Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OxfordshireFox

Schmeichel to palace

I have noticed how Schmeichel does say how he wants to help us get to the Premier League but never says he wants to play for Leicester in the Premier League. Not recently anyway whenever he's been asked about contracts situation.

Maybe reading in to it too much!

Would love if he stays with us when we get to the top division!

I have noticed how Schmeichel does say how he wants to help us get to the Premier League but never says he wants to play for Leicester in the Premier League. Not recently anyway whenever he's been asked about contracts situation.

Maybe reading in to it too much!

Would love if he stays with us when we get to the top division!

because he knows if we dont get up he'll be in the prem next year....

:giggle: I can't see this happening.

I think regardless of promotion we'll be losing Kasper in the summer, but it's been terrific whilst we've had him!

Hmm, IF we go up, I can see him staying unless one of the teams currently above Southampton offer him a first team position. He just comes across as a decent pro, who, certainly in Danish media, has always said that he feels very settled and comfortable in Leicester.

no-it's not

You tell 'em!

Where's Lamby? I'm sure he can back you up, he knows his geography. I'd go as far as saying Crystal Palace is up North, I mean it's not called South Crystal Palace is it?

No player in the january transfer window is going to seriously consider joining any club in the bottom half of the premiership the way things are set at the moment. Certainly not from a high flying club like ours.

For me this just proves how vital the summer window is for recruitment because its nigh on impossible to get quality in at this stage when the stakes are set so high. We need to do the business in the summer and nick a few players from these small tinpot charlies if there's a need.

for all their fans banners and jumping around that seems to impress some in these parts Palace are a smaller club than us with a worse financial position and long term future.

Kasper by his own admission is totally focused on getting us into the Premier League, and has said in the past his family are settled and happy here.

So if you are Kasper where are the positives in going to Palace?

Leaving a tight group of team mates and friends on the cusp of reaching the Premier League for a smaller club struggling to stay there.

Kasper is an intelligent guy who wouldn't throw all that hard work away for a few extra quid and a 3 months stint in the big show.

Cant see this happening on any level. Makes no sense.

Just another attempt at unsettling players out of contract at the end of this season.

I'd say that Kasper prefers playing or an up-and-coming Championship football club with solid financial foundations, a great stadium, modern facilities, great player prospects and a great staff - much more appealing than Crystal Palace, a rusty club that is highly likely to return to the second division at the end of this season.

Archived