Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

A slur on our ex manager.

Well, how the hell does he pull these birds? It can't be money because they are all loaded. Either he has some magical pulling power, or the birds love the publicity.  :unsure:  :unsure: 

He just tells the how he beat Derby 8-0 over three games and they melt into his arms.

My problems started with a mortgage. My financial adviser couldn’t help me get a loan to buy my £1.7 million flat in Belgravia — but he knew someone who could.

Samir Khan was a short, stocky man of Pakistani origin, aged around 45. I trusted him from the start.

When he suggested he could help me more broadly, it sounded like a good idea. Everything about him seemed to check out. He had an office in Bond Street, he’d worked for the golf pro Nick Faldo and he was one of the few advisers insured by the City of London.

By 2008, Samir was handling all my finances. I was not interested in the details: if he said that an investment was sound, I trusted him. I didn’t even read through the long contracts. Sometimes, he’d fax over just one page for me to sign.

The truth is that I never cared about money. Not one bit. Suffice to say that Samir caught on pretty quickly. While I was England manager, he’d suggested investing in a technology company he said was going to be acquired by Hewlett Packard. I didn’t have to put in any of my own money, Samir explained — he’d borrow it on my behalf.

So I agreed to invest almost £1 million.  But about a year and a half later, the company still hadn’t been sold.

By that time, he’d persuaded me to put money into a property development. The main investor was Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp.

Alarm bells rang one day when Harry’s accountant called my agent, suggesting the scheme was not all it seemed.

But still trusting Samir, I merely asked him to pull me out of it — and he said he would.

Later, I ran into Harry, who told me bluntly that my financial adviser was no good — and furthermore, that my money was still tied up in the questionable Portsmouth scheme. Samir told me Harry was mistaken. After that, I simply didn’t give the business another thought. Then, in spring 2009, Coutts bank told me that Samir had been investing large sums of my money into other risky projects.

‘OK, I’ll handle it,’ I said. But I didn’t.

Why? Because when Samir told me he was  acting with my best interests at heart, I believed him.

My suspicions were finally raised when Samir wanted my signature to raise a mortgage on a house I owned in Portugal. 

At that point, I asked the accounting firm Deloitte to investigate.

What they discovered came as a shock. Unknown to me, Samir had invested millions in projects the world over.

After taking out a huge loan on my home in Sweden, he’d bought a beach house in Barbados next to Wayne Rooney’s. He’d also started a magazine, Icon, in which I was the main investor. And I was told he’d spent my money lavishly on renovations for his own house and expensive art for his office.

Altogether, the accountants estimated Samir had lost me at least £10 million. There was hardly anything left.

His insurance with the City of London turned out to be Invalid. It was time to go to the lawyers.

Nice work, if you can get it: Khan bought himself a place next to Wayne Rooney's house in Barbados

Two years later, in 2012, Coutts bank warned me I was on the verge of bankruptcy. Not only that, but I had tax debts of more than £1 million. Clearly, I needed to reduce my fixed expenses drastically, but first I had to establish what they were.

My brother Lasse started digging. Among the things he discovered was that I was still paying the lease on a former girlfriend’s car. In all, Lasse estimated that I had fixed expenses of about £30,000 a month. The only solution was to sell some of my properties.

But Nancy Dell’Olio was still living in my London apartment, three years after she should have moved out. And the house in Portugal was unlikely to sell because of the financial crash.

In May, Samir finally appeared in court. For hours, I listened to my lawyers explaining how he’d lost my money. Samir also listened. He looked like a broken man — though that may have been a facade.

The next day, before the hearing resumed, he suddenly agreed to bankrupt himself. And with that, everything was over.

The lawyers said it was a great result — the best hope of recovering a fraction of my fortune. It didn’t feel like a great result to me.

The other day, I put my home in Sweden on the market. I feel a bit melancholy about that

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2486903/Sven-Goran-Eriksson-autobiography-How-adviser-lost-10million.html#ixzz2jhFeJqR9 

My problems started with a mortgage. My financial adviser couldn’t help me get a loan to buy my £1.7 million flat in Belgravia — but he knew someone who could.

Samir Khan was a short, stocky man of Pakistani origin, aged around 45. I trusted him from the start.

When he suggested he could help me more broadly, it sounded like a good idea. Everything about him seemed to check out. He had an office in Bond Street, he’d worked for the golf pro Nick Faldo and he was one of the few advisers insured by the City of London.

By 2008, Samir was handling all my finances. I was not interested in the details: if he said that an investment was sound, I trusted him. I didn’t even read through the long contracts. Sometimes, he’d fax over just one page for me to sign.

The truth is that I never cared about money. Not one bit. Suffice to say that Samir caught on pretty quickly. While I was England manager, he’d suggested investing in a technology company he said was going to be acquired by Hewlett Packard. I didn’t have to put in any of my own money, Samir explained — he’d borrow it on my behalf.

So I agreed to invest almost £1 million.  But about a year and a half later, the company still hadn’t been sold.

By that time, he’d persuaded me to put money into a property development. The main investor was Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp.

I had to stop and laugh at this point lol

Archived