Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Football Manager 2015

• 2 weeks later...

Started a career with Newcastle. Finished 8th in my 1st season with Charlie Austin top league goalscorer with 25 goals

Currently 4th in my second season after 27 games

My team is

Krul

Trippier

Kjaer

S Taylor

N Taylor

Tielemans

Clasie

Payet

Sigurdsson

Ruben Garcia

Austin

Subs

Ings

Joe Gomez

Colback

Mahrez

Ayoze Perez

Haidara

Joel Ward

Thought it would be tougher with Newcastle but pleasantly surprised how decent they are

How much did you get to spend? I swear I get absolutely conned money wise on this game or I'm just missing a trick.

About to finish in the top half with Bari in my first year up in the Serie A. Was predicted 20th, had 11 senior players going into the season and a budget of £8mil. Amazed it's gone quite this well. My top scorer is the on loan Bebe lol

How much did you get to spend? I swear I get absolutely conned money wise on this game or I'm just missing a trick.

About to finish in the top half with Bari in my first year up in the Serie A. Was predicted 20th, had 11 senior players going into the season and a budget of £8mil. Amazed it's gone quite this well. My top scorer is the on loan Bebe lol

£15m in the first year but sold Cisse, Sissoko and Janmaat for decent money

Fair enough. Good side you've got there.

I'm hoping for a solid £15mil next season. Projected budget gives us £6mil but I've noticed that the two are often quite different. Italian clubs get some fantastic financial clout on this game, one of the main reasons I went to these.

Can't believe Bari have never finished higher than 7th.

Fair enough. Good side you've got there.

I'm hoping for a solid £15mil next season. Projected budget gives us £6mil but I've noticed that the two are often quite different. Italian clubs get some fantastic financial clout on this game, one of the main reasons I went to these.

Can't believe Bari have never finished higher than 7th.

Cheers. Still really difficult to keep hold of players though. Signed Van Dijk and he left after 6 months albeit for good profit. Think it might be a bit too early for me to qualify for Champions League, would prefer Europa first

I don't even mind losing players if I'm making a good profit because I'm generally good at replacing them although it's a bit hard to take if they're genuinely brilliant. Had a centre half for Las Palmas I signed for £4mil, sold him a year later to Bayern for £31mil, good money but he was genuinely irreplaceable.

Van Dijk's good but not amazing I don't think. I always found him pretty inconsistent when I signed him, although he could be brilliant as well so I definitely think I got my £7mil's worth.

I just finished 3rd and won the capital one cup in my 2nd season but the budget isn't looking good for next season I don't think so might have to go into the champions league with the squad I've got. Danny Ings is worth £22m now so could cash in but it looks like his value will only rise.

Ivan Marcano and Ruben Garcia from Levante are decent players to buy. Payet is class!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished 2nd in my first season with Inter on 80pts. Went down to the last day, but got the cup final against Juventus next. 

Won it and got Douglas Costa in for the new season. 

I did absolutely dreadfully at Inter when I was there. Some of my results were hilarious. Got a cup final against them at the end of this season with Bari though, of which I'll no doubt lose.

They sold Kovacic to Man City for £58mil on mine, which I think is the most I've ever seen a player go for.

I did absolutely dreadfully at Inter when I was there. Some of my results were hilarious. Got a cup final against them at the end of this season with Bari though, of which I'll no doubt lose.

They sold Kovacic to Man City for £58mil on mine, which I think is the most I've ever seen a player go for.

Haha I failed with them when they were actually good in like 2010. Got a couple of bargains on this one though and were very good at closing out games. 

Haha I failed with them when they were actually good in like 2010. Got a couple of bargains on this one though and were very good at closing out games. 

Who've you bought? I hear your bargains and raise you £3.7mil for Weigl and £5mil for Boetius, although like a clown I'm going to lose Boetius for £8mil. Weigl doesn't have to go for anything under £29mil though so that's OK.

Who've you bought? I hear your bargains and raise you £3.7mil for Weigl and £5mil for Boetius, although like a clown I'm going to lose Boetius for £8mil. Weigl doesn't have to go for anything under £29mil though so that's OK.

Started ages ago and got back into it recently (didn't copy United!) but I got Darmian in for £4m and Luiz Adriano for £6m. Got a bit of strength in depth now though, so I don't just have to look towards immediate starters.

3rd season with Newcastle, finished 7th then 6th and now completely doing a Chelsea. Played 7 won 1 lost 6. Seems I've been completely found out.

Anyone got any tips to halt the decline? My net spend in the summer was like -£30m as I sold a load of duff and signed a few youngsters, obviously messed the balance of youth/experience in the process.

Current side:

Krul

Janmaat Zouma Balanta Cresswell

Sissoko Clasie

Cabella Vilhena A.Ayew

Doumbia

A few decent prospects dotted about the squad Lozano, Jovic, couple decent regens.

Do I stick with my trusted tactic of 2 years (quick high tempo attacking) or change to try and stop the halt? 

3rd season with Newcastle, finished 7th then 6th and now completely doing a Chelsea. Played 7 won 1 lost 6. Seems I've been completely found out.

Anyone got any tips to halt the decline? My net spend in the summer was like -£30m as I sold a load of duff and signed a few youngsters, obviously messed the balance of youth/experience in the process.

Current side:

Krul

Sissoko Clasie

Cabella Vilhena A.Ayew

Doumbia

A few decent prospects dotted about the squad Lozano, Jovic, couple decent regens.

Do I stick with my trusted tactic of 2 years (quick high tempo attacking) or change to try and stop the halt? 

I usually play that formation, but with an attacking mindset, mixed passing, and pressing at all times. If I need a goal, I add an extra CF in place of the AM and go to direct passing, usually works.

That formation stopped working for a while though and now I've dropped the AM for another CM. You just boss the midfield and if you've got a good finisher, you'll score shit loads. My striker has scored 215 goals in 189 apps since the change lol.

Personally I'd play Jovic instead of Doumbia too, he's a right little beast!

Current side:

Krul

Sissoko Clasie

Cabella Vilhena A.Ayew

Doumbia

Where's Ayoze Perez?! Was class for me when I was Newcastle. Ruben Garcia from Levante becomes quality too

Where's Ayoze Perez?! Was class for me when I was Newcastle. Ruben Garcia from Levante becomes quality too

got injured and never really recovered, shipped him off the Juve for £15m and used it to get Doumbia.

Just sold Doumbia for £23m and replaced him with Zivkovic (dutch one) - What a machine that lad is!

Archived