Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

3 hours ago, los dedos said:

Maybe we paid £5 Million for a £30 Million pound player?

3 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

That helped us win the premier league or u could go has far has say we wouldn't of won it without him so i would say buying him for 5 million was the best bit of business this club has ever done 

For all we know he could of refused to sign for us without the release clause...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

That helped us win the premier league or u could go has far has say we wouldn't of won it without him so i would say buying him for 5 million was the best bit of business this club has ever done 

Or Kasper + vardy + mahrez for about £3 millions

39 minutes ago, the fox said:

Or Kasper + vardy + mahrez for about £3 millions

Yes but i would put kante above all them has i think he was the real world class player that in my opinion would get in any team in the world has good has kasper vardy and marhez have bin for us couldn't say the same about them getting in any team in the world 

Kante has been cosying up to our squad a bit too much in the past few weeks.... Zero contact for months, then suddenly comes over to watch Sevilla (H), and pays a personal visit to the team hotel during Palace (A)... Let's hope he was doing that out of the goodness of his own heart (or trying to win over PFA votes) rather than being sent on an undercover mission from Conte to have a private word with our boys who they'd like to steal..

Edited by brucey

52 minutes ago, MPH said:

For all we know he could of refused to sign for us without the release clause...

I'm not itk but i'm sure this was the case.It seemed like he wanted to go Marseille and was "pushed" to come here by his agent.

I've seen it myself football clubs promising to let a player go for x amount or if a higher league came then going back on their word and trapping the player at club.

Edited by los dedos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Kante has been cosying up to our squad a bit too much in the past few weeks.... first coming to watch Sevilla (H), then paying a personal visit to the team hotel during Palace (A)... Let's hope he was doing that out of the goodness of his own heart (or trying to win over PFA votes) rather than being sent on an undercover mission from Conte to have a private word with our boys who they'd like to steal..

I really hope this is fishing.

13 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Yes but i would put kante above all them has i think he was the real world class player that in my opinion would get in any team in the world has good has kasper vardy and marhez have bin for us couldn't say the same about them getting in any team in the world 

How many years did mahrez, Kasper and vardy serve this club? To say kantè's deal was better than £1.4 million for 41 goals and 17 assists in one season is just outrageous.

I don't care how good he is, if we are talking about what he did for this club, Kasper, mahrez and vardy are above him.

I know people here will get mad about this, but for me, he is not a club legend. One of the best to ever play in a Leicester shirt?, yes! But for me he isn't a a club legend.

13 minutes ago, the fox said:

How many years did mahrez, Kasper and vardy serve this club? To say kantè's deal was better than £1.4 million for 41 goals and 17 assists in one season is just outrageous.

I don't care how good he is, if we are talking about what he did for this club, Kasper, mahrez and vardy are above him.

I know people here will get mad about this, but for me, he is not a club legend. One of the best to ever play in a Leicester shirt?, yes! But for me he isn't a a club legend.

Last season was a team of legends, not so much about individuals but more about the sum of the parts. There were stand out players, some who may go on to become club legends. I think a legend at a football club must be defined by a certain period of longevity, and certainly not one wonderful season. Just my opinion. 

19 minutes ago, the fox said:

Yes but the argument was the best bit of business and for me he is the best player to ever play for Leicester and will go on has the only Leicester player to ever be truly world class so that to me means the best bit of business we have ever done dont get me wrong all them other deals were amazing just kantes was even better because we signed a truly world class player for 5 million 

9 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Last season was a team of legends, not so much about individuals but more about the sum of the parts. There were stand out players, some who may go on to become club legends. I think a legend at a football club must be defined by a certain period of longevity, and certainly not one wonderful season. Just my opinion. 

So, we agree on that matter. Good to know that some people here can get their emotions out of the way of a logical judgment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Yes but the argument was the best bit of business and for me he is the best player to ever play for Leicester and will go on has the only Leicester player to ever be truly world class so that to me means the best bit of business we have ever done dont get me wrong all them other deals were amazing just kantes was even better because we signed a truly world class player for 5 million 

How does kantè playing good for other teams have anything to do with us. He can go on to be the best player in history for all that I care. We got 1 great season out of him and that's all, the other 3 have more than 10 years combined as city players.

Edited by the fox

Just now, the fox said:

How does kantè playing good for other teams have anything to do with us. He can go on to be the best player in history for all that I care. We got 1 great season out of him and that's all, the other 3 have more than 10 years combined as city player.

It doesn't matter all im saying is we payed 5 million for a world class player for me thats the best bit of business we have done vardy marhez or kasper are not world class and never will be not to say they wasn't amazing buys and have done amazing things for this club i just think the MAIN reason we won the premier league was because of kante not the only reason but 1 of the main reasons 

4 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

It doesn't matter all im saying is we payed 5 million for a world class player for me thats the best bit of business we have done vardy marhez or kasper are not world class and never will be not to say they wasn't amazing buys and have done amazing things for this club i just think the MAIN reason we won the premier league was because of kante not the only reason but 1 of the main reasons 

2 of those 3 can easily be world class, put Kasper in a top 4 team and he will be branded "world class" in no time, same goes for mahrez. But I think vardy's window is a little smaller because of his age

You saying that mahrez and Kasper can't be world class is weird.

8 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

P.u.n.c.t.u.a.t.i.o.n next time please!

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

2 of those 3 can easily be world class, put Kasper in a top 4 team and he will be branded "world class" in no time, same goes for mahrez. But I think vardy's window is a little smaller because of his age

I know you have a slight obsession with Mahrez, but I do agree with you here. If, as the player of the year, winning the richest (and arguably best) league with a rank outsider doesn't warrant a world class tag, then what does it take?

Edited by shen

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

Im saying no way are kasper or marhez world class but you have ur own opinion world class is a word that gets branded around to much for players i would say there are only 20 or so players in the

Word who are and kante is 1 of them 

6 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Stupid comment 

I heard it a few times last summer by a few people and also a few on here say it was good business at the time. 

Was obvious even last summer that Kante was valued a lot more than what we sold him for. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Chelsea got an absolute bargain with him. 

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Kante has been cosying up to our squad a bit too much in the past few weeks.... Zero contact for months, then suddenly comes over to watch Sevilla (H), and pays a personal visit to the team hotel during Palace (A)... Let's hope he was doing that out of the goodness of his own heart (or trying to win over PFA votes) rather than being sent on an undercover mission from Conte to have a private word with our boys who they'd like to steal..

I think they have mobile phones mate. 

11 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

I heard it a few times last summer by a few people and also a few on here say it was good business at the time. 

Was obvious even last summer that Kante was valued a lot more than what we sold him for. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Chelsea got an absolute bargain with him. 

He was worth at least £65m. Best midfielder in the country last season. £32m is a bargain. In isolation buying a player for £5m and selling for £30m is good business. But the player was worth at least double unfortunately. 

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

He was worth at least £65m. Best midfielder in the country last season. £32m is a bargain. In isolation buying a player for £5m and selling for £30m is good business. But the player was worth at least double unfortunately. 

Yes easily worth that kind of money, he could of quite easily won PFA last season (was difficult decision between Kante, Mahrez and even Vardy) and is a rare player in regards to the 'makalele role'

Turning £5m into £30m does look good business but knowing the players potential/ability you know it really wasn't. We got lucky finding a player of his calibre so cheap but we should of been forced to sell at a ridiculous price especially to a PL rival. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Im saying no way are kasper or marhez world class but you have ur own opinion world class is a word that gets branded around to much for players i would say there are only 20 or so players in the

Word who are and kante is 1 of them 

Do you think kantè is a top 20 in the world?

Is he better than than one of :

Messi, Rinaldo, Suarez, bale, neymar, modric, kroos, iniesta, thiago, Vidal, chiellini, neuer, lewa, higuain,Ramos, griezmann, hazard/Sanchez, verratti, Godin, boateng/kun/kdb

(/ means "or")

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

Do you think kantè is a top 20 in the world?

Is he better than than one of :

Messi, Rinaldo, Suarez, bale, neymar, modric, kroos, iniesta, thiago, Vidal, chiellini, neuer, lewa, higuain,Ramos, griezmann, hazard/Sanchez, verratti, Godin, boateng/kun/kdb

(/ means "or")

Yes because hes the best cdm in the world name me 1 better

Edited by lcfcdamo

10 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Yes because hes the best cdm in the world name me 1 better

Those are ballon d'or winners, champions league winners, world cup winners, euro winners, copa America winners and been doing it on the highest level for so long, kante still has a long way to go. Call me when he does it on the international stage.

Just because you are the best player in a position doesn't mean you should be top 20, you could notice that I didn't put any fullback on the list even tho alaba is a world class player.

Edited by the fox