Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nugent

nuge was poor ,we all can see that , why did NFP not take him off earlier , to play scloppy up front tells us we have a problem, he is not a striker, he tries his best but bottles it when on goal. We did what we always do in front of a big home crowd ,nothing !!

He was bad. I won't deny that. Unlike certain people on the forum I try offering a balanced view of how I see it.

Well said!

Nugents a class act, I'd rather have him in our team than have him against us.

A more tactically astute coach would have Nugent scoring for fun.

We just aren't using him in the right way and playing to his strengths

6th is 6th. None of this 9th bollocks.

Couldn't care less if he's 25th from open play. We're second in the league. That's all I care about. If with every 15 games we win 10, draw 2 and lose 3 with Nugent in the side and are the last championship team and the league cup I'm more than happy with that.

I care about team performances not individual performances.

I wonder if you would have the same opinion if kasper was conceding 4 a game? I doubt it. He's not doing his job.

People defending Nugent? Laughable.

- Missed 2 free headers from 6 yards out

- Missed a straight forward cutback which just needed placing.

- Penalty miss just topped it off.

All of this combined with his lack of effort in the air, delayed reactions, smiley face, poor form since January...

Whats the point? Guaranteed to start in the next game and the game after that and then after that. Pearson hasn't got the balls to drop the superstar.

He's not a scapegoat, he is just shite. Difference.

Hi did,

But that was 2 seasons ago and last season... Both of which he had one of the highest shot rates in the league per match :)

Should of been top goal scorer in Europe on the amount of chances he ****s up!!

Surely that's got to be Dyer?

All of this combined with his lack of effort in the air, delayed reactions, smiley face, poor form since January...

Whats the point? Guaranteed to start in the next game and the game after that and then after that. Pearson hasn't got the balls to drop the superstar.

This.

Sell him.

Get 2 replacements for the price we shift him..

Macheda on loan will bag goals the way we play.

Surely that's got to be Dyer?

Dyer has been like that since we signed him bert!! haha

We lost a game! Let's all find a scapegoat again!!!

They defended well, Nugent wasn't the only player who was poor. His header wasn't a 'bad miss' , he just couldn't get over the ball as he's not quite tall enough. Awful pen tho. But these things happen.

"Shite" lol

I remember the times when we would have loved a player that would score us at least 15 goals a season at this level. Since joining the club, Nugent has done this.

Today he had a poor game, yes, but was he that bad compared to the other performances? I don't think so.

I would love for someone to tell me who we could get that's any better, because I don't think we can get any better than him....

We lost a game! Let's all find a scapegoat again!!!

They defended well, Nugent wasn't the only player who was poor. His header wasn't a 'bad miss' , he just couldn't get over the ball as he's not quite tall enough. Awful pen tho. But these things happen.

True they were all poor.... but it makes it worse that nugent has been like this since the turn of the year but a few penalties have shadowed the fact hes not good enough anymore...

Sell him before we lose him for nothing.

True they were all poor.... but it makes it worse that nugent has been like this since the turn of the year but a few penalties have shadowed the fact hes not good enough anymore...

Sell him before we lose him for nothing.

I think he's been pretty decent most of this season, so I disagree. All teams would love a top 25 goal a season striker. Fact is, at this level they rarely exist. If we sell him, we would find it hard to replace him.

Nugent needs dropping for a few games as he has been poor for several months now. Today did show that up especially a it's time to give Wood and Vardy a chance. I have for while thought Nugent was past is best and not good enough for this team at present. perhaps if he is side-lined for a bit he will get back into it. He is clearly likeable character and could return to his former best.

I think he's been pretty decent most of this season, so I disagree. All teams would love a top 25 goal a season striker. Fact is, at this level they rarely exist. If we sell him, we would find it hard to replace him.

He will never be that player, We don't play him how he needs to be utilized to score that many goals!

I rate him if he's played to his strengths.. he's not here,

So much so I've forgotten what his strengths are.....

Ughhh, not a good performance at all from Nugent today - penalty summed it up. In context though, it was a poor team performance, it's not like we should be scapegoating just one player for the failure of the whole team.

As for this thread though - people want Nugent sold in January? We'd get sod all for him with his contract close to expiring, so those expecting to sell him and get 2 players for the price are leaving in Football Manager dreamland - good strikers are expensive, more so in January, we'd get nothing like as good a striker for the money we'd get for selling Nugent. Far more realistic to keep him, and bolster with a loan to provide competition (no Harry Kane please).

Nugent is not playing to his full ability - he has played better in the past. He may come into some more form later on. For now, perhaps its time to start Wood and Vardy - we have 3 good strikers at this level, and on form Nugent is perhaps due his turn on the bench when all 3 are available (which wasn't the case today).

Finally though - are people actually being seriously having a go at the fact that Nugent smiles? Are these the same people who didn't like that Beckford looked grumpy? What is the correct face for a Leicester striker to have? Completely neutral faces at all times guys, you'll never make it to the Premier League with those facial expressions.

Ughhh, not a good performance at all from Nugent today - penalty summed it up. In context though, it was a poor team performance, it's not like we should be scapegoating just one player for the failure of the whole team.

As for this thread though - people want Nugent sold in January? We'd get sod all for him with his contract close to expiring, so those expecting to sell him and get 2 players for the price are leaving in Football Manager dreamland - good strikers are expensive, more so in January, we'd get nothing like as good a striker for the money we'd get for selling Nugent. Far more realistic to keep him, and bolster with a loan to provide competition (no Harry Kane please).

Nugent is not playing to his full ability - he has played better in the past. He may come into some more form later on. For now, perhaps its time to start Wood and Vardy - we have 3 good strikers at this level, and on form Nugent is perhaps due his turn on the bench when all 3 are available (which wasn't the case today).

Finally though - are people actually being seriously having a go at the fact that Nugent smiles? Are these the same people who didn't like that Beckford looked grumpy? What is the correct face for a Leicester striker to have? Completely neutral faces at all times guys, you'll never make it to the Premier League with those facial expressions.

when I said get 2 players I meant his wages...

It's not Nugent's goal tally that's the problem, it's how they are dispersed.

He could get 10 goals in 5 games and that'd be it for the rest of the season, he just can't get goals consistently and apparently he makes up for it with his workrate that he used to have.

I want Nugent to do well but he doesn't do enough anymore.

Schlupp won't make it as a striker.

Well said!

Nugents a class act, I'd rather have him in our team than have him against us.

A more tactically astute coach would have Nugent scoring for fun.

We just aren't using him in the right way and playing to his strengths

This has nothing to do with how tactical or technical our coach is, Nuge does play his part for the team but lets face it he's not a natural goal scorer!!

when I said get 2 players I meant his wages...

He's on a big wedge, but not Beckford money as far as we know. Also, keep in mind that in the January market, bottom half Prem teams (or bloody QPR) will be all over any available, in form, Championship strikers. To get a striker better than Nuge, we'd have to pay a wage good enough to beat the competition - probably wouldn't be far behind Nuge's wages. We'd never get 2 strikers for the price.

He will never be that player, We don't play him how he needs to be utilized to score that many goals!

I rate him if he's played to his strengths.. he's not here,

So much so I've forgotten what his strengths are.....

You've misunderstood me. I wasn't suggesting he's a 25 goal a season man. What I meant was, people are suggesting we should sell him and sign someone better. Nuge will always get you 15 goals a season- therefore, is there anyone better? Fact is, 25 goals a season strikers are impossible to find in this division. For this level, Nugent is a decent player for me,

"Shite" lol

I remember the times when we would have loved a player that would score us at least 15 goals a season at this level. Since joining the club, Nugent has done this.

Today he had a poor game, yes, but was he that bad compared to the other performances? I don't think so.

I would love for someone to tell me who we could get that's any better, because I don't think we can get any better than him....

I see beckford scored again today. Worth a punt?

I really don't know why Nugent has been so shit lately, we all know he can play better and he should be playing better. He's been given enough chances to prove himself to be a worthy starter and hasn't taken them with dreadful performances. I hope Pearson will see the light and decide to drop him for his benefit. 

Archived