Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Anthony Knockaerts "Future"

Not sure whats gone on really... I am not going to look into the fact he was not on the bench too much..

Its a bit odd and the reason was "Tactical decisions" So make what you want of it...

That was odd enough for me.. then I saw a quote on facebook (Again just rumours)

"Does anyone know anything about knockaert being sold"

At this point I was thinking "Just panicking" overreacting... etc etc.

Then at half time Stringer says on RL "After the game we will talk about knockaerts future"

Anyone heard anything?

Nigel said a quote at full time saying someone has said to nigel "An agent has clamied he can get any player at leicester that he wants"

Im not starting rumours at all...

But whats going on?    Anyone ITK?

Its a bit odd and the reason was "Tactical decisions" So make what you want of it...

Well we won without him... so maybe, just maybe, it was a very good tactical decision.

Well we won without him... so maybe, just maybe, it was a very good tactical decision.

You can't argue against it, I still think he is one of our best players and if played in a free role would be brilliant... I would hate us to sell him

Agreed mark,

Not so much looking at the result but the stories coming out from this...

I didnt know knockaerts future was even a talking point to be honest.. just wondered if anything had been rumoured anywhere that I had not seen because It was a shock to me that they are talking about it =/

Shakey pre-match said a couple of times that Knocky will be an important player for us this season, he's going nowhere.

I hope that is true, I could understand the tactical decision thing had he been on the bench but to completely be left out very odd...

Maybe he is being sold but he does blow hot and cold so it might be tactical. In short who knows?

Id hate to see that webbo... Who do we have with that bit of flair? We have a few fast players etc but rarely attempting skill etc... he blew hot and cold but can only improve surely?

I hate seeing him run though its almost like running through treacle his legs go wild but he doesnt get anywhere haha....

Still love to see him down the centre as a forward midfielder

I hope that is true, I could understand the tactical decision thing had he been on the bench but to completely be left out very odd...

Yeah, must admit I found that decision a bit strange.

I can see us playing players like Drinky and Konchesky away to slug out results like today, and bringing in Schluup and Knocky at home and trying to attack teams

could well be something in that . 

Agreed mark,

Not so much looking at the result but the stories coming out from this...

I didnt know knockaerts future was even a talking point to be honest.. just wondered if anything had been rumoured anywhere that I had not seen because It was a shock to me that they are talking about it =/

It isn't

It was Stringer bigging up himself

Pearson made it quite clear Knocky will be a big player for us over the season, but he wasn't in the right frame of mind for today.

Knocky needs to knuckle down and get on with it.... and maybe spend a bit less time RT'ing brown nosers on Twitter

When we play well, and we play fast good football Knocky is an asset, a real gem & a matchwinner. When we have a tough game & we're up against it a bit he doesn't seem right for us

Managing him in & out of the team for now seems fine to me, if the person who picks the team doesn't see enough from him, on the training pitch & /mentally/ to pick him... then he isn't going to pick him. People who don't see him, can't question that with any real authority

We'll see what happens on Tuesday, but it is difficult to see where he sits in this formation - in the 352 he would be quite central and needs to play box-to-box, his lack of pace will be a real problem in our half

46 games people, 46 games.

I do think it's strange he wasn't even on the bench. Maybe he was being disciplined. If it's that, I can understand it I suppose.

Certainly though if we're just judging him as a player he should be getting on the bench for a different option, I don't think today's result vindicates everything, just some things.

I hope to see him in the squad at least soon enough.

Perhaps Pearson has analysed the "burn-out" of last season and is looking at conserving the energy of certain players in the early games to ensure that what happened in the second half of the season doesn't happen again.

I do think it's strange he wasn't even on the bench. Maybe he was being disciplined. If it's that, I can understand it I suppose.

Certainly though if we're just judging him as a player he should be getting on the bench for a different option, I don't think today's result vindicates everything, just some things.

I hope to see him in the squad at least soon enough.

I think people are reading too much into it, and Stringer who's had nothing to work with ALL summer, finally thinks he's got a mole hill to turn into a mountain!

Perhaps Pearson has analysed the "burn-out" of last season and is looking at conserving the energy of certain players in the early games to ensure that what happened in the second half of the season doesn't happen again.

If Pearson is concerned about burn out of players before the season has even began, then we are in trouble...

It's just Stringer trying to generate a story from nothing. Him and Young wound me up no end during the game today, constantly going on about him. 

There's no doubt he's a fan's favourite and one of our better players, but he wasn't picked for whatever reason (a poor preseason probably didn't help), yet they mentioned him a damn sight more than most the players on the pitch! 

It's just Stringer trying to generate a story from nothing. Him and Young wound me up no end during the game today, constantly going on about him. 

Absolutely this. Stringer loves to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Archived