Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

riyad mahrez - Who knows....

Mentioned by TJB-Fox originally,

It's just a twitter  "rumor"  right now, Or not even a rumor, but interesting to day the least...

A few of us lads have tweeted him things like "Are you signing for leicester in january"

To which he retweets them..

I even threw in a "Mahrez is a leicester fan chant" lol To which he retweeted,

then a "Football agent" Tweeted TJB-Fox claiming he could be coming to leicester..

Not wanting to start rumors but it is interesting, not claiming to be ITK, But it seems odd that a professional footballer would be retweeting these rumors if untrue (Wouldnt look good for him at Havre?)

Make your own minds up...

Skip to 2.40 for his goal  :wub:  shite defending but good finish.

~Here are the twitter links. 

https://twitter.com/Mahrez22

https://twitter.com/YAYSteveM/status/415087355260043264

https://twitter.com/tom_bakewell/status/414922003184091136

As Kentfoxsteve mentioned... could we have 2 slick frenchman in the squad?

actually looks like this could be true, he is retweeting loads of Leicester 

Another right wing Franco-North African in our squad?

That would be interesting.

It was probably started in jest by Tom, me and steve,

to which people are jumping on haha, probably a load of bollocks, 

I'll mention the sun in the tweet haha 

actually looks like this could be true, he is retweeting loads of Leicester

His personal interests may not be those of the club.

If he wants to come to the club, fantastic. It's great players like to be linked to the club. Especially in foreign leagues. I'd imagine he's drawn parallels between himself and Knockaert.

However we'll have to see how (or if) Walshy and his scout network view him. So far all we have is a French Wikipedia page, a few retweets and a 7 minute video from ONE game. Not really conclusive evidence.

If he wants to come to the club, fantastic. It's great players like to be linked to the club. Especially in foreign leagues. I'd imagine he's drawn parallels between himself and Knockaert.

However we'll have to see how (or if) Walshy and his scout network view him. So far all we have is a French Wikipedia page, a few retweets and a 7 minute video from ONE game. Not really conclusive evidence.

:thumbup:

We love a good rumor though, It's fun to dream!

I'd suggest retweeting is certainly a way if saying he wants to leave if nothing else.

assuming the account is his.

I'd suggest retweeting is certainly a way if saying he wants to leave if nothing else.

assuming the account is his.

It looks like he'd come to Leicester but it's whether we actually want him. The only evidence thus far is some shady 'agent' bloke implying we've bid for him. We'll have to wait and see if the club is actually interested.

Stop being sensible fin

To be fair the whole thing is quite funny.

I actually have no idea what's going on here. Next thing we'll know his fluent step-brother will be telling us that Nige is round their house for Christmas.

Isn't he out of contract at the end of the season (someone ask him on twitter :L) If yes, then he probably can disregard the clubs intrests. Playing for a ligue 2 side with championship level interest is likely to turn his head.

I think if it is true we must have, by now, learnt to trust Walsh's scouting. We didn't have much more information on knockaert when he signed. Though I guess your right to have reservations tbf.

Maybe this is the start of knocky dropping into the middle? This lad wide?

Thats a good shout...very interesting to see that. Although hope this guy tracks back better than knockaert did when he signed. Can you imagine with both playing. Tbf knockaerts defensive work has improved.

Archived