Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

2 hours ago, Channy'sboots said:

Gary Mills leads York City to FA Trophy at Wembley. Good man and good luck to him next season in the National League NORTH .

Shame they went down. 

Also Graham Fenton also a Wembley winner today with South Shields in fa vase or similar 

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Had young master Piper on the radio today ...     I remember playing with his dad, the original 'Pipes' and winning a 5-a-side tournament ...     got a pic somewhere ...   we also had 'Corty' in the team ...   his boy plays a bit of golf and is quite well known in these parts.    We all worked at Corahs. 

Pipes Snr is still a ref down at Goals in Leicester. Top bloke, you can have a good laugh with. Loses count of the score sometimes though lol 

• Like 2

On 5/14/2017 at 11:53, MC Prussian said:

Kramaric now stands at 15 goals and eight assists in 33 league games. And will likely be playing Champions League next season - Hoffenheim are on par with Borussia Dortmund (61 points), with one match still to play. Amazing what a change of scenery can do for you.

Glad for him, you could see he had class. Still can't work out why he wasn't given a proper chance here. Probably be wondering the same about Gray in a season or two.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2017 at 06:21, Aus Fox said:

Jonny Hayes might get another shot at the Championship with Birmingham. Can't believe he is now a full international. 

He always did look like there was a player there.

Interesting that he is one of those footballers who are not massive football fans, views it as just a job and would much rather be a jockey.

Just now, Thracian said:

Didn't see it, but what's a centre-back doing taking a penalty?  

It was a proper centre half's penalty as well Thrac. Leaning back, smashed over the bar. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Can't remember what game it was but Jonny Hayes was playing for us and actually seemed fairly direct and lively which made a distinct change at the time and I remember him hitting one cross so ****ing hard it sounded like a gun going off or the old International Superstar Soccer games. 

I remember when he came on once. We had been starved of any real quality for years. He took it to the byline and delivered a quality ball (no one was in the middle). There was actually an oooh from the crowd. I think it was the year we went down and my mate turned to me and said, how shit have we become that we are actually surprised our left winger can cross the ball. Bad times. So how much are we asking for Riyad again? Times change.

3 minutes ago, isaidno said:

can't remember him playing for us. Was he a Martin Allen signing ? 

Yes, but I had to look  in the forum's history section to check.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/players?pid=84

Player profile

Irish winger Hayes was brought over to England by Reading but never managed a first-team outing for the Royals, instead going out on-loan to MK Dons and Forest Green Rovers.

It was the Dubliner's links with the Dons that saw him come to Leicester - Foxes boss Martin Allen was the man who took him to Milton Keynes. He was fast but often failed to produced a finished product, something which limited him to just the one start in a City shirt and six further appearances from the bench.

As with Allen's short stay at the club, Hayes's was short-lived, too, having failed to win over incoming boss Nigel Pearson. He was allowed to leave for first-team action to Northampton before being reunited with Allen for a third time during a loan move to Cheltenham Town.

Not surprisingly, Hayes saw his City contract terminated and he moved north of the border in search of more regular action, signing for Inverness.

Lee Cox signs up with Coalville Town.

That's quite a decline from playing in League 2 just over a year ago.

Obviously found something better than football as a career.