Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Football Manager 2015

He's okay.

I've had him on quite a few saves and he's good but I'm not sure I'd say he's ever become spectacular. GGR is a defensive power house, little less overall talent but those starting mentals are just amazing.

Romero comfortably the best midfielder of the lot, literally does everything.

Chuck in Roberto Pereyra on a free and you're laughing.

I signed Romero on 13 for Leicester I think it was for about five million and I wondered at the time... how on earth is someone this good not being picked up by everyone?

Kranevitter just seems perfect for controlling a game from deep. He could fit into any kind of side.

Odion Ighalo is surprisingly good on this game. Landed him on a free and he's bagging left right and centre. I'm 2nd in November despite being predicted 9th. All the big clubs doing badly but Lille, who aren't even that good, are absolutely walking the league. This is the best chance I will get of winning the league.

cba to **** around with skins, installing logos is necessary but skins  :nigel:

and I would install the German national team fix but when I buy german players I offer stupid money for making national team appearances but obviously they can't 

Have you never sussed how to get Germany on your game? Look for it online. It's pretty easy. You get four international sides who weren't previously there, Japan are another and I think China too?

I have to have the badges. I've got a silly number of them now.

Have you never sussed how to get Germany on your game? Look for it online. It's pretty easy. You get four international sides who weren't previously there, Japan are another and I think China too?

I have to have the badges. I've got a silly number of them now.

Yeah I know how to do it but I've never been that bothered

Anyone bought tyrone mings on this and played him at centre half?

17 acceleration and pace

17 jumping

15 strength

15 tackling, marking and heading.

3rd season...only just turned 23.

Positioning? Bravery? Anticipation? Concentration and determination? All stats I look for in a central defender.

Anyone wanting to manage RM, but wanting a challenge should try Castilla. 

You get no say in transfers and players are added to/removed from your squad almost week by week. You CAN move players between the Castilla/Madrid 'C' squads, but the heirarchy will probably overturn your decision within a week or two.

On top of this, your 'target' for the season is, almost invariably, to win the league....

I've been playing this, as an after office wind -down, since the days of CM3 in the '90s...Have rarely enjoyed the game so much :)  

Had a similar save with Barca B, ended up rage resigning because I didn't have enough players lol

Mental stats > technical for defenders. Obviously need to be able to tackle but being in the right place is more important.

Absolutely agree. On that note, is it only me that finds it a bit odd that "Marking" is classed as a technical stat?

Positioning? Bravery? Anticipation? Concentration and determination? All stats I look for in a central defender.

I regard Aggression, Composure and Decisions as important stats too, as well as the obvious Team Work and Work Rate.

Shen, default graphics? :nigel:

Yeah, not good I know, but I don't find it bothers me enough these days to do something about it :P

Has anyone ever seen a player that takes to jumping training? defenders especially

Ive had a gem 16y.o CB come through at Napoli and he's got everything apart from -big matches, slight injury proneness and although he has 15 heading, he's got 6 jumping. Ive never had any other player or youth take to jumping training even with 5* physical coaching. Seems like bollocks to me

Has anyone ever seen a player that takes to jumping training? defenders especially

Ive had a gem 16y.o CB come through at Napoli and he's got everything apart from -big matches, slight injury proneness and although he has 15 heading, he's got 6 jumping. Ive never had any other player or youth take to jumping training even with 5* physical coaching. Seems like bollocks to me

Probably easier to retrain him to CDM or full back.

If he's shit in big matches and injury prone and I was a club the size of Napoli then I wouldn't have bothered signing him though tbh.

Got a game going with Newcastle.

First season I finished 6th, lost in the semi final of the league cup and won the FA cup.

2nd season, I'm 20 games in, top of the league by a point (11 points clear of 3rd), comfortably won the group stage of the Europa league, went out in the 4th round of the league cup, but I'm still in the FA cup.

Krul

Janmaat

Balanta

Kjaer / Coloccini

Haidaira

Kranvietter

Romero

Colback / Sissoko

Remy (29 goals already)

Fierro

Perez / Ferrerya

I've got Mings but he's too good at left back to consider moving. 25 now and my Captain at Birmingham in the prem. Somehow manage to slip under Englands radar on the game despite them not having a decent left back! He's currently playing for Barbados.

Probably easier to retrain him to CDM or full back.

If he's shit in big matches and injury prone and I was a club the size of Napoli then I wouldn't have bothered signing him though tbh.

I wonder if "big matches" change with the changing reputation of clubs in relation to competitions/other clubs.

And I've never actually noticed the "Important matches" stat have any effect.

Got myself a new laptop for uni and first thing I did was buy FM having not yet played this years. It's taking a bit of getting used with some of the changes but I think it's going in the right direction and I expect FM16 to be great once everything has been refined.

Downloaded LFCMarshalls update and I decided to start off a save with Brentford, didn't want to go down the leagues cos probably won't be playing it that long before the new one. Got a bit of a soft spot for Brentford and I plan on getting to a couple of their games this season so it seemed the right fit. Sort of wish I'd started as Leeds tho, they've got some great young players and only 4 over the age of 25, could really build something decent quite quickly with those foundations.

Haven't really been able to do much in the transfer window. I had no left over wage budget initially but managed to get the board to give me an extra 15k and it's been impossible to ship any players out as a lot of them are new arrivals. For example, Andreas Bjelland is worth 6.5m and is on 16k a week, tried to sell him cos I could bring in a decent enough replacement and a couple more with that money but nobody would take him cos he's a new arrival. Fortunately the squad is decent enough that I don't really need many additions, still got Andre Gray on it too. Handed out numerous trials to free agents to see if they were any good, most of them gash or went elsewhere cos I couldn't free any wage up for them, Andy Wilkinson being one I was more disappointed to miss out on. I did manage to sign a couple tho, a German midfielder on a free who has performed quite well so far, some guy called Nano for 200k to cover left back and left wing and Rogan Poole from Newport for 300k. My best signing tho is easily James Wilson on loan for the season, felt a bit short in the striking department so I made it my mission to get him in on loan which could easily be the difference between not getting promotion and getting promotion. He's already scored 7 in 7 for me so he should get a hatful this season and hopefully I can get him on loan again next season.

I desperately need a right back, panic signed some bloke from Italy who has played once and was absolute gash, i don't hold out much hope for him tbh. I tried signing Nathan Byrne from Swindon, finally got them to accept a decent price with a few add ons but his agent just wouldn't budge on a ridiculously high agents fee so that didn't happen.

A bit annoyed by the amounts of money lower league clubs wanted for players, I know they don't want to let their players go but league 2 teams surely can't expect me to be paying 7 million for their players, I know you can knock them down quite a bit but they still end up way overpriced, it was certainly difficult to operate in the window, made worse by the lack of scouting knowledge.

We've started the season well. We've scored at least 4 in 4 of our first 7 games, 1-1 draws against Burnley and Mk Dons and a 5-3 cup defeat at Ipswich aet being the exceptions. Lass Vibe has been class so far out on the right hand side, as has Alan Judge playing the advanced playmaker role with 4 goals and 3 assists in 6 games. Jota keeps getting injured which is annoying, looking forward to my front 4 when I can stick him out left. Defensively we're a bit suspect but that's the way I set up to play, I'm expecting my not particularly good RB to bomb forward and we keep getting caught down that side, I also hadn't realised I set us to play a high line which was a moronic thing to do because my centre halves are rather slow.

As I said, the updates this time show FM to be moving in the right direction, its taking a bit of getting used to but I'm enjoying it more I think. The lack of scouting knowledge at the start of the game is annoying but its more enjoyable and realistic to me, I expect FM16 will be good now they've had a year to work on the new stuff with real life feedback and I already have high hopes for additions because of the dynamic rivalries announcement 

The mighty St Albans City are finally making their mark in the Premier League. After back to back (to back to back to back) league titles I finished 6th in the Prem 2019/2020 regularly packing out my capacity 3400 seater stadium. Started the following season unbeaten into November and sitting 2nd behind Arsenal.

Won the FA Cup the last 2 seasons as well beating Arsenal in the final both times. Quarter finals of the EURO Cup last season and already through the group stage without conceding a goal this season. Takes my tally to 5 league titles and 6 trophies (2 x FA Trophy, 1 x JPT, 2 x FA Cup, 1 x Charity Shield)

My star players have been a right back from Brazil called Patric who's been with me since League 2 and is off to Barcelona at the end of the season for 25m. Fausto Rossi on a free from Juve in League 1 just this season got himself a 17.25m transfer to Everton. Diego Laxalt from Inter on a free also in League 1 who is still a starter into the Prem. Sam Johnstone on loan for 2 years and then on a free in goal from Manure since the conference only being replaced by Begovic when I got into the Prem. Kwesi Appiah bagged 52 league goals in the Conference on a free from Palace, couldn't make the step up into the Championship unfortunately. Joshua Onomah on loan from Spurs was player of the year for 2 years on the spin back in the Conference. 

M'baye Niang on a free from Milan in the Championship tore the league apart and I let him go 2 seasons later for almost 30m. I've also raided PSG's youth team on a yearly basis for 17/18 year olds that are pushing for first team football 2 years later. In on frees and out for nice big fees.

Mattias Kranevitter had a cob on with his club in Argentina in January while I was in the Champo and I managed to pick him up for 3m - what a ****ing bargain. He hadn't kicked on as much as he could have done had he gone to Europe earlier like he does on some saves but is still bossing my midfield, is captain for me and the Italy team I also manage.

My one sidestep has been at left back this season when in desperation I listened to my scout and spent 12m on a left back called Wendell who at 27 is worse that my 19 year old English left back from Colchester who cost me nothing. I tried to compensate by buying another 'left back' who my scout loves and my assistant manager says is the 2nd best player at the club. However in my haste on deadline day I didn't actually check if he could play left back. In actuality he can only play LWB or ML neither of which I play with. I'm persevering with the fecker at LB until he learns.

Only started this save in August. Love the instant result feature so much. 

I'm a cretin

Started a save with Kasimpasa in Turkey's top flight, hired Damian Comolli as DOF and started signing all these boss aging Africans that still have it, made a cracking side - then had a look and saw that I can't have any more than 5 foreigners (non-Turkish) in the starting eleven.

****ing delete game and move on, what a waste of an evening yesterday was.

Like the sad act I am I spent countless hours editing the stats of PL players to realistic levels. Get sick of seeing Balotelli Lukaku Falcao and Welbeck get 25+ goals a piece on the first season consistently for eg. Heaps of players massively underrated on the game too. Man Utd and Everton are far too good 14/15 season for my liking. Pre the Jan update, Southampton, Swansea, Palace and Stoke were always pretty terrible on the game too. Naturally made most edits on LCFC. Felt a bit dirty after though.

I'm at Gateshead now, bottom of the premier league. Only about 6 points behind the teams in front of me but I don't know if I can pull it back. Hopefully the board gives me more transfer budget (it's January) so I can get some solid players. My expectation is "to bravely fight relegation" does that mean if I get relegated I won't be sacked? I know with this team I can bring then straight back up easily. I have most f them on long contracts anyway.

I'm Stuttgart and one of my players complained that the squad lacks depth. In 2025 the bundesliga is 4th in the rankings and is really easy. I've been here two years and have an 80% win rate. I haven't lost now for about 30 games. We're pissing it, and yet the complaints about squad depth have spread and now everyone is unhappy. It's ridiculous that the whole squad is unhappy with the strength of the squad considering we're destroying the league.

Apart from that, Germany is too easy. Stuttgart were 14th when I took over and we instantly started winning most games, I've spent less than I've earned in the transfer market and cut the wage bill. It shouldn't be this easy.

I'm Stuttgart and one of my players complained that the squad lacks depth. In 2025 the bundesliga is 4th in the rankings and is really easy. I've been here two years and have an 80% win rate. I haven't lost now for about 30 games. We're pissing it, and yet the complaints about squad depth have spread and now everyone is unhappy. It's ridiculous that the whole squad is unhappy with the strength of the squad considering we're destroying the league.

Apart from that, Germany is too easy. Stuttgart were 14th when I took over and we instantly started winning most games, I've spent less than I've earned in the transfer market and cut the wage bill. It shouldn't be this easy.

The best one I ever had was a player kicking off about his lack of first team football. 

It was 2 weeks after the end of the season. 

Archived