Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

2 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

Just seen Knockeart's goal v. Derby on TV...Wow

Also saw Cambiasso and Inler hugging and chatting like old pals at the end of the Olympiakos and Besiktas game yesterday...loved to have known what was said

Probably where to eat out in Istanbul next week after the Besiktas - Olympiacos match.

7 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

Just seen Knockeart's goal v. Derby on TV...Wow

Also saw Cambiasso and Inler hugging and chatting like old pals at the end of the Olympiakos and Besiktas game yesterday...loved to have known what was said

Sharing hairstyling tips I'd guess.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Just seen on BBC website that Knocky and Chris Wood are 2 of the 3 nominations for Championship player of the year....We trained them well ? The third is Dwight Gayle 

Our scouting team really knew its salt

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Who?

Sorry, didn't play for us.

But had been sure he was in our squad as a loanee at some point one season but never actually played? :S

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Sorry, didn't play for us.

But had been sure he was in our squad as a loanee at some point one season but never actually played? :S

If you mean the young Manchester United striker, his recent loan spell was at Derby (and Brighton before that). He's now back at his original club and out for the season due to a serious knee injury.

33 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

http://leicestermercury.co.uk/david-nugent-talks-about-missing-out-on-leicester-city-s-title-winning-season/story-30239223-detail/story.html

Good read from Nuge there saying how much he misses the club, also mentions the togetherness of the squad during his time here and that he's a Leicester fan!

Still probably my all time favourite city player. Was a great player on and off the pitch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

http://leicestermercury.co.uk/david-nugent-talks-about-missing-out-on-leicester-city-s-title-winning-season/story-30239223-detail/story.html

Good read from Nuge there saying how much he misses the club, also mentions the togetherness of the squad during his time here and that he's a Leicester fan!

Looking forward to picking up 'the fox' tomorrow and getting to read the full article in there.

On 29/03/2017 at 08:18, lgfualol said:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39248977 nice article about lil ngolo

Very good read....  when he first emerged at Leicester, I and pretty much everyone else on here, recognised that he was an amazing talent...

the press whacked on about Vardy and Mahrez, and then, come February, it became trendy to talk about Kante... demonstrating that people were not really watching what we were doing but simply listening to and regurgitating what others were saying...

now its ok, they can have a field day on his qualities (neatly summarised in this article by the way) as everyone else is saying it

itll be some months before people start to recognise what we all see in Ndidi...  he'll play out of his skin tomorrow and still won't get a mention on MOTD

25 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Very good read....  when he first emerged at Leicester, I and pretty much everyone else on here, recognised that he was an amazing talent...

the press whacked on about Vardy and Mahrez, and then, come February, it became trendy to talk about Kante... demonstrating that people were not really watching what we were doing but simply listening to and regurgitating what others were saying...

now its ok, they can have a field day on his qualities (neatly summarised in this article by the way) as everyone else is saying it

itll be some months before people start to recognise what we all see in Ndidi...  he'll play out of his skin tomorrow and still won't get a mention on MOTD

early days still - he doesn't read the game like NG ?  who does? wilf is too young to have learnt that. it should also be noted that NG has an accountancy degree - he is clever -  that helps.  the other thing that NG does is to play first time passes on interception which turns the play around faster than the defence can cope with. too many think he is just a bog standard defensive midfielder.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

early days still - he doesn't read the game like NG ?  who does? wilf is too young to have learnt that. it should also be noted that NG has an accountancy degree - he is clever -  that helps.  the other thing that NG does is to play first time passes on interception which turns the play around faster than the defence can cope with. too many think he is just a bog standard defensive midfielder.

To to be fair, he's also about 4 years younger...

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

I wasn't straight away sold.

I thought he was a bit naïve. He clearly had the ability but you could just tell that he was a young lad. I thought we'd have to wait a year or two to see him come out of his shell a bit but it only took him a few games to properly settle.

Against Liverpool and Sevilla he was unreal and I really do think he's got the world at his feet. He can be as good as he wants. He's carried Drinkwater (an international and one of the main reasons we won the Premier League last year) back into form.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I'm not comparing WN to Kante in the way they play the game... we'll leave that to the press!!! (Didn't know that NG was a trained accountant?)

I was making the comparison in relation to press reporting.... it took ages for others to start mentioning NG in the same breath as Vardy/ Mahrez when it was clear to me that he as just as fundamental to delivering our style of play.   For me WN is a great talent and think he has the core attributes to become an absolute beast of player and he's showing that in spades at the moment..  enough to warrant some passing comment on MOTD maybe?

Agree on all the poimts you make, other than there is a groundswell of NG love in the press and he's no longer being perceived as a big standard defensive midfielder....

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I wasn't straight away sold.

I thought he was a bit naïve. He clearly had the ability but you could just tell that he was a young lad. I thought we'd have to wait a year or two to see him come out of his shell a bit but it only took him a few games to properly settle.

Against Liverpool and Sevilla he was unreal and I really do think he's got the world at his feet. He can be as good as he wants. He's carried Drinkwater (an international and one of the main reasons we won the Premier League last year) back into form.

I was!!!  Although he seems to have grown in stature since the rest of the team has decided to turn up, so, your summary is probably fair