Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tommyh

GET KNOCKAERT ON!

Definitely. Drinkwater is not a creative player, I've always said it. Worst of all, he's actually been playing deeper than King and James. The tactics in the first half were mind-numbingly brainless. I could see after 10 minutes it couldn't work.

Either that or bring Dyer on for a bit of pace and switch to 4-4-2.

Definitely. Drinkwater is not a creative player, I've always said it. Worst of all, he's actually been playing deeper than King and James. The tactics in the first half were mind-numbingly brainless. I could see after 10 minutes it couldn't work.

Either that or bring Dyer on for a bit of pace and switch to 4-4-2.

There are 3 players in midfield... Drinky has played the best of the 3, yet you only criticise him despite James & King being absolutely over-ran & contributed the sumtotal of fvck all.

Lets not forget there are 11 other players on the pitch & Leeds have nailed this game tactically so far.

The odd goal will win this, if at all... and that could go either way, probably off someone's arse

...... the lack of creativity we are showing is pure embarrasing. We are at home for christ sake, looks like we settled for a point before kick off. COME ON

Knocky wouldn't stand a chance with Leeds playing at this tempo... and this on form with tactics preventing us playing.

Much better coming on around the hour mark when they have a bit less energy.

There are 3 players in midfield... Drinky has played the best of the 3, yet you only criticise him despite James & King being absolutely over-ran & contributed the sumtotal of fvck all.

Lets not forget there are 11 other players on the pitch & Leeds have nailed this game tactically so far.

The odd goal will win this, if at all... and that could go either way, probably off someone's arse

Knocky wouldn't stand a chance with Leeds playing at this tempo... and this on form with tactics preventing us playing.

Much better coming on around the hour mark when they have a bit less energy.

YET all game you slaged whitbread off, don't forget there are 10 other players on the pitch.

YET all game you slaged whitbread off, don't forget there are 10 other players on the pitch.

He was a liability at the back giving away fouls, poor starting positions meaning he has to push through a player or lunge in. even in his improved second half he could have given away a penno & got himself sent off with a second yellow.

On the occasions he has the ball under his control he hoofs it forwards with his 50p foot meaning we have no chance to get an attack going like we could if he passed it out like Moore, Morgan etc

So to sum up:

Defensively - A liability.

Offensively - Disastrous for the team.

Until the new system has settled in Pearson's not going to risk having an adventurous midfield, hence Knocky not playing from the off. When he came on we created more opportunities than in the rest of the match. With experience he will develope into a top player.

Until the new system has settled in Pearson's not going to risk having an adventurous midfield, hence Knocky not playing from the off. When he came on we created more opportunities than in the rest of the match. With experience he will develope into a top player.

Anyone who doesn't think Knockaert should be the third of our central midfielders if we're sticking with this formation is so completely blind they don't deserve an opinion.

Yes, he might have lost the ball once or twice but that's what happens when you take a few risks and try to be inventive. That's what having three central defenders and two holding midfielders sat behind him is for. We started the game today with five defenders and three defensive midfielders and if anyone is surprised we didn't score then, sorry, you're touched in the head.

The jury's still out on this system but if we're going to play it we need a bit of creativity in the middle to compensate for the lack of width we're going to put on the game. Knockaert came on today and immediately changed the game, made space, pulled defenders about, played through balls, played one-twos, upped the tempo.

King, James and Drinkwater are all decent players, I like them all, I'm not "slagging them off" but none of them are creators. We need to be playing two of the three with Knocky in front or we need to just go back to playing wingers. End of.

Oh and while I'm whinging, Paul Konchesky is a half decent full back but he is NOT a wing back. Play Schlupp, play Dyer, play the new boy or - if we don't have faith in any of those to defend - sod it and just play a flat back four.

Anyone who doesn't think Knockaert should be the third of our central midfielders if we're sticking with this formation is so completely blind they don't deserve an opinion.

That last comment's a massive exaggeration, how about the following scenario: We're playing a tough game away from home with little time on the ball, I'd drop Knockaert. Perhaps you still disagree with me but is it really so ridiculous to suggest Knockaert should be left out in that kind of game? Am I totally blind and idiotic for thinking we should stick with King-James-Danny in tougher games?

I agree with you mostly though, we should play a creative player in CM usually. Marshall might be capable of being that player as well.

That last comment's a massive exaggeration, how about the following scenario: We're playing a tough game away from home with little time on the ball, I'd drop Knockaert. Perhaps you still disagree with me but is it really so ridiculous to suggest Knockaert should be left out in that kind of game? Am I totally blind and idiotic for thinking we should stick with King-James-Danny in tougher games?

I agree with you mostly though, we should play a creative player in CM usually. Marshall might be capable of being that player as well.

I'm obviously using a considerable amount of hyperbole for the sakes of emphasizing my point.

There are obviously situations in which it may not be tactically optimal to play Knockaert. An away game against Wigan or QPR if a draw will suffice, sure.

First home game of the season against an average midtable side we could comfortably stick a few by? Behave, Knockaert should have started.

I'm obviously using a considerable amount of hyperbole for the sakes of emphasizing my point.

There are obviously situations in which it may not be tactically optimal to play Knockaert. An away game against Wigan or QPR if a draw will suffice, sure.

First home game of the season against an average midtable side we could comfortably stick a few by? Behave, Knockaert should have started.

Yes I did actually agree with you there. In all our home games we should have Knockaert or Marshall (on form Marshall that is) in CM, unless we let King go on a rampage or something but I don't think that's likely.

Sorry so we can expect more of the same mind numbingly boring, soul destroying football we saw today for a little while yet then.!!, well at least till the system beds in.

Knockeart didn't do the best today but he was a breath of fresh air compared to the rest of the attacking side of our team, and your are right he will become a top player with time and the right people around him to progress him.

Archived