Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OxfordshireFox

Schmeichel to palace

Won't ever be AC Milan's number 1, so what's the point? You can't begrudge him going if they came in for him but when he pitches up back in England less than a year later you'd not be surprised. I hope he at least stays until the summer but whatever.

Wouldn't mind if we sold him and they loaned him back to us for the rest of the season. Shame if he does go tbh though, he's one of the one's I'd have definitely wanted in the squad should we get promoted.

Why would they do that? They can sign him for free at the end of the season. Why would they buy him now and not play him till next season?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-ac-milan-want-kasper-3051461?#.UuBMRGTFKX0

Kasper Schmeichel is a £3.5million target for Italian giants AC Milan.

The Serie A side are seeking a successor to veteran keeper Christian Abbiati, who turns 37 in July, and have targeted Schmeichel as the top choice to be their new No1 at the San Siro.

Th 27-year-old is scheduled to be out of contract with Leicester at the end of the season so will be available on a free if he decides to snub a fresh deal with the promotion-chasing Championship side.

Newly-appointed Milan boss Clarence Seedorf is anxious to push through a move this month because he doesn’t want to run the risk of missing out on the Foxes' Danish international shot stopper.

Milan were linked with a swoop for Newcastle keeper Tim Krul in this month’s transfer window, but they have switched their sights on Schmeichel following the sacking of coach Massimiliano Allegri last week.

Schmeichel - son of former Manchester United goalkeeping great Peter - has hit the best form of his career this season as Leicester close in on a place in the Premier League after losing in the play-offs to Watford last term.

He has revealed he is happy to postpone talks on his future until the summer.

The former Manchester City and Notts County keeper joined Leicester from Leeds for £1.2million three years ago, and has since established himself as one of the best at his position outside the top flight.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-ac-milan-want-kasper-3051461#ixzz2rAecUi7V 
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-ac-milan-want-kasper-3051461?#.UuBMRGTFKX0

Kasper Schmeichel is a £3.5million target for Italian giants AC Milan.

The Serie A side are seeking a successor to veteran keeper Christian Abbiati, who turns 37 in July, and have targeted Schmeichel as the top choice to be their new No1 at the San Siro.

Th 27-year-old is scheduled to be out of contract with Leicester at the end of the season so will be available on a free if he decides to snub a fresh deal with the promotion-chasing Championship side.

Newly-appointed Milan boss Clarence Seedorf is anxious to push through a move this month because he doesn’t want to run the risk of missing out on the Foxes' Danish international shot stopper.

Milan were linked with a swoop for Newcastle keeper Tim Krul in this month’s transfer window, but they have switched their sights on Schmeichel following the sacking of coach Massimiliano Allegri last week.

Schmeichel - son of former Manchester United goalkeeping great Peter - has hit the best form of his career this season as Leicester close in on a place in the Premier League after losing in the play-offs to Watford last term.

He has revealed he is happy to postpone talks on his future until the summer.

The former Manchester City and Notts County keeper joined Leicester from Leeds for £1.2million three years ago, and has since established himself as one of the best at his position outside the top flight.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-ac-milan-want-kasper-3051461#ixzz2rAecUi7V

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Can't we just send Conrad

I'd bite their arm off at £3.5 Million.

And who would you replace him with?

If he wants to leave at the end of the season, fine, but there simply isn't any point taking £3.5m when the potential benefits of keeping him on for the remainder of the season are much larger and leave us with a full summer to find a new goalkeeper if necessary.

So they can have him now, rather than waiting for the summer? It's happened plenty of times before.

£3.5M though, when they've got plenty of other options and are realistically only going to finish mid-table. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. :dunno:

Not complaining though, if we can find a good replacement then take the money.

Other teams coming in for Kasper may force City's hand in offering him a contract.

But not his hand into signing it which I think will be the problem. He is holding out till the summer. Good as he is loyally seeing out his deal and we need him between now and May but bad as he may not want to sign on anyway.

But not his hand into signing it which I think will be the problem. He is holding out till the summer. Good as he is loyally seeing out his deal and we need him between now and May but bad as he may not want to sign on anyway.

Nothing against him personally, but him not wanting to extend his contract has probably more to do with getting a good signing on fee than loyalty. Players can often get a big signing on fee when signed on a free, compared to those who are bought from another club for a fee. Again, I'm not having a dig - I'd do the same, as I'm sure nearly all, if not all, players would.

I never expected Schmeichel to stay beyond his current contract. I just hope we can get a good replacement when we need to, and with NP's, Walsh's and the rest of the backroom staff's record, I'm confident that we can.

Archived