Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eskay

Next Season - Away Games

Hi all,

I had a quick question that I’m hoping you can help me with.

I live in London and so do not get the chance to go the KP very often. I’ve been to a few away games over the years when the blue army is in town…I’ve been able to get through to the ticket office and purchase a couple of tickets each time (after sitting on hold for a week!!).

Next season means there will be a lot more games that I can attend. Obviously, every man and his dog will be trying to go to these games.

My question is, what is my best bet – getting a membership next season? Should I not bother as all the season ticket holders will be taking everything up? Will I be fine waiting on general sale?

Any help would be great.

Hi all,

I had a quick question that I’m hoping you can help me with.

I live in London and so do not get the chance to go the KP very often. I’ve been to a few away games over the years when the blue army is in town…I’ve been able to get through to the ticket office and purchase a couple of tickets each time (after sitting on hold for a week!!).

Next season means there will be a lot more games that I can attend. Obviously, every man and his dog will be trying to go to these games.

My question is, what is my best bet – getting a membership next season? Should I not bother as all the season ticket holders will be taking everything up? Will I be fine waiting on general sale?

Any help would be great.

At present It doesn't matter if you have a season ticket or membership

It depends on how many away games you have been too

The more games the higher priority you will be

At present It doesn't matter if you have a season ticket or membership

It depends on how many away games you have been too

The more games the higher priority you will be

You have to be a season ticket holder to get the away points though. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a few went to general sale next season. I remember in the MON days it happened fairly often.

While demand will be strong for away tickets, non-STHs are helped by the fact more PL games are on Sky TV now (or streamable) and PL teams generally will be granting bigger away allocations than in the Championship, and at higher prices. Also fewer games at Saturday 3pm will help for those without priority.

Pricing will have an impact. Plus places like selhurst park will be difficult.

If your really desperate buy a season ticket but you would still but even then you would still be 3rd in line on 0 points.

• 2 weeks later...

You've got next to no chance of a ticket for Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea, even with a membership. I expect these to be sold out by P3 day.

You've got next to no chance of a ticket for Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea, even with a membership. I expect these to be sold out by P3 day.

How big are the allocation for these? Surely Arsenal and Man City are more than 3K?

No mention of season ticket holders getting away priority on the season ticket benefits listed on the website. Surely this won't change?

One of the main reasons I'm getting a ST is for away priority.

If there was just priority for the away games you've attended then that doesn't take into account when you've bought in bulk for you and your mates and general sale this season. So sure, I'd get priority points for going to a few away games but what about my dad who's also gone, but his name won't have been recorded because I just bought two?

That's why the home game priority fell down for me in the Doncaster game, I had a mate who had been to almost every home game with me but of course whilst my name was on booking history because I bought them, his wasn't because he just gave me the money Fortunately he had been to 3 with him buying the tickets (but not 8) so I got 2 right at the death.

But that system doesn't necessarily work very well in it' current guise.

How big are the allocation for these? Surely Arsenal and Man City are more than 3K?

From what I've been told in the prem allocations have to be at least 10% of the stadium capacity, or 3k (whichever is smaller). However there is nothing to say you have to allocate more than 3k, so most of the big clubs give 3k max

Arsenal and Man City will only give around 3,000 to away fans and the former especially will be a bunfight, Category C tickets (which we are likely to fit into) are less than £30 a throw.

Luckily, I've already been to a few of the Premier League grounds during cup runs (Chelsea, Manchester City) or on other occasions (West Ham or Crystal Palace in the Championship, Villa on another day).

Still, there's a decent amount left that I'd love to visit next season. I suppose places like Newcastle, Sunderland, Southampton or Stoke should be easier to get tickets for.

Luckily, I've already been to a few of the Premier League grounds during cup runs (Chelsea, Manchester City) or on other occasions (West Ham or Crystal Palace in the Championship, Villa on another day).

Still, there's a decent amount left that I'd love to visit next season. I suppose places like Newcastle, Sunderland, Southampton or Stoke should be easier to get tickets for.

Yeh I've already said I shan't bother with Chelsea away and possibly not Man City. I'll do Palace now their atmosphere's decent. Other than that I'll be going to Spurs Arsenal Liverpool Everton and Man Utd

Archived