Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Bournemouth at Home - Mixed Zone

Leicester City are offering a unique and affordable way for families and young Cherries fans to visit the King Power Stadium for the big match on Saturday 26th October (Kick-off 3pm).

To support and promote the annual Football Association Respect campaign, the Foxes have offered 150 discounted tickets to families, Junior Cherries and local sports teams in their Mixed Zone.

The Mixed Zone is for both Leicester City and AFC Bournemouth fans to enjoy the matchday experience together, and is offered to school parties, youth clubs and Junior Cherries who will be able to uphold the family atmosphere.

Ticket prices in the Mixed Zone are lower than other areas of the stadium:

Adults £20

Under 18s £5

Under 12s £3

Under 10s Free

Regular tickets go on general sale on Saturday 12th October, and prices are as follows:

Adult £28

Over 65s £25

Under 22s £25

Under 18s £18

Under 12s £9

Under 8s £7

Unsurprisingly the news is on their website before ours.

I don't see the point in this. Is there really a market for people who want to sit with the opposing team in the ground?

Part of the experience I enjoyed as a kid was going to the game with my dad and occasionally he'd have a mate who supported the opposite team. We'd meet in the pub, chat about the game but then went different ways as we got to the ground - that's how it should be. Part of the excitement was seeing them after the game if we'd won and gloating.

There might be a handful of families at most which have a Leicester-Bournemouth mix of supporters that this would appeal to.

I really don't see the need for putting fans together at all whether it be from families all the way through to OAP's. There is not 1 good reason I can think of as to why a young Leicester City family would want to sit with a mirror image family of Bournemouth fans. 

Is this the clubs attempt to quell the growing numbers in N block? I wouldn't out it past them.

If i wanted to sit with the other sides fans I'd go and watch rugby.

Wouldn't surprise me, the Stewards in N Block have been very strict the past few games, threatening fans with three game bans!

There was no segregation at all when i first started going and I defy anyone to say that atmosphere was not as good as any I've encountered since but then I never saw anyone there intent on a punch up or who wasn't able to take as well as give.

So many fans these days get all offended when having the pass taken out of them.

Cannot think of anything worse than travelling 150+ miles to sit next to an opposition fan.

It's unnatural, if lcfc really want numbers to travel from Bournemouth them give all under 18s a chance with a £5 ticket in their own end.

Ask Fulham fans.

The difference between us and Fulham is that they are slap bang in the middle of West London and get a lot of tourists sitting in their mixed allocation simply because they want to say they watched Premiership football whilst in England. If Fulham ever got relegated they would lose a lot of their season tickets holders plus their attendances would drastically drop, as a lot of them simply go to watch games because they are in the Premier League. 

Is this the clubs attempt to quell the growing numbers in N block? I wouldn't out it past them.

If i wanted to sit with the other sides fans I'd go and watch rugby.

I'm going to totally disagree with all the above comments which seem to suggest everyone needs to sit with similar fans. I recognise many want to be with other similar fans, particularly if you're singing. However, not everyone wants to sing and it's possible for a decent atmosphere without singing - although I agree a decent song is great at any ground.

As noted above, in rugby it's different and in non-league football below the Skill Premier division it's quite possible to sit/stand with other fans and enjoy the rivalry/banter between sides. If those who've posted above have been to full rugby grounds, there is still a good atmosphere despite no segregation - I don't understand why it shouldn't be done at football grounds. Segregation was only brought in because of "conflict" at grounds: it's possible to enjoy sport without sitting/standing with similar fans.

It makes sense to have fans together who want to be together, but if you don't need to be in that position, it's enjoyable hearing an opponent's fan's point of view.

I know "non-segregation" won't be widely introduced because of the threat of violence, although for many it's possible to enjoy sport no matter who you're close to in the ground.

I'm not expecting this view to attract agreement!

Guest MattP

Just isn't football is it?

It would work no doubt if you had a seperate place for it like the end of the West Stand, people wouldn't just start scrapping for the sake of it. Boxing crowds are far rougher than football and they get on sitting together (actually you do get numerous fights at most events, no idea why I said that).

That said, this isn't about that really is it? This is clearly going to be about clamping down on a few people who have decided to start a bit of atmosphere somewhere.

Clearly a sinister motive behind it.

I'd love it actually if the mixed area was rammed full of blokes with stone island jumpers and aquascrotum caps of both City and Bournemouth.

Can you imagine the amount of flapping that would be going on with daffodil man and Whelan amongst others?

That or its full of 10 year olds who take it upon themselves to batter the shit out of one another.

Thatd put an end to these stupid ideas.

Archived