Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dance4Life

Nick Powell

A transfer that could work out very nicely. Anyone have a clue how much you think he would cost? 2 million? Or 15m because he's English.

Currently valued at £5m, but I don't trust Transfermarkt that much. The actual sum could be well below that.

Is he a central midfielder?

He can play in the middle, but from what I've heard, he's more suitable for an attacking midfielder position.

You're right, my bad.

Sill, having gone through the trials and tribulations at Manchester United (like James and Drinkwater) will have probably affected his playing style to a certain extent - even though he's been brought up at Crewe.

Call it the "Manchester Flair". :D

Remember the last two midfielders we signed from Crewe?

Currently valued at £5m, but I don't trust Transfermarkt that much. The actual sum could be well below that.

He can play in the middle, but from what I've heard, he's more suitable for an attacking midfielder position.

So he should fit in that attacking mid role that Andy King was playing in towards the end of the season?

He plays the role King has adopted over the last 4 games.

Arguably a very similar player. He's not particularly pacy, but he'll pop up around the box and play balls through. He's gifted, but I don't know if he's really a lot better than King?

I'll always remember watching his goal against Cheltenham in the League 2 play-off final, and his all round performance, and thinking this boy could go far. Seems to have hit a stumbling block in his development once he joined United but with the right guidance he could be a top 6 Premier League player for sure. Just hope he doesn't want too big wages. 

I'll always remember watching his goal against Cheltenham in the League 2 play-off final, and his all round performance, and thinking this boy could go far. Seems to have hit a stumbling block in his development once he joined United but with the right guidance he could be a top 6 Premier League player for sure. Just hope he doesn't want too big wages.

I was at that game, and he practically won that game for Crewe single handily at the age of 18. I think he would be a great addition and still has a lot of potential to fulfil.

For me we have good ex Man U players, who have had a better championship season than Powell, and are unproven in the premier league.

For me a player around mid twenties, that has played in a top division for a season or two would be a better option.

Archived