Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky

Average age of team versus Derby

I know, seems like he's been around forever. Hope we can keep him as long as possible, could well be a one-club man.

Hopefully so. Can be hit and miss but has been a very important player for us over the years and can become even better if he can dictate play a bit more.

Potential is pointless at this level.

If they turn out to be good, they'll be poached before they reach their full capabilities.

If they turn out not to be so good we'll be stuck in the Championship or worse.

I'd rather have a good team than a young team.

I agree excellent for the future, but I think these players (or some of) are excellent now. Wood, for example, is still only 21 yet has the ability to score 15+ goals at this level.

He certainly does, he got 20+ last season, so once he starts finding that form again we will be on fire...

If they turn out to be good, they'll be poached before they reach their full capabilities.

I'm loving the hypocrisy of this post. So you want a good team, but not one that's good enough to be poached? 

I'm loving the hypocrisy of this post. So you want a good team, but not one that's good enough to be poached?

How is it hypocritical?!

I would like a good team. I don't care if its experienced or not. If its inexperienced there is more chance of the players being poached.

Look at Palace. Last year their two best players were Jedinak and Zaha. Zaha has just moved to United and Jedinak is there for another season.

Dont get me wrong - i want to see an exciting team and some of the most exciting players to watch are young. But having a young team is not necessarily a good thing.

I think I get you here, its really irrelevant the age thing. If we make to the prem there will be a massive influx of new blood, if we fail then they ain't good enough anyway. Kings a prime example of this for me, would disappear in the prem.

i like the youthness about this squad nigel seems to know who to pick regards level they are at and the level he can bring them to regards class and also the priority for top the resalability lol 

yes hes made a few mistake  both ways  should never have let gradel go and the questions about vardy and wood are still to be answered 

be interesting to see what that squad cost to assemble and the possible returns if each player was sold 

Archived