Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

U21s / Development Squad 2013-14 Put it in here.

Leicester City’s Under-21s are all set to lock horns with Liverpool at King Power Stadium on Monday night in the latest exciting Barclays U21 Premier League fixture to be held on Filbert Way.

Tickets are now on sale and Foxes Fans can attend all six remaining games in the 2013/14 Future Foxes series from just £10 by taking up our mini-season ticket offer ahead of Monday’s big match against the Reds.

Steve Beaglehole’s U21s get the action underway at 7pm on Monday 2 September, and with the young Foxes already making an impressive start to life in the league, they will be eager to prove they can compete with the likes of Liverpool in front of their own supporters.

Almost 1,200 fans were treated to a five-goal thriller in the opening Future Foxes fixture against Sunderland last time out, and with another six to come against teams such as Manchester United and Manchester City, there are plenty of reasons to take advantage of our fantastic offer.

Development Squad boss Beaglehole was delighted with the turnout for Sunderland game and sees the Future Foxes fixtures as the perfect opportunity for supporters to get a bit closer to the Club's future stars.

He told LCFC.com: "I think it’s great if people can come and recognise some of these young players and bond with them. Then when they see a player come through and play in the first team at King Power Stadium they can say ‘I remember him making his debut for the Under-21s against Liverpool’. These are things that can bond the supporter with the player and I think it’s great.

"The first game we had here there was five goals, it was end-to-end and it certainly wasn’t like a pre-season friendly. 

"The results matter to these lads and on Monday night it’ll matter. Liverpool will come down here wanting to win, and we will be exactly the same. It’s a really good standard of football in a fantastic stadium as well."

U21s Fixtures @ King Power Stadium (subject to change)

Mon 2 Sept – Liverpool – 7pm KO

Mon 7 Oct – Stoke City – 7pm KO

Mon 4 Nov – Blackburn Rovers – 7pm KO

Mon 13 Jan – Bolton Wanderers – 7pm KO

Mon 3 Feb – Manchester United – 7pm KO

Mon 3 Mar – Manchester City – 7pm KO

Tickets for the fixtures are priced as follows (please note STHs/Members will have credits loaded onto their Season Cards/Membership Cards):

ALL SIX FIXTURES

Season Ticket Holders

Adults – £10

Under 18s/Seniors – FREE

Non-Season Ticket Holders

Adults – £15

Under 18s/Seniors – £5

INDIVIDUAL MATCH TICKETS

Members/Season Ticket Holders

Adults – £2

Under 18s/Seniors – FREE

Non-Season Ticket Holders

Adults - £3

U18s/Seniors: £1

On-site car parking will be FREE to Season Ticket Holders on production of a Season Ticket Card and £3 for non-Season Ticket Holders (subject to availability).

If you run a community group that would be interested in taking part in pre-match entertainment, contact [email protected].

Supporters are advised to buy online where possible and arrive early to avoid queues.

Buying your tickets for the Future Foxes games is easy…

Online: 

Buy your tickets 24-hours-a-day from www.lcfcdirect.com.

In person from the City Fanstore:

The City Fanstore at King Power Stadium will be open 9am-5pm Monday to Saturday.

On Matchdays, the City Fanstore is open from 9am until kick-off and then for 45 minutes after the final whistle.  

Call the City Sales Centre:

Call 0844 815 5000 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.

Email the City Sales Centre:

Email [email protected] with your ticketing requirements and one of the sales team will call you back.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/280813-see-city-u21s-host-liverpool-1019544.aspx#GWV0hPOIPMzQcBHO.99 

A better outing than the Sunderland game in my opinion.

Sesay looked very capable at the back and stood out for me.

Smiljanic did OK on the left for the first 45 and even Knockaert curbed his temptation to go around the whole opposition on his own..... mostly!

As for Liverpool they pass the ball in neat pretty patterns at times but seemed to have far less in the final 3rd than a club of their stature should.

Another cheap enjoyable evening out.

Every time I watch Panayiouto i'm impressed, I hope we either loan him out to a League One/Two side or give him a chance if we can ourselves as he looks comfortable out wide.

I'm opposite, not overly impressed needs to bulk up and work on his decision making! Cain shows flashes but is in and out of games, Hopper shows a lot of promis as does Sesay.

Every time I watch Panayiouto i'm impressed, I hope we either loan him out to a League One/Two side or give him a chance if we can ourselves as he looks comfortable out wide.

Amazing how we see things different, I thought he looked out of his depth at that level and he reminded me of an even worse version of Danns. I know he assisted the goal but if you cant pick out a man in 10 yards of space from 15 yards away you shouldn't be playing the sport at any level.

Plus side I thought Hopper, Sesay and Cain all looked pretty talented.

I really do not know what further evidence people need to prove Conrad Logan is rather wank.

There is a reason why he sits on a bench, he earns pretty good money for being an understudy for something he actually isn't very good at.

Amazing how we see things different, I thought he looked out of his depth at that level and he reminded me of an even worse version of Danns. I know he assisted the goal but if you cant pick out a man in 10 yards of space from 15 yards away you shouldn't be playing the sport at any level.

Plus side I thought Hopper, Sesay and Cain all looked pretty talented.

He was probably the only player to come out of the game vs Chelsea with any credibility. Hopper was alright but missed 2 or 3 absolute sitters that had all been put on a plate by Panayiotou. Probably not ready for the first team though.

Panayiotou was awful but his assist was a cracking bit of play, intelligent run and a very decent end product.

Hopper won a fair bit in the air but no surprise when it's lumped up to you all game. The amount of hoofball was embarrassing.

Sesay was very good, Cain looked decent in patches, unimpressed by that Smijlanic.

Their number 11 Teixeira looked the best player on the park. Quality.

There is a reason why he sits on a bench, he earns pretty good money for being an understudy for something he actually isn't very good at.

We should have a better reserve keeper than him.

And he shouldn't ever be starting first team games...ever. Even in the league cup.

Archived