Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eskay

Next Season - Away Games

Think I'm on 44 points. Going on the pre order form again next season, godsend.

Same here. Always wanted to. If you can't make the game, do you just take the tickets back?

This could become a bit of a bragfest, one that I shall take no part in.

38 points :ph34r:

37 :cry: **** you Harry

is there a way to link your away games this season to your online account? i rang up for my bolton ones as i was taking a few mates not just myself so needed to wait til general sale an cos i waited til then they're not in my order history under my name so they've robbed me of one whole loyalty point :cry: 

How big are the allocation for these? Surely Arsenal and Man City are more than 3K?

I started a thread in 2009 with the allocations of every ground prior to the season starting after we were newly promoted. Should look into that for this year, but the in demand/big teams:

Liverpool - 2000

Manchester United - 3000

Arsenal - 3000

Manchester City - 3000

Everton - 3000 (though they only give the bottom tier of 1700 if it's a smaller away following)

Chelsea - 3000

Tottenham - 2900

Villa - 2900

edit: (Adding Villa as well)

Do you definitely have to be a season ticket holder for priority next year. I'm currently a season ticket holder but I'll be going uni in London come September so I'm questioning whether it's worth having a season ticket next year. I have 41 loyalty points currently, so I'd just lose them if I don't have a season ticket? Obviously I'd like to do the London away games next year but I'm guessing I'll struggle without a season ticket.

Do you definitely have to be a season ticket holder for priority next year. I'm currently a season ticket holder but I'll be going uni in London come September so I'm questioning whether it's worth having a season ticket next year. I have 41 loyalty points currently, so I'd just lose them if I don't have a season ticket? Obviously I'd like to do the London away games next year but I'm guessing I'll struggle without a season ticket.

London to Leicester is hardly a commute!

yep, join the long distance crew who go away but now can't because we don't have season tickets. 

London to Leicester is hardly a commute!

At no point did I say the distance or travel time was an issue but buying train tickets in advance from St Pancras to Leicester costs 25-30 quid. As a student, that's hardly cheap. I do intend to get a part time job as I'll get little support from parents so I'm not sure what to do. I guess when you factor in games at Christmas, Easter and before uni, that'll cut down the ones I'd have to travel for.

At no point did I say the distance or travel time was an issue but buying train tickets in advance from St Pancras to Leicester costs 25-30 quid. As a student, that's hardly cheap. I do intend to get a part time job as I'll get little support from parents so I'm not sure what to do. I guess when you factor in games at Christmas, Easter and before uni, that'll cut down the ones I'd have to travel for.

Get yourself a railcard too mate, save a fortune, travel at the cheapest times, and book a couple of weeks in advance. Can get to Leicester for well under £20 that way.

Have you got anybody you can share it with? Me and my dad have season tickets. I've been at Uni for two years now and when I don't go my brother goes. 

Honestly, you'll not miss that many games. I get back from Manchester every second or third weekend depending on the circumstances. I went to about 13 or 14 home games this season (8 away games as well) and did around the same last season. You might miss night games and whenever Sky move us for television, but you should be able to make Saturday 3pm fine.

If it's not to expensive (are you younger than 22?) to renew your season ticket, then do it. I am. Unfortunately for me I jump from under 21 to adult prices this season. Even if you can't go to all the games it's worth it and you aren't losing out on some potentially big games. Lets face it you're not going to miss every single game against the big teams.

A lot of people I know at Uni get back for footballing reasons. I know season ticket holders at Everton, Liverpool, Burnley (ok, not too far from Manchester I know), Stoke and one of my housemates supports Hull and still gets to a decent amount of games... Get a railcard though, you'll save a bit. I use mine all the time. And buy tickets in advance as well, I do that and it saves time and especially money. It's decent for when you know what game you want to actually get to.

Currently in my first year at Uni in London... if you go back home on a Friday evening, get a Euston-Rugby, then Rugby-Leicester returns... about £19 altogether with railcard, a lot cheaper than direct for about a half hour extra travel time.

Ps, which Uni you going?

Have you got anybody you can share it with? Me and my dad have season tickets. I've been at Uni for two years now and when I don't go my brother goes. 

Honestly, you'll not miss that many games. I get back from Manchester every second or third weekend depending on the circumstances. I went to about 13 or 14 home games this season (8 away games as well) and did around the same last season. You might miss night games and whenever Sky move us for television, but you should be able to make Saturday 3pm fine.

If it's not to expensive (are you younger than 22?) to renew your season ticket, then do it. I am. Unfortunately for me I jump from under 21 to adult prices this season. Even if you can't go to all the games it's worth it and you aren't losing out on some potentially big games. Lets face it you're not going to miss every single game against the big teams.

A lot of people I know at Uni get back for footballing reasons. I know season ticket holders at Everton, Liverpool, Burnley (ok, not too far from Manchester I know), Stoke and one of my housemates supports Hull and still gets to a decent amount of games... Get a railcard though, you'll save a bit. I use mine all the time. And buy tickets in advance as well, I do that and it saves time and especially money. It's decent for when you know what game you want to actually get to.

To be fair I think I will get one after all cos as you say I probably wouldn't miss many and it's not at all difficult to get back for the games. Also if I end up at my insurance which is Brum then it'd be so easy to still go that I'd kick myself for not renewing, and I'm sure I'll find people to take my ticket when I don't go. First had a half season ticket last time we were in the prem and have had one ever since, I can't miss out these good times having endured all that shit, I've got to try it for a year at least.

Currently in my first year at Uni in London... if you go back home on a Friday evening, get a Euston-Rugby, then Rugby-Leicester returns... about £19 altogether with railcard, a lot cheaper than direct for about a half hour extra travel time.

Ps, which Uni you going?

As I live in Burbage now, it'd be better to come back to Rugby or Nuneaton on a Friday night, would make mum happy aha. Santander student account offers a free 4 year railcard so that'll be rather handy.

And yeah hopefully going UCL

To be fair I think I will get one after all cos as you say I probably wouldn't miss many and it's not at all difficult to get back for the games. Also if I end up at my insurance which is Brum then it'd be so easy to still go that I'd kick myself for not renewing, and I'm sure I'll find people to take my ticket when I don't go. First had a half season ticket last time we were in the prem and have had one ever since, I can't miss out these good times having endured all that shit, I've got to try it for a year at least.

As I live in Burbage now, it'd be better to come back to Rugby or Nuneaton on a Friday night, would make mum happy aha. Santander student account offers a free 4 year railcard so that'll be rather handy.

And yeah hopefully going UCL

Yeah think you can get Euston-Rugby return for about £18.  Yeah that's the railcard I have, very useful, gives you 1/3 off oyster tube prices aswell which is handy.

Ahh, just a shit Imperial  :ph34r:

When can you actually do this? Is it something they can sort out for you if you go to the ground?

Yeah, but obviously it's not available until the fixtures are out. You have to had met P1 criteria for last season too.

The worrying thing is, I am a bit like Walshy (the poster) on here, I have no priority, go to Leicester games few and far between but I'll be able to get tickets for away games through a mate at the ticket office, worrying really. 

If I can't get tickets for a Liverpool game that day, I think I will go Everton, United and Arsenal. 

Yeah think you can get Euston-Rugby return for about £18.  Yeah that's the railcard I have, very useful, gives you 1/3 off oyster tube prices aswell which is handy.

Ahh, just a shit Imperial  :ph34r:

Pfft, Imperial's just a posh polytechnic ;):ph34r:

What course are you doing?

Think I'm on 44 points. Going on the pre order form again next season, godsend.

Can't find details on this and thinking of doing it for next season.

I presume they just take the money out of your account and send you the ticket? If for some reason you can't make the game, can you get a refund? Or does that totally make the system pointless?

Archived