Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

MLS

On 08/10/2019 at 20:48, Bridge said:

It's been a long drawn out depressing season for my Timbers..It'll all be over soon.

I've been following the Timbers for a few years now, ever since Leicester sent Jack Barmby out there on loan (They're also the club where Kasey Keller started his career!), They're certainly not an easy team to follow. This season went pretty much the same as last, poor for most of the year and sneaking into the playoffs at the last minute. Very were lucky to make it to the final last season and got what we deserved this year. Valeri and Chara both a couple of seasons past their best now. Is there anything good coming through the youth system there?

Edited by TiffToff88

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah really enjoyed it.  Must say I really enjoy watching the MLS, you'll get the football snobs who'll say the quality isn't great and they don't watch it as a result and on the former that's true but most of the matches are exciting and filled with goals.

Tbf Its probably Scottish football standard so not much of a change from your regular football habits ;)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Who's the team to watch this season? And which ground is known for an atmosphere on match day? 

Over in the States for the majority of Sept and Oct and wouldn't mind seeing a few matches across the country. 

Hard to bet against LAFC, who should have won it last season. Seattle is always up there in the West.

NYFC and Atlanta should both be up there again in the East.

Portland have a great atmosphere along with Seattle, which also makes for a good derby.

Hoping Toronto FC can be up there again. Also pretty good home fans.

• Thanks 1

On 29/02/2020 at 13:13, EastAnglianFox said:

Who's the team to watch this season? And which ground is known for an atmosphere on match day? 

Over in the States for the majority of Sept and Oct and wouldn't mind seeing a few matches across the country. 

On 29/02/2020 at 16:12, spacemunky said:

Hard to bet against LAFC, who should have won it last season. Seattle is always up there in the West.

NYFC and Atlanta should both be up there again in the East.

Portland have a great atmosphere along with Seattle, which also makes for a good derby.

Hoping Toronto FC can be up there again. Also pretty good home fans.

I'd have said Atlanta too but losing Martinez probably for the whole season is a huge miss.. 

LAFC or Seattle are your next best teams for entertainment. Vela and Ruidiaz respectively for those sides are probably the best players in the league. 

Giovinco was good for Toronto and also made them very good to watch but don't think he's there any more? 

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

Giovinco was good for Toronto and also made them very good to watch but don't think he's there any more? 

Gio is in Saudi Arabia now. Miss him.

Pozuelo is the man here now at TFC. Got him from Genk and he's been terrific.

Edited by spacemunky

The Montreal Impact confirmed the transfer of Victor Wanyama from Tottenham Hotspur on Tuesday, signing the Kenya midfielder as the club's latest Designated Player.

There was no transfer fee for the player.

The 28-year-old Wanyama made 97 appearances for Spurs over four seasons since signing from Southampton in 2017.

On 01/03/2020 at 23:36, spacemunky said:

Torn ACL for Josef Martinez in Atlanta's opener. Massive blow for them.

Season ending injury on the opening day?! Absolutely gutted for the lad, its no secret that i'm a big admirer of his. Would love to have seen him in the Premier League next season but can't see that happening now!

• 9 months later...

How about that Crew from Columbus, Ohio!

This is the best American manager you all have never heard of.  He could become the best ever.  Caleb Porter has built a lifetime CV in a single decade:

Caleb.JPG.74675fb25cd604911985d40ea38a04f0.JPG

University of Akron (one NCAA title and one runner up)

Portland Timbers (MLS Champions)

Columbus Crew (MLS Champions)

Those two Ohio sides were anything but favorites.  But they were sound, exciting, and well coached.  I would love to see what Porter could do in the Championship -- and then higher.  He’s a classy dude.

• 3 months later...

Right, new MLS season starting soon. I've been getting more and more interested in it over the last few seasons due to the unique and amazing atmospheres so I've decided that this year is the year to pick a team. 

Who better that the club starting their first ever season, Austin FC. 

I’ll stick with Orlando City as I got to go to 3 of their games a few years ago when on holiday there. Even bought a white away jersey which I still have. Kaka was their star man back then...Now Nani. 

36 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Some absolutely superb kits in the MLS for this season 

Very expensive kits....Orlando Adidas home kit with all badges and name on back $179.99 ...that’s about £130 😱😱