. Line up with a less attacking, more hard to beat formation. If you don't concede a goal you don't lose the game although games become less open and a bit drab as they are often played in the middle of the park. Dyer for example was often kept on the bench for an impact sub if needed but often didn't start away from home. I wondered why ,last season, Pearson continued to go to away games with attack minded teams and too many 'flair' players as this was inconsistent with the way he achieved success in the past. 

It bodes well in my opinion although I see away games being less exciting with fewer chances, I think we will lose fewer games and grab 3 points more often if he pursues this approach.

We had a good home record last season, and assume 4-4-2 will be retained for home games or the 3-5-2 played with more attacking intent (i,e 3-5-2 more than 5-3-2)and with the likes of Dyer / Marshall and Knockaert getting more pitch time.

The championship is tight. Most wins are by 1 goal. Teams that do well find the way to 'edge' more games. turn narrow defeats into draws and draws into wins. Keeping tight at the back away from home will frustrate the opposition and their fans. + it may only take 1 chance and if taken we get the points.

Is it so difficult for us to believe that he may have genuinely been dropped for tactical reasons?

His habit of dribbling and 4/5 times losing the ball would have absolutely destroyed us yesterday. Like it or not, if we have 3 at the back, there's no room to risk doing that unless you're 2 or more goals up.

Airbrush it all you want, but he was rubbish in pre-season, and had been going off the boil for much of the end of last season until his performance against Forest made everybody want his babies again.

I would still have him on the bench, in place of a striker (we really don't need Nuge/Wood/Waggy/Vardy/Schlupp in the same line-up), however the likes of Marshall are a better shout for a MF substitute right now. If Drinkwater bottles that 2nd Half form, I honestly can't see Knocky getting near the first team unless somebody gets injured, because in a 3-5-2, Drinky, james and one of King or Marshall is our best line-up on current form, fact.

I don't see where he'd fit in the 3-5-2 either! Although I reckon Marshall would do a good job as the more attacking CM as long as he did a job defensively as well

Isn't the point that the 3-5-2 looks like this

GK

CB       CB       CB

RWB                              LWB

CM        CM

CAM

ST           ST

Which means that CAM role is perfect for Knocky. And Marshall I suppose

Isn't the point that the 3-5-2 looks like this

GK

CB       CB       CB

RWB                              LWB

CM        CM

CAM

ST           ST

Which means that CAM role is perfect for Knocky. And Marshall I suppose

Yeah I like that and hopefully Nige will go with that in home games, or at least in 'easier' games, particularly if a team comes to defend and will require a bit of guile to unlock the defence. 

Come on, let's be honest, he is merely an very average Championship player. Anyone who thinks he is better than that, is happy to accept mediocrity. 

He's not though is he? He's produced some of the best bits of skill I (and I'm sure a lot of people) have seen in our team in a decade. Not to go overboard and say he's a superstar because he's obviously got areas of his game he needs to work on and being a young lad I think that will come with age and guidance.

I would think most teams would rather have him in their squad than playing against them.

when choosing a side the manager and coaching staff pick the best players for this fixture based on tactics, available players and the opposition and their strengths and weaknesses.

Can we not accept that this is a tactical decision and knocky is going to play a huge part in the team and its success this season.

we have 3 games in a fortnight.

I believe its 10 away games in a row that we have not kept a clean sheet and im sure in the back of the managers mind he wanted a solid performance.

i believe we will start with a winning team against leeds and knocky will be involved.

these are just my opinions..

Come on, let's be honest, he is merely an very average Championship player. Anyone who thinks he is better than that, is happy to accept mediocrity. 

What? Anyone who thinks he is better than an average Championship player (so top of the Championship/ Premier League standard) is happy to accept mediocrity (mid-table to lower Championship).

How does that work?

Are you on a wind up?

Don't get me wrong, we do overrate him at times because we rarely ever sign 'flair' players like him. But he is not average.

His 2 goals at huddersfield, and the goals at home to huddersfield showed just what quality he does have. He does blow hot and cold, but he is a match winner. 

Isnt he still only 21 just picking up young player of the season award.

So for me a player with great potential, over last season i could see him maturing as a player coming back to defend and work more for the team.

Im glad Pearson is protecting him to a degree and i do think he will be influential and be a game changer many times this season.

He is gritty and not scared to get stuck in and chase to win back possesion and ive seen some incredible passes.

I hope we get behind all the players and allow the young ones to deveop their games.

Don't often disagree with you DT, but on this one will defiantly have to, a confident, fit knockeart is well above average, and offers something no one else in the squad can.

I will say he has looked very leggy preseason and looks desperate for a bit of confidence.

If he can progress as he looks he can, I believe he will be a good premier league player.

This thread reminds me of the match thread after seeing the squad someone called for NP's head (how daft does he feel now)

He was not picked we don't know why just let it go and run till we do.

Np must have reasons for picking the squad he did and was right.

we can all draw conclusions to this like some did yesterday and most will be wrong.

Just stay calm and wait till the next game or some news breaks.

Or gob it off and look stuppid.

FFS we played one and won one what more do you want just be happy.

hes young and quite obviously not the finished article . up to himself where his career goes imo . some on here are pure arse lickers but its the turn of the two face crew today . how can you say hes an average championship player ? idiot . he finished in 6th . thats not average you fool .

hes young and quite obviously not the finished article . up to himself where his career goes imo . some on here are pure arse lickers but its the turn of the two face crew today . how can you say hes an average championship player ? idiot . he finished in 6th . thats not average you fool .

All correct he needs to learn still and NP I am sure is trying to do that atm we don't need to push everyone.

And being dropped is part of the learning.

Archived