Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Watford match thread.

Let's hope it's not a long term injury, the last thing we need with him playing so well and a tricky month of fixtures ahead.

Wood and Nugent isn't a disaster though, is it? They were utterly devastating together back in January and can be again. :thumbup:

While I found Watford pretty annoying last season, I cannot bring myself to see them as any kind of rivals.  In the 90s we had lots of important games with Portsmouth and there was a brief temporary rivalry there.  That's past now and the thing with Watford will pass pretty quickly too.

On our promotion while in administration, how did we exploit a loophole in a rule which did not exist?  It makes no sense.  It's like saying we should be punished for not complying with FFP for the Sven season, even though that rule did not exist at the time.  

What we achieved under the circumstances in 2003 is remarkable and should be looked at with pride.

Also, I do not buy into the Sky led idea that a club is somehow bigger for being in the Premier League or recently being in the Premier League.  Look at Wigan and Leeds.  Leeds have not been in the PL for 10 years while Wigan have spent the majority of the last decade in the top flight.  Does this make Wigan a bigger club than Leeds?  Of course it does not.

Apart from how recently Watford have been in the PL, there is no objective measure which shows they are a bigger club than Leicester.  I don't even mean any disrespect to Watford, to me it seems I am stating facts which are self-evident.

Forgive me my rant, but let's not get too carried away with any rivalry with Watford.  

Just another game.

While I found Watford pretty annoying last season, I cannot bring myself to see them as any kind of rivals.  In the 90s we had lots of important games with Portsmouth and there was a brief temporary rivalry there.  That's past now and the thing with Watford will pass pretty quickly too.

On our promotion while in administration, how did we exploit a loophole in a rule which did not exist?  It makes no sense.  It's like saying we should be punished for not complying with FFP for the Sven season, even though that rule did not exist at the time.  

What we achieved under the circumstances in 2003 is remarkable and should be looked at with pride.

Also, I do not buy into the Sky led idea that a club is somehow bigger for being in the Premier League or recently being in the Premier League.  Look at Wigan and Leeds.  Leeds have not been in the PL for 10 years while Wigan have spent the majority of the last decade in the top flight.  Does this make Wigan a bigger club than Leeds?  Of course it does not.

Apart from how recently Watford have been in the PL, there is no objective measure which shows they are a bigger club than Leicester.  I don't even mean any disrespect to Watford, to me it seems I am stating facts which are self-evident.

Forgive me my rant, but let's not get too carried away with any rivalry with Watford.  

Just another game.

Who other than Watford fans think they are a bigger club than us?

4-4-2 away from home that never works, our most energetic pressuring player is out and we have a nervous inexperienced left-back, can't say I'm very confident.

Tbf he played quite well when he went to Left-back against Fulham.

No Vardy :o

Anyone know what type of injury? A week out? A while out?

Wow, you wouldn't have caught me saying that a year ago, even half a year ago infact, shows how far he has come!

Wood - This is your chance, take it, make the most of it don't act mardy, dig in, get your head down, play for your place in the team.

Apart from missing Vardy, which can't be helped if he's injured i'm quite happy with that team, the jury is still out with Wood for me, i've been disappointed on a whole when he has came on as a sub, e.t.c, saying that he was quite good last week when he came on as sub, like I said this is his chance to get his place back in the team back and impress, I just hope he takes it.

Vardy out is an even bigger blow considering the opposition. They like to build from the back and Vardy would have made this difficult. Wood has his qualities but defending from the front isn't one of them.

Ill be happy with a point here.

When we signed Miquel on loan, did he not say he was happy at left back?

I don't think it would be very positive having 4 CB's as your back line. Schlupp deserves his chance, and he's got two big boys at the back to help him out.

It's a shame to miss Vardy, but I'm hoping Wood will have some renewed confidence and press the game like he did the other night. Also hoping Nugent feels fighting fit.

Key today is don't give the ball away cheaply.

He's the manager and we're second in the league.

We're fans...

I'm always hesitant to agree with lcfcsnow as he talks so much bollocks, but I'm worried he may have a point here. Our away form has been our Achilles heel, and more often than not away from home, Drinkwater and King get overrun against a 3 man midfield.

For the poster who put 'Yes Woody' earlier, Vardy is a far more valuable player to this team. It's a bloody shame he's out.

:angry:

I agree, it is a shame. Personally I would have prefered Wood and Vardy to play today. Wood looked very good when he came on against Bournemouth and IMO is a very good finisher with a very powerful shot. Just hope Nuge has recovered from his stomach problem(?).

I agree, it is a shame. Personally I would have prefered Wood and Vardy to play today. Wood looked very good when he came on against Bournemouth and IMO is a very good finisher with a very powerful shot. Just hope Nuge has recovered from his stomach problem(?).

I'd be concerned about underlying health issues if he hasn't.

It should have passed by now.

Archived