Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Philly Fox

USA Foxes

I watch a fair bit of MLS, though I actually probably watch the Premier League more. I've followed the league for a while now.

I went to 9 or 10 NYCFC games. Yankee Stadium is really easy for me to get to by train, plus I got tickets to a few games from my friends that are season ticket holders when they were out of town. I can't possibly go to every game, so I won't buy season tickets.

Yankee Stadium isn't ideal for soccer, and NYCFC were terrible in their first year (underneath it all, they were still an expansion team), but I still had a great time at the games.

I also watched a lot of NYCFC games on TV, and caught some other teams on TV when I could, though I often don't go out of my way to watch.

I'm not going to wait until MLS or NYCFC gets on a level that fans that only watch European leagues on TV say is OK (and even then, I'm sure they'll have something else to complain about) and have it pass me by, especially not when there's a good time to be had at the games.

As for FireFox's post, it was amazing that even the die hard a watched the Fire last year, because they were terrible. And the Women's World Cup was great to watch. Aside from a couple of group-stage blowouts, the only thing that was poor (even on the artificial turf) was when the USA played a dull style to accommodate Abby Wambach.

I have FS1/FS2 but don't pay for the Fox Soccer stuff.

I'm 3 hours from the closest MLS team so it's not convenient to go. I went to a game in Salt Lake City in 2010 and it was a great time. The combination of the full stadium, band, impassioned Mexicans, and streamers blew my mind. I was like, where are we?

I'll watch a random MLS game or part of a random game if I happen to be in front of the TV but I don't plan for it.

I went to 9 or 10 NYCFC games. Yankee Stadium is really easy for me to get to by train, plus I got tickets to a few games from my friends that are season ticket holders when they were out of town. I can't possibly go to every game, so I won't buy season tickets.

Yankee Stadium isn't ideal for soccer, and NYCFC were terrible in their first year (underneath it all, they were still an expansion team), but I still had a great time at the games.

Meet you at The Dugout before games!

Edited by NYCFox

I have FS1/FS2 but don't pay for the Fox Soccer stuff.

I'm 3 hours from the closest MLS team so it's not convenient to go. I went to a game in Salt Lake City in 2010 and it was a great time. The combination of the full stadium, band, impassioned Mexicans, and streamers blew my mind. I was like, where are we?

I'll watch a random MLS game or part of a random game if I happen to be in front of the TV but I don't plan for it.

I'm in the Barra Brava for DC United, and even though we have a shitty stadium, it's a great experience and ticket prices are very affordable (one fear once DCU moves to new stadium in 2017).

I won't really watch MLS on TV b/c I know the quality is poor, but the in-game experience is fantastic.

Ahh man, even with all the talk about Arsenal away being moved, I completely skipped over the kickoff time being 7 am over here and didn't even realize it until I read your post. :(

At least I'll have Tuesday afternoon free, and I'll be up early on Saturday anyway to work a few hours and can watch the game on my phone before I start.

The Arsenal game is on at 6 AM. Fvck me.

Normally i try to be up an hour before kick-off for team news, but I don't know if I can do 5 AM.

These games are rough. Hoping I can play hooky with work on Tuesday afternoon (a good soccer bar is two blocks away) and that I can wake up early enough Saturday.

They're starting to take us seriously now...

Still all about the "next two games" as everyone else is saying, but zlowly, zlowly they are taking us seriously.

ESPN FC's lead host was prattling on and on about how Tottenham should be the favorites to win the league after today...and two of his fellow hosts essentially told him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. It's definitely a slow process. 

Just a heads up for any NC foxes in Raleigh (even though its been a year since living there for me) but the London Bridge Pub is a great place to watch.

They always catered to me and the only other Leicester fan, even though it was technically Liverpool Raleigh's meet up.

They had a TV for us while 20-30 Liverpool fans yelled. (as well as any other game you wanted to watch)

The owners are great and since leaving I believe they've expanded. 

If you're ever in town check it out.

Edited by NYCFox

Premier League TV have interviewed us twice recently which we gather is shown by NBC.

Just in discussion with them on a more extended feature, so will post again when have more details

That's really cool. I will definitely check this out when it airs I'd imagine Roger Bennett is behind this?

Premier League TV have interviewed us twice recently which we gather is shown by NBC.

Just in discussion with them on a more extended feature, so will post again when have more details

That's really cool. I will definitely check this out when it airs I'd imagine Roger Bennett is behind this?

Please no, #TheCurseOfRog is real (unless he interviews an injured Kasper Schmeichel, in which case it has the opposite affect).

• Like 1

How is it that when my alarm goes off at 6 for me to go to the gym during the week I am barely able to get up and have to set three alarms, but when Leicester plays at 6:45, I'm up and going at 5:45 with one alarm?

Up the city!

• Like 1