Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blueblood88

Charlton (A) pre match shenanigans

Not that it means anything but the Charlton fans aren't looking forward to Saturday. Not a lot of confidence in their own team due to the poor start.

They had a great end to last season - I think 10 games unbeaten - and their lot was expecting to be contenders for play offs come next spring. Far too early to write anyone off, of course, but some of them already have. Just goes to show we're not the only ones with negative fans at times. 

Don't know the ins and the outs but apparently they've got a fair bit of turmoil off the pitch (something about players being worried about their contracts). Now that, unlike fan unrest, might actually mean something and affect performances.

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/56745/just-how-serious-is-this

Charlton did a good job on us at our place in February, and down at the Valley we should have buried them but for some inept first half marking and profligate second half finishing. Thus we need to outsmart them for a change. I do like the fact that they won't be sure if we'll turn up and play 442 or 433. A game we are more than capable of winning, but of course the normal caveats of being a Leicester supporter apply.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan ©

Moore

Konchesky

King

Knockaert

James

Nugent

Wood

Vardy

Subs: Logan, Whitbread, Bakayogo, Drinkwater, Dyer, Schlupp, Waghorn.

Confidence must be sky high now. All of our strikers are off the mark, Chris Wood will go on

a decent scoring run now I think.

0-2 our lot, King and Wood scorers.

Good line up.

GK: Kasper

RB: Moore

CB: Morgan (if available)

CB: Whitbread

LB: Bakayogo!

RW: Dyer

CM: King

CM: James

LW: Schlupp

CF: Vardy

CF: Nugent

Bench: Logan, De Laet, Miguel, Drinkwater, Knockaert, Wood & Hopper.

Thoughts?

Dropping De Laet would be a mental choice

Love how unpredictable we are this season! We watch the team week in week out and we still have no idea what team/formation NP will play, we must be giving other managers a fair headache on how to set up to play us and the style of football to attack us. Keep it up nige!

Hard to predict the side. 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2?? Wood, Nugent, Vardy all to start? Will Morgan be back? Will knocky start? I like the mystery.... 

I'd go for

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Whitbread

Schlupp

James

King

Knocky

Vardy

Nuge (Wood if Nuge unavailable)

According to my Charlton mate, I don't think they won a 3 o'clock home game on Saturday last year. Not sure about this season. Fancy us to win it.

Wrong, we beat Blackpool, Bolton, Leeds, Wolves and Bristol City at home on a Saturday since the start of the year ;)

From August til January we didn't win a single one at home on a Saturday

Archived