Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Intelligence

After watching yesterday's game I had to really question the intelligence of footballers. Now, I know they are not particularly know for being members of Mensa but are ours something else? I ask this for one reason, Doncaster had a 6'7" player in their defence and we kept trying to cross it or do te long throw. Jones got it every time, why did we keep doing it??

On a different note, we were not great yesterday but Was looked an absolute beast of a boss. That man will scare forwards!

It was quite funny walking around after the game, I must've overheard similar comments from 5 or 6 conversations.  I appreciate as fans we have the benefit of looking down on the play, but you do have to wonder sometimes.  We could still be lumping balls up there now and he'd be winning every header.

Wasilewski looks a bit of an animal, attacking the ball on our attacking set pieces like we've missed for some time.  Watching him warm up before the game and at half time as well he's clearly a very skilful player.

I've been saying this sll season as most who sit around me at the back of J3 will know, our players are as thick as they come.

All of them were bottom of their class, no doubt about it!

Nugent, Schlupp, DeLaet, Vardy and Dyer are the worst.

Slow footballing brains to say the least.

It was quite funny walking around after the game, I must've overheard similar comments from 5 or 6 conversations.  I appreciate as fans we have the benefit of looking down on the play, but you do have to wonder sometimes.  We could still be lumping balls up there now and he'd be winning every header.

Wasilewski looks a bit of an animal, attacking the ball on our attacking set pieces like we've missed for some time.  Watching him warm up before the game and at half time as well he's clearly a very skilful player.

I was very impressed with him.

I'd defo drop De Laet for him and move Moore over to RB for the next game.

The most frustrating this was watching us keep launching it into the air, and Doncaster's defence keep dealing with it. We could still be playing now and not have found a way through. The thing is, if we had a target man then it might have worked, but Nugent and Vardy were never going to win anything in the air.

If we would have played the ball to feet, then I have no doubt we would have had more chances because Doncaster's defenders weren't technically gifted, and our forwards would have beaten them. But first of all the management have to instruct players to play it to feet, surely. Then I'm looking for our players, especially midfielders, to use their brains better and not keep knocking it into the air.

But then again, I guess that's why they play in the second tier and not the top flight. 

Pearson also had the benefit of looking down on play. Nevermind all the cutting edge technology at his disposal.

Why didn't we change out approach?

Inept. 

Too interested in the Satsumas. 

Reality is we started playing long balls because we'd been trying for 75mins to play the ball around and break them down. It just wasn't happening for us.

Agreed!

The 1-0 gave them something to sit on and we just couldnt get through. Every time Knocky had the ball, he just got crowded out so needed to put their defenders under pressure..... It didnt work so we move on.

The second half was just embarrassing. I wanted one of our fans to run on the pitch, shake one of our players (or the manager) by the shoulders and say 'stop fvcking hoofing it you brain dead morons'.

What on earth goes through their heads during a match?

The second half was just embarrassing. I wanted one of our fans to run on the pitch, shake one of our players (or the manager) by the shoulders and say 'stop fvcking hoofing it you brain dead morons'.

What a twattish post

This is what you get when you have a management team that stifles creative thought and play in favour of a massive work ethic and a discipline that requires you to 'play to instructions'.

We were hitting high balls into the box pretty much from the off, it only became more obvious later on as we pressed harder. Saturdays performance was not that different from many others this season, if you play that style of football sometimes the chances simply do not fall for you and that's it.

Sure it did not help that we put the ball in the air a lot, but we do that anyway, the turning point was the goal, not Schmeichels error so much as the fact that it allowed Doncaster to go into defensive mode and their energy and persistence was a match for anything we could throw at them.

To be honest we looked a bit tired and stale, a couple of weeks ago we might well have come back and won that but our hard working style will do that, particularly if we are reluctant to make changes and 'freshen' things up.

This is what you get when you have a management team that stifles creative thought and play in favour of a massive work ethic and a discipline that requires you to 'play to instructions'.

We were hitting high balls into the box pretty much from the off, it only became more obvious later on as we pressed harder. Saturdays performance was not that different from many others this season, if you play that style of football sometimes the chances simply do not fall for you and that's it.

Sure it did not help that we put the ball in the air a lot, but we do that anyway, the turning point was the goal, not Schmeichels error so much as the fact that it allowed Doncaster to go into defensive mode and their energy and persistence was a match for anything we could throw at them.

To be honest we looked a bit tired and stale, a couple of weeks ago we might well have come back and won that but our hard working style will do that, particularly if we are reluctant to make changes and 'freshen' things up.

That's just not true though, is it? We were awful yes, but the long balls didn't start becoming a regular thing until later into the second half. We didn't do it at all in the first half.

So why didn't you do it instead?

That's just not true though, is it? We were awful yes, but the long balls didn't start becoming a regular thing until later into the second half. We didn't do it at all in the first half.

I thought it was.

OK the long high balls were mostly second half but even early on a lot of our balls into the box were chipped rather than played on the floor into feet. 

The Doncaster defence was solid and put pressure on our midfield, they did not have the composure to play the ball on the floor so they either went backwards, tried to force it into the box and when that didn't work they just chipped it forward in hope.

They did it so regularly and so often it must have been some sort of a plan, though why is beyond me.

The players might be thick but they do what they are told, so blame the boss.

Wasi is by far the best player we have, reminds me of Kamark, far to good for Leicester, he must start next game and can replace anyone.

I also think our strikers don't create enough chances for each other!  They have some good link up play at times but don't create an awful lot in front of goal for each other.  Ings and Vokes at Burnley seem to setting each other up for fun at the moment.

But you have not got the bottle to do it yourself lol lol and the you would have sat there and called him a moron for doing it :(

Why are people saying sitting in the stands helps to see the game.

Balls being hit high into the box and cleared every time can be seen from everywhere.

Should not Nuge and Vardy have said we ain't winning them so play it to feet.

Also NFP should have put a stop to it via whoever was on the touch line.

Or even the captain on the pitch.

After watching yesterday's game I had to really question the intelligence of footballers. Now, I know they are not particularly know for being members of Mensa but are ours something else? I ask this for one reason, Doncaster had a 6'7" player in their defence and we kept trying to cross it or do te long throw. Jones got it every time, why did we keep doing it??

On a different note, we were not great yesterday but Was looked an absolute beast of a boss. That man will scare forwards!

Kermo beat Jones in the air of several occasions when Gally scored his hat-trick against Scunny a few seasons back. The guy next to him on Saturday was also of a similar stature  - Khalumo (sp ??) think he's on loan from Tottenham ? One would hope that the Donny team selection did NOT come as a surprise to our management and that the size of their central defenders had been discussed prior to kick-off ? Makes you wonder, doesn't it !!!??

Archived