Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Intelligence

Our fans moan when we try and pass it around because we always go 'sideways' and scream for us to put it in the box, then come on here and moan that we were putting it in the box all game. The patient passing game would have worked has we not conceded and they have something to defend. We looked the better team for most of the first half and dominated the second just without any end product.

We've done well so far this season coming back from 1-0 down but perhaps they didn't park the bus as Donny did yesterday. Maybe something to work on but when you look at it from a general perspective we lost to a mistake from the goalkeeper and are third, having only lost two. We'll have to see how we do against Huddetsfield to see where we really are currently.

But you have not got the bottle to do it yourself lol lol and the you would have sat there and called him a moron for doing it :(

Why are people saying sitting in the stands helps to see the game.

Balls being hit high into the box and cleared every time can be seen from everywhere.

Should not Nuge and Vardy have said we ain't winning them so play it to feet.

Also NFP should have put a stop to it via whoever was on the touch line.

Or even the captain on the pitch.

But you wanted someone to invade the pitch and slur our good name HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Twattish no just a childish post to start with.

My god how stupid can you be?

Ever heard of being colourful, exaggerating, etc?

Obviously not.

It's like, me calling you stupid would be fair and exactly what I mean. Me saying you need a lobotomy would be being colourful to make a point.

Our fans moan when we try and pass it around because we always go 'sideways' and scream for us to put it in the box, then come on here and moan that we were putting it in the box all game. The patient passing game would have worked has we not conceded and they have something to defend. We looked the better team for most of the first half and dominated the second just without any end product.

Bang on.

First half we played how I want us to play. We may have been pumping a load of balls forward 2nd half but got nowhere with it. It was clear it was never going to work in that match, and it doesn't suit us generally anyway.

Why we changed things I don't know.

Well said.

After watching yesterday's game I had to really question the intelligence of footballers. Now, I know they are not particularly know for being members of Mensa but are ours something else? I ask this for one reason, Doncaster had a 6'7" player in their defence and we kept trying to cross it or do te long throw. Jones got it every time, why did we keep doing it??

On a different note, we were not great yesterday but Was looked an absolute beast of a boss. That man will scare forwards!

Doncaster did a good job of shutting down the short options for about 10 minutes and we seemed to lack ideas and when that happens most teams will go long, only thing is once we start going long we never stop we do it again and again and again and it never ever works so I struggle to see why we do it, we seem to be under the false impression that because Kasper can kick it 4/5 of the pitch it's a weapon despite the fact that Nugent Schlupp or Vardy we never going to win anything. It's a frustrating watch when we start doing this, it rarely gets us anywhere. As I've said previously though fair play to Donny it was a very good defensive display.

The second half was just embarrassing. I wanted one of our fans to run on the pitch, shake one of our players (or the manager) by the shoulders and say 'stop fvcking hoofing it you brain dead morons'.

What on earth goes through their heads during a match?

Can't see what's wrong with that, I agree.

Interesting article in the "I" newspaper this morning about the fresh approaches to coaching at St George's Park and in particular the emphasis on ensuring  that young players begin thinking for themselves on the field and making their own decisions.  The FA have belatedly recognised the general lack of footballing intelligence that's endemic in the English game.

Interesting article in the "I" newspaper this morning about the fresh approaches to coaching at St George's Park and in particular the emphasis on ensuring  that young players begin thinking for themselves on the field and making their own decisions.  The FA have belatedly recognised the general lack of footballing intelligence that's endemic in the English game.

Don't think a 'team' of footballers is any different from any other team or group working to achieve something, so that's good to hear. Strong leaders encourage everyone to think. In a team of 11, if 11 think and suggest, then you have 11 ideas to select from and probably get a better solution. In some teams, leaders can't handle that. They like everyone to do it one way - theirs ! Eleven people on the team and only one person doing any thinking ... defies logic, doesn't it ? Had this conversation with a former head of coaching at FA. His take was that whilst many agree in theory, it will never happen in practice due to the short-term and precarious nature of a the job. Six bad results, you're gone from your position .... so why risk it ? Just tell them what to do and don't pick them if they don't do it.

Good to hear but I'll only give them any real praise when we see evidence of it on the pitch.

The FA need to encourage kids to enjoy the game. Don't emphasise on winning at that kind of age - just have a kick-around, play as attacking as you can (as I believe it'll improve both attacking and defensive sides to the game) and don't restrict players from trying things.

I also think our strikers don't create enough chances for each other! They have some good link up play at times but don't create an awful lot in front of goal for each other. Ings and Vokes at Burnley seem to setting each other up for fun at the moment.

I don't think their styles compliment each other, in fact I don't think any we have do. Good individually but all need a strong intelligent Target man, ala Les Ferdinand, heskey, deane. Hoping Taylor fletcher could be the answer

Doncaster did a good job of shutting down the short options for about 10 minutes and we seemed to lack ideas and when that happens most teams will go long, only thing is once we start going long we never stop we do it again and again and again and it never ever works so I struggle to see why we do it, we seem to be under the false impression that because Kasper can kick it 4/5 of the pitch it's a weapon despite the fact that Nugent Schlupp or Vardy we never going to win anything. It's a frustrating watch when we start doing this, it rarely gets us anywhere. As I've said previously though fair play to Donny it was a very good defensive display.

Exactly.  We tried to play through them but couldn't and like most teams at this level, or from this country, we resorted to the desperate approach.  I'm surprised how little people on this board give Doncaster credit for having a game plan and executing it extremely well. To say that we are terrible and lack imagination or leadership is ridiculous when playing the same way has got us third so far.  I'm stretching it a little but look at when Inter beat Barca in the Champions League under Mourinho.  They did the same thing and even Barca got desperate.  Now, we have lesser players (obviously, so I'm not going to debate that point) but they were playing against their peers who made it difficult for them.  Our luck had to run out sometime and that was the game.  As Pearson said in the interview, we have the break to look at it and options and the team could perhaps do with freshening up and the rest might do them some good.  

Keep the Faith.

I don't think their styles compliment each other, in fact I don't think any we have do. Good individually but all need a strong intelligent Target man, ala Les Ferdinand, heskey, deane. Hoping Taylor fletcher could be the answer

If Taylor Fletcher is the answer I would hate to know what the question was.

On another note in the first 65/70 mins whenever the ball was played into either strikers feet the ball bounced off as it they were made of concrete. Poor performance all round, write it off.

That's just not true though, is it? We were awful yes, but the long balls didn't start becoming a regular thing until later into the second half. We didn't do it at all in the first half.

FVCKING HELL......

Are you watching a different game?? WE HOOFED IT AND PUT BRAIN DEAD CROSSES IN FROM THE FIRST MINUTE!!!!

Archived