Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Anthony Knockaerts "Future"

right i must clarify here im not here to wind up i love the team but knockaert isnt what i like to see in a leicester shirt personally.i have the right to my opinion without being attacked for it cause it goes agaisnt what the majority in crowd say! learn to respect other peoples opinions.this is a message board and if everyone thought the same it would be a boring place.maybe i went around what i said in the wrong way but what i said stands! sorry to offend anyone1 

if everyone repeated the same fooking post everytime it would be a boring place. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but not everyone is posting the same thing over and over and over again.

It was a gamble that paid off in the end. Showing up with a team without Knockaert means even though we have a small squad, Person clearly means business in terms of squad rotation (although he doesn't like the term).

No player (apart from a few, I guess) can be guaranteed a starting spot, even the ones that were considered to be deadwood or fringe players will get a chance this season.

I take it Pearson is giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and is gambling on the squad to come together as a whole.

Judging by Middlesbrough's usual heavy handed tactics, and sounded like they were up to their usual tricks today, I'm not surprised he wanted players who could handle being kicked, but to not have him on the bench was odd. NP was talking about his frame of mind, could be a bid came in, or personal problems, or he was worried about getting a Kermo reception, dunno.

There are other plausible reasons too - maybe he's still feeling the effects of the peno miss, maybe he's having problems adjusting to marriage, etc - but maybe his reported poor preseason performances simply don't justify him being included in the 18.

Looking on the positive side of this, we have won a very tough opener using an unexciting squad, and still have in the bank the likes of Knocky, Marshall, Dyer, Schlupp and the new left back to throw into the mix and spice it up as and when.

So you'd play him as one of the two? I still see him as an attacking wide player.

Yep although I would give him a free role between the middle of the park and striker.

I defiantly think he is being wasted out wide, we all know he can open up the play and we've been lacking a player like this for years.

He's still not the finished article yet though still has a lot to learn.

If we want to go 3-5-2 at home, and play more attacking, the way the players played in pre season, I would play Marshall over Knockaert anyway.

And that's the god honest truth, he showed nothing all pre season, and that to me doesn't warrant a place in the side just yet. 

If we want to go 3-5-2 at home, and play more attacking, the way the players played in pre season, I would play Marshall over Knockaert anyway.

And that's the god honest truth, he showed nothing all pre season, and that to me doesn't warrant a place in the side just yet. 

Yep I agree to an extent even Marshall would be a much better player playing between the mid and striker.

But

We can't really put any of those 2 in that position as we have 5 strikers banging on the door.

Yep I agree to an extent even Marshall would be a much better player playing between the mid and striker.

But

We can't really put any of those 2 in that position as we have 5 strikers banging on the door.

That's the only way Marshall or Knockaert will play, in a 3-5-2 behind the strikers, with Drinkwater likely to make way.

Don't really matter what strikers we pick, we should always go with two, and if all those can chip in well with goals, we will have a good season. 

Yep although I would give him a free role between the middle of the park and striker.

I defiantly think he is being wasted out wide, we all know he can open up the play and we've been lacking a player like this for years.

He's still not the finished article yet though still has a lot to learn.

Yeh maybe. Perhaps NP could try it out against Wycombe. Not convinced he'd do a better job than one of our strikers but it's worth a try I guess.

Leave your best player out of the squad = Tactics .................................

James, Morgan, Kasper and Nugent were all in the squad.

Knocky has great skill, but he's also a liability when not at the top of his game.

Personally think this is being way over-evaluated, NP made it clear that he didn't think he was in the "right place" and that to me is good management so thats fair enough IMO. NP appears to be addressing some of the issues we encountered last season and adopting a system which offers more fluidity and options. Time will tell but I think this augurs well!

Knockaert can be a match winner, but he can also be totally ineffective, especially away from home.

NP picked an experienced side in the positions that mattered, whilst he picked the younger lads for the task within the engine room. I am sure once we gain confidence with the system we are using we will implement some more attacking options.

e.g. Schlupp/dyer for konchesky......knocky/marshall for king/drinky/james.

Today was about grounding out a result, a foundation for the rest of the season. The fact we gained 3 points whilst not at our best is encouraging, especially considering the fact we went a goal down, how many away matches did we win last season after going 1 down?

It was also nice to not have to worry about conceding for the last 15-20 minutes. The new formation allowed us to keep possession, whilst also resulting in chances for ourselves on the counter.

On a final note, the 3-5-2 looks to offer vardy a lot more of what he needed last season. A chance to stay forward and break the offside trap. Which with his pace,as seen today, he will get chances. Another goal against wycombe/leeds and he may enter a purple patch.

I wonder if other clubs have fans that react so violently to things like this. 

If you want to read between the lines, wait til our next match, or the match after, then at least you have more than one line and reading between them becomes possible.

Today, NP said he was left out for tactical reasons, and that he was not in the right place. We won. Therefore there's no argument to be made against NP, at least for now.

Archived