Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

U21s / Development Squad 2013-14 Put it in here.

Think we've Man Utd in the next round so it could be an early exit for us, but if we do 'em then what a boost that would be.

I see the under 21's match against Arsenal was postponed on monday after they'd travelled down there. We played Crewe in a friendly yesterday and lost 3-2 after being 2-0 down we got back to 2-2 but conceded a last minute winner.

Adam Dawson scored again, it would be great if he could finally realise his potential. It's not as if we're blessed with right wingers is it?

Adam Dawson scored again, it would be great if he could finally realise his potential. It's not as if we're blessed with right wingers is it?

This is what I dont really understand about the club. He's the same age as some first team players and he's been playing really well. Who and when do they decide someone is ready?

I'm sure when and if they're ready they'll get moved up. We've had a lot of youth team players who have been awesome for the youth team and their careers have simply come to nothing. Let them continue to develop for now.

The club have high hopes for Cain though.

This is what I dont really understand about the club. He's the same age as some first team players and he's been playing really well. Who and when do they decide someone is ready?

Just convinced they have their favourites and to hoot with the rest sometimes. Really would love to see Dawson and Cain given some sort of run out, then if not a loan deal somewhere

Is Dawson really as good as people on here say he is? He might even be the answer if he is.

To be fair, Dawson has not long been with us so even with him making great strides i'm not convinced he'd be risked in the first team just yet. I can see him being involved towards the back end of the season though if he continues this.

Inigo Idiakez names as LCFC Under 16's coach.

5643968-large.jpg

Inigo Idiakez during his Derby County days.

Comments (0)

INIGO Idiakez has become Leicester City’s Under-16s coach, according to the former Derby County star.

The Spaniard tweeted “I'm delighted to confirm that I have joined Leicester City FC as U16s coach”.

Idiakez shone for the Rams during a two-year-spell between 2004-06, scoring 20 goals in 88 appearances, as George Burley’s side reached the play-offs in 2004-05.

He quickly became a fan favourite, winning player of the season in his debut year and was known for his dangerous set pieces that bamboozled opposing teams.

The then 33-year-old moved on with Burley to Southampton for £275,000, memorably meeting the Rams during the 2006-07 play-off semi-finals in which he missed a vital penalty.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-star-Inigo-Idiakez-reveals-Leicester/story-20344708-detail/story.html#ixzz2nwCWSakO

• 2 weeks later...

We lost 2-1 to Newcastle last night. Played at The Northumberland FA ground in Benton, the pitch cut up heavily, but both teams dealt with it okay.

Two goals by Adam Armstrong were enough to put daylight between the two teams before we pulled one back with around just 7 minutes to go.

It was a close game, with the recognisable face being Newcastles Gutieirrez, who was well shepparded all match by a more than comfortable James Pearson.

We struggled in the final quarter, and this was probably the difference between the two sides.

Newcastle a goals were well worked that gave our keeper no chance.

With around 2 minutes remaining we nearly pulled it level when our keeper went up for a corner, his header just going wide.

Not much between the two sides, just our lack of creativity in the final third of the pitch being the difference.

Interesting to see Guti there, a very cold and windy night, horrendous pitch, he must have wondered why his agent had put a clause in his contract that gave him a new super deal after 200 games, which has effectively banished him to the reserves.

Crowd 300+ - away support around 6.

Good game going on behind the goal between the local 8 year olds and a guest away supporter.

Great and memorable evening despite the result

I think Dawson has played at senior level for a lower league team. Looks fairly good, mind. I still maintain the best player in our development squad is Michael Cain.

From what I've seen I agree.

He'll have a tough time forcing his way into this side though with Drinks, King and James.

Archived