Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

2000-2009

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was listening to Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros earlier. Must go back and listen to the 3 albums.

Glass half-empty: Shame that Strummer died so soon after forming a great new band, after so many years in the wilderness.

Glass half-full: Great that he managed that comeback, doing good new stuff after such a long absence.

"Silver and Gold", last song on their last album, is so poignant - gives the impression that he sensed that his days were numbered. 

• Like 1

On 01/09/2013 at 23:15, lavrentis said:

Still got this single.

Not even mine either, back when I was like 10 me and a mate played it on a home based radio station, we had this kit and if we followed instructions it could be made into various things. The radio was the best though and worked to about 10 metres. Still good though

The chuffin' Bedders!!!!  What in shitting crikey happened to him?  X

I find the late 00s particularly depressing as they kind of represent the point at which I got old.  I still cite the Arctic Monkeys as the exact moment I realised I was out of touch and new music was not for me anymore as I just didn't "get it".  Never thought they were crap but just couldn't see what all the fuss was about.  For me 2006, at the grand old age of 25, I was no longer vital and new music "all started to sound the same".  I just hid, comfortably in my collection of 60s soul, Phil Spector, Scott Walker, Joy Division and Dexys CDs.  However, I must admit that The Strokes and Arcade Fire are still two of my favourites so I would have to go with....

and.....

Post 2006 I was basically dead to the world of new music.  X

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...