Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

U21s / Development Squad 2013-14 Put it in here.

2-1 win. Both goals from Schlupp. Scrambled winner from 4 yards but you take them! A game of two halves really. We dominated the first half, they dominated the second.

Jack McCourt the top man for me tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Drew 1-1 with spurs 

spurs OS

Kenny’s thumping close-range effort following Harry Kane’s set-up saw us draw level after Joe Dodoo had given the visitors the lead from the penalty spot on 16 minutes.

We enjoyed the lion’s share of possession in the second period, but were unable to find a winner.

Sean St Ledger, Jeff Schlupp, Conrad Logan and Zoumana Bakayogo all saw action on Monday afternoon as Leicester City’s Under-21s earned an impressive point away at Tottenham Hotspur.

A determined and assured performance saw the Foxes stick to their task well against a fancied Spurs side that included England U21 international and former City loanee Harry Kane.

Joe Dodoo opened the scoring early in the first half after Schlupp was bundled over by Dominic Ball inside the area and was able to fire home from 12 yards.

Kane then set up Kenny McEvoy for the leveller shortly before the half hour, but despite chances for both sides, including a Schlupp effort that rattled the post late on, the game ended all-square.

The win moves City onto eight points in the Barclays U21 Premier League and builds on their 2-1 win at King Power Stadium over Stoke City prior to the international break.

Assistant Development Squad manager Nicky Eaden told LCFC.com afterwards: “We showed a lot of hard work as usual and a lot of discipline in sticking to the task. As you’d expect Spurs kept the ball really well, but we didn’t get impatient and lose our discipline. The lads stuck to the task for the full 90 minutes.

“There were quite a few good performances and I suppose it could have gone either way, but we could quite easily have won it.

“They do seem to be growing as a group, and the manager has been good to us on the odd occasion by dropping first team lads in, like today we’ve had Ledge (Sean St Ledger), Conrad, Jeff, and Zoumana.

“When you’ve got somebody like Sean St Ledger at the back he gives you calmness, leadership and experience.

“It was a really well taken penalty for our first goal. Jeff has won it when a flick on from Tom Hopper let him in behind and he got brought down. Joe stuck it away really well.

“We tweaked the shape a little bit to nullify Kane, but Spurs kept us under sustained pressure. Conrad has pulled a couple of good saves off but we went back to a 4-4-2 so we could relieve that pressure and it worked.

“At times Jeff Schlupp was unplayable. If you can get the ball to him and he’s one-on-one or even one-on-two, you’d fancy him. He’s got that ability to drift and power past players. He possibly could have had another penalty in the second half and then rattled the post late on.”

Spurs:Archer, Fredericks, Fryers, Veljkovic, Ball, Stewart, McEvoy, Bentaleb, Lancaster, Kane, Coulthirst.

Subs:Lameiras, Michael-Percil, Ward, McQueen

Goal:McEvoy 27

City:Logan, Sesay, Bakayogo, Watson, St Ledger, Taft, Panayiotou, Cain, Hopper, Schlupp, Dodoo

Subs:Pearson, Sharpe, Elder, Paratore, Dawson

Goal:Dodoo pen 16

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/211013-u21s-report-spurs-1-city-1-1126909.aspx?#lvegS1QV2C3TwJcd.99

That's a decent result for us, as said above we seem to be getting to grips with the step up in class we're now facing. It's good to hear Schlupp is doing the business as he really needs to push on this season for me. He's looked fairly dis-interested when he's played this season up front which baffles me as that's where he see's himself i'm sure. We need 4 strikers to call upon so it's good he's performing.

That's a decent result for us, as said above we seem to be getting to grips with the step up in class we're now facing. It's good to hear Schlupp is doing the business as he really needs to push on this season for me. He's looked fairly dis-interested when he's played this season up front which baffles me as that's where he see's himself i'm sure. We need 4 strikers to call upon so it's good he's performing.

It's good to see Schlupp preforming well, especially in the development squad as I find find this quite reasurring and helps to dismiss any concerns about him having his head turned by the Man U thing or a full contract. I do feel that it maybe best to let him settle into one role and see how that works out as it can not be a easy him to be continually be changing position.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been to U21 v Blackburn City won 1-0 Blyth scored in second half.Stand out for city Ryan Watson and Adam Dawson.The CB we signed from Man City Kieran Kennedy looked quality as well. 

Team

Logan

Sesay

St Ledger

Kennedy

Bakayogo

Watson

Dawson

Cain

DoDoo

Blyth

Panayiotou

There was a Simonas Stankevicius who was subbed on close to the end. I presume from the name that's him. Looked O.K. but by then we were getting into the corner flag and killing time for the win so he didn't really have the sort of run out that would let you see his ability. I was very impressed with Dawson. Good feet and he knows how to cross a ball!  

Both times I haven't been they've won lol Glad to hear they've done it again though. Is there a promotion/relegation system in this?

The league is splitting in to 2 as of next season so we need to be in the top 11 to be in the best one.

There was a Simonas Stankevicius who was subbed on close to the end. I presume from the name that's him. Looked O.K. but by then we were getting into the corner flag and killing time for the win so he didn't really have the sort of run out that would let you see his ability. I was very impressed with Dawson. Good feet and he knows how to cross a ball!  

That's the lad, think he's only just turned 17 and has been playing for Lithiuania Under 21's, scored a hat-trick for them earlier this year.

Dawson's is an interesting story. Was highly thought of as a youngster at Anfield, but was a bit of a wild character and went off the rails. Has had chances at various clubs at various levels since, without ever truly breaking through. Seems to suffer from a conflict of good talent / poor attitude. At 20 you'd guess he's running short of chances. If NP & co can get him right he could prove to be a bit of a gem.

Interesting that. You could see from his attitude on the pitch that he was, shall we say, 'a strong minded individual'. He's got some nice touches and I think could make it if he can get his act together. 

Well. If he is 'on it' then we probably can see big things from him if the other night is anything to go by.

Is he a right winger? we don't normally hand out 5 year contracts to shit players these days so he must have something about him.

Looks very like him. They played him on the right wing but he did come inside more in the second half. It'll be very interesting to see how he develops! He beat his full back several times just with ball skills, not just with pace and put some nice crosses in. I'd no idea we give 5 year contracts to lads in the development squad! Would be interested to know how common that is as it would point to how the management team see him.

Archived