Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stockyfox

A win - it looks good, it feels good and it does you good!

Go on! Admit it. You're quite chuffed! A win is a win! Suddenly the world's a better place, you feel happier, there's a spring in your step and after all the pre-season negativity, there's a feeling of optimism.

Alright, it was the first match of the season but it was away - and at Middlesboro  - not many teams will come away with just one point, let alone three and - we came from behind! And that goal by Jamie Vardy -WOW!

Yes! there's a hell of a long way to go but at least, we are on our way.                                                 

We're still a work in progress using 5-3-2 but the signs are good. A few more wins and we'll get the positivity of January back because, right now, our 17 game slump is still fresh in the memory.

Let's not fook it up against Leeds.

We're still a work in progress using 5-3-2 but the signs are good. A few more wins and we'll get the positivity of January back because, right now, our 17 game slump is still fresh in the memory.

The Bolton and Forest wins, more so the latter, erased that. Then something else bad happened but to be honest, this thread is about positivity and I'm well behind that! Today was great. Great to have domestic football back after the summer. Great to see Drinkwater score. Great to see Vardy score with an excellent goal. Just great to win!

Really hope we follow it up next game and fans don't groan after 2 mins when someone misplaces a pass...

I think today was huge, I really expected a 5-6 game hangover from last season with no wins. Onwards and upwards.

I've thought for a while that there's a "good look and feel" about the way the side's shaping up.

It's still going to be tough to even make the play-offs this season , but I really think we are going in the right direction 

mackesons.jpg

for those old enough to remember  :whistle:

Good post,

As much as it not good to jump on them if we had lost, lets not get to carried away its one win.

But I must admit the slump is still in the memory, as it's the same manager/ players, and I don't hold much hope for the season, but I'm defiantly enjoying the moment, and am glad we seem to have a bit of character in the squad this season.

Like you say a good set of results around Christmas my faith will be restored, if we can be consistent in performance and results we should have a good season with the players we have.

Lets enjoy the nice feeling we have and back it up Tuesday, and beat dirty Leeds Sunday.

I'd rather we didn't **** up on Tuesday like we did against Burton before I think about Leeds.

Similar team please Nige

I'd rather we didn't **** up on Tuesday like we did against Burton before I think about Leeds.

Similar team please Nige

NP alluded it on post match that he will take Tuesday's game very seriously doesn't want another Burton/Huddersfield scenario.

What was really satisfying and pleasing about our overall performance yesterday, was the character we showed in the way we turned it round in the second half. It doesn't really matter how many times the opposition score, so long as we score one more than they do - like yesterday. Do that every match and we'll have 63 points by Christmas!

The future's bright

The future's blue and white!

our 17 game slump is still fresh in the memory.

Last 7 league games: Won 3, Drawn 3, Lost 1.

Those 7 teams were: Brighton (A), Palace (A), Watford (H), Bolton (H), Forest (A), Birmingham (H), Middlesborough (A).

Brighton last 7 results: Won 4, Drawn 2, Lost 1.

Boltons last 7 results: Won 3, Drawn 3, Lost 1.

Forests last 7 results: Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 3.

Watfords last 7 results: Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 3.

It feels so good after weeks and months of overly negative and one-sided posts, going after a male witch-hunt, calling for the manager's head, calling him names, etc.

Hopefully, the weeks to come will be even more of a revelation. Moore seemed to cope well as CB, despite my fears of his inexperience and young age.

I wish Whitbread a speedy recovery and maybe we'll see another player come in on loan and that'd do for me for now. 

Last 7 league games: Won 3, Drawn 3, Lost 1.

Those 7 teams were: Brighton (A), Palace (A), Watford (H), Bolton (H), Forest (A), Birmingham (H), Middlesborough (A).

Brighton last 7 results: Won 4, Drawn 2, Lost 1.

Boltons last 7 results: Won 3, Drawn 3, Lost 1.

Forests last 7 results: Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 3.

Watfords last 7 results: Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 3.

We did improve. I'm not saying we took our poor form right to the end of the season but that run was wretched. I don't know about you but when I'm watching the team, it's still in the back of my mind.

After a long period of negative thought on my part about how the season would go, yesterday's win has really encouraged and cheered me up and made me look forward to the next game even more. We can't just forget the 1st half though, where we were woeful.

Yes you can! Why would you want to 'remember' it? It's in the past. It's over and done with and whatever the reasons were, we put it right in the second half! So it's the '2nd half'' we must not forget! So, if there's another time when we have a problem, we remember what we did to put it right.

It feels so good after weeks and months of overly negative and one-sided posts, going after a male witch-hunt, calling for the manager's head, calling him names, etc.

Hopefully, the weeks to come will be even more of a revelation. Moore seemed to cope well as CB, despite my fears of his inexperience and young age.

I wish Whitbread a speedy recovery and maybe we'll see another player come in on loan and that'd do for me for now.

lol I think you made sure it wasn't one sided 😄

Judging by some of the posts being made through the game yesterday, it was a bloody good job we won. If we'd lost, this place would have been doom and gloom.

However, it's but one game. The positives are that we staged a fight and that Vardy's finish was sublime. Lets take them and see what the next couple of games bring.

I really do think this season is going to be a tough slog. There are some quality sides around. And Leeds won't be pushovers.

The key for me this season is watch and wait. I have no expectations so I'm willing to see what pans out.

Archived