Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Daryl Janmaat

Nigel Pearson is going back for Feyenoord right back Daryl Janmaat now Leicester are in the Premier League. Foxes boss Pearson was assured in January that the defender would not move to a Championship club in a World Cup year. They have since confirmed that Janmaat will not be offered a new deal

-The People

Don't want to put a dampener on it, but this was in the Metro newspaper

Arsenal have been cleared to sign Daryl Janmaat for a bargain price at the end of the season after talks over a new contract at Feyenoord broke down.

The Gunners have been watching powerful full-back Janmaat for months, with Arsene Wenger considering him as a possible replacement for Bacary Sagna.

The defender, who will be a key part of the Holland side at the World Cup, has made no secret of his desire to play in England, and despite Feyenoord offering him a new deal to make him stay, negotiations have officially broken down.

The news was confirmed by the Dutch club this week on their official website, with Janmaat now all but certain to depart at the end of the season.

Aresnal or Leicester - probably not the most difficult of choices

Don't want to put a dampener on it, but this was in the Metro newspaper

Arsenal have been cleared to sign Daryl Janmaat for a bargain price at the end of the season after talks over a new contract at Feyenoord broke down.

The Gunners have been watching powerful full-back Janmaat for months, with Arsene Wenger considering him as a possible replacement for Bacary Sagna.

The defender, who will be a key part of the Holland side at the World Cup, has made no secret of his desire to play in England, and despite Feyenoord offering him a new deal to make him stay, negotiations have officially broken down.

The news was confirmed by the Dutch club this week on their official website, with Janmaat now all but certain to depart at the end of the season.

Aresnal or Leicester - probably not the most difficult of choices

In Fairness the metro reporter looks a bit dodgy

From what I've read so far, this should be a name to watch in the near future.

He's being dubbed one of the Eredivisie's most consistent players as well as one of the fastest full-backs in the league, Feyenoord fans see him growing into one of the best right-backs there is.

However, the market value of 5 million Euro (slightly over £4m) is a bit a steep asking price and he still has one year left on his contract.

I could see him either replacing De Laet or adding that extra bit of competition on the right side.

I think De Laet is better defensively than offensively - his crossing is poor but he offers an outlet and is a constant problem so he's worth keeping but defensively he is more well rounded as he's good in the air, doesn't get beaten for pace and is a decent tackler. Granted his positioning can be poor but that's usually because he has just ran the length of the pitch to get back.

Janmaat is very decent but if Feyenoord can't afford to pay his wages then I doubt we will.

I wonder how much he's being paid right now and whether he'd fit in that "under £30k" category we've heard recently.

Also, Feyenoord play in a weaker league with less money involved.

If the price is right, Janmaat could be a killer signing.

Archived