Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Philly Fox

USA Foxes

With Arlo White commentating!

When next are the tv rights for the FA Cup changing? I hope NBC try to get them. They'd have one on NBCSN and one on USA. Simple.

Tomorrow's match will hopefully be an arrival party for the Foxes in the U.S. - would love to see some positive momentum come from the big stage we're offered. 

With Arlo White commentating!

When next are the tv rights for the FA Cup changing? I hope NBC try to get them. They'd have one on NBCSN and one on USA. Simple.

I don't have a problem with Fox's soccer coverage (I actually I love me some Alexi Lalas) but why the hell can I not watch the FA Cup game I want? NBC's live extra, though frustrating, let's me watch whatever league game I so choose. Fox own the rights to the FA Cup, but they don't bother making all the games available.

I don't have a problem with Fox's soccer coverage (I actually I love me some Alexi Lalas) but why the hell can I not watch the FA Cup game I want? NBC's live extra, though frustrating, let's me watch whatever league game I so choose. Fox own the rights to the FA Cup, but they don't bother making all the games available.

I believe it has something to do with this Fox not actually owning the rights to the FA Cup.

NBC holds the rights to EPL games in the US, so they give Americans the option to watch every game, where as if you were in the UK you wouldn't be able to pull up the live extra (same reason why they will not show 100% of games on TV in the UK as well)

With FOX I think they are just showing the one game that is being shown on TV in the UK, so they don't fully have the rights.

Edited by NYCFox

I think there was 60 odd games in the last round, it wouldn't be practical to televise them all.

I don't have a problem with Fox's soccer coverage (I actually I love me some Alexi Lalas) but why the hell can I not watch the FA Cup game I want? NBC's live extra, though frustrating, let's me watch whatever league game I so choose. Fox own the rights to the FA Cup, but they don't bother making all the games available.

But at least you could use Fox Sports Go (or FS1, FS2, and FS Plus) to switch between the games they did have. They had three Saturday 3pm kickoff game live at the same time, which isn't bad, and I was able to switch back and forth between them.

Sorry to all you US fellow Fox fans for my comments in the how was your day thread a couple of days ago ... Only messing !! Love you all really ! Up the City !

I didn't even see it, so my pitchforks and torches are still in my shed.
  • Like 1

Anyone else realize how many Leicester references Arlo makes in games that we're not playing in?

This morning:

"Phil Jones in in the Manchester United stands, just like Danny Drinkwater did earlier this year."

"Jurgen Klopp is a very animated manager, just like Martin O'Neil."

He did bail himself out with the MON reference naming about 4 clubs he's managed.

Sorry to all you US fellow Fox fans for my comments in the how was your day thread a couple of days ago ... Only messing !! Love you all really ! Up the City !

How could you have an issue with us? The users that are annoying me lately are the one's that are writing novellas.

I was actually disappointed with Arlo yesterday. Way too much enthusiasm when Villa equalized.

Villa leveling is a great story and he's paid to be an impartial commentator. I thought he was spot on. I thought his use of the word "comeuppance" was perfect to describe the situation.

How could you have an issue with us? The users that are annoying me lately are the one's that are writing novellas.

Sorry NewEngland I've just got far too much time on my hands at the moment ... Especially as it's raining and there's only so much beer you can drink in a day. Good user name by the way !

On NBCSN, probably in 15 minutes, "Tactics Session" will be covering some "lesser known Leicester players"

Actually right now.

Drinky and Kante.

And Huth and Morgan

Only a couple minutes in total. They said the team has the best work ethic in PL history.

Edited by FireFox

The one weekend FS1 doesn't show Bayern Munich is when Hoffenheim plays them. Stupid FA cup.

It's on Fox Soccer 2GO / Fox Soccer + but I refuse to pay for it now as most games are crappy.

Out of interest (speaking of crappy soccer!) how many of you also follow MLS? I used to go to a fair number of Dynamo games but really stopped even paying attention in the last couple of years. Watched the New York derby on TV because of Pirlo but that's it. Despite having a season ticket in Houston, I never saw Beckham. Guess he figured it was too hot to come here!

It's on Fox Soccer 2GO / Fox Soccer + but I refuse to pay for it now as most games are crappy.

Out of interest (speaking of crappy soccer!) how many of you also follow MLS? I used to go to a fair number of Dynamo games but really stopped even paying attention in the last couple of years. Watched the New York derby on TV because of Pirlo but that's it. Despite having a season ticket in Houston, I never saw Beckham. Guess he figured it was too hot to come here!

Fox Sport 2, Soccer2Go, or + isn't even an option with Comcast, which is such a joke, like, "your coverage is crap, but please, take my money."

I've tried to watch a few Chicago Fire games recently... it is dire... unwatchable.  Worse than the Woman's World Cup in my opinion. I'm hoping the league will get better in the next couple years because it is just an awful introduction to the sport for most Americans.