Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Tony Knockaert named Championship player of the year. Chris Wood second.

So pleased for Knockaert, really hope he gets a run with Brighton in the Premier League next season.

I think he's capable of playing in the PL, a big fan of him as a player!

Hope to see him tear it up and prove us wrong for letting him go! As long as its not against us!

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I think he's capable of playing in the PL, a big fan of him as a player!

Hope to see him tear it up and prove us wrong for letting him go! As long as its not against us!

At the time it was the best decision for all parties unfortunately. He really needed that extra year or two to mature and develop and in the position we were in we couldn't really afford him that time. Shame, because the last couple of games he played before he left he played really well if I remember rightly

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Tony Knockaert named Championship player of the year. Chris Wood second.

So pleased for Knockaert, really hope he gets a run with Brighton in the Premier League next season.

Knockaert and Wood this year.Vardy and Mahrez last year with Kante in line for a player of the year award. Then the likes of Kramaric tearing the Bundesliga up.

Not everyone was a success at our club but to me these awards just illustrate how well we have done as a club over the years. Something to consider with all the bad press lately.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Steady player! Broke his jaw on his debut against Borussia Monchengladbach (I think?)

Cheekbone I think? That's the first thing that sprang to my mind.

Martin Dahlin playing for Monchengladbach that day, after world cup 94.

On Wed Dec 14 2016 at 17:10, Paddy. said:

Gary Rowett had been sacked despite Brum lying seventh in the league. He's done a phenomenal job there with next to no resources.

His replacement? The managerial car crash that is Gianfranco Zola. That's just so typical of a lot of club owners. Bring on the big name regardless of the fact he can't manage to save his life. Why replace a bright young English manager with a guy who was a  great player but a consistent failure as a manager?

Well that went exactly as everyone bar Birmingham's owners knew it would. Stupid decision. 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2017 at 18:54, UpTheLeagueFox said:

David Lowe, assisting Tony Mowbray as coach at Blackburn. Won 1-0 at Forest today...

He scored a great goal against Spurs when we beat them 3-1 at Filbert Street

Edited by rico

26 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Schlupp jumped ship, gained a first team place and has now landed above us in the league. More motivation to beat the arse!

It's amazing how many people didn't rate him when he became cheesed off at the way he was treated after helping us win The Premiership (rather like Ulloa).

My guess is that was Ranieri's doing too. It's staggering how dramatically the mood seems to have changed at Leicester since he's gone. And how Schlupp has quickly become good enough to be first choice in another apparently upcoming Premiership team and good enough for an ex-England manager.  

Edited by Thracian
  • Like 2

On 08/04/2017 at 23:17, FireFox said:

Won 2-0

Played a back 5... with Hernandez at CB, not RWB like Claudio would have tried.

Totally different place and style of football. There's no way Hernandez would have been successful in The Premiership. He was an Inler type. Suited to nice warm countries where the ball has to do the work. He wasn't fast enough, brave enough or vigorous enough for Premiership football. Nothing against him - I'd have liked that kind of football too. I've just no idea why he was thought right for England, from what I saw of him.       

19 minutes ago, Thracian said:

It's amazing how many people didn't rate him when he became cheesed off at the way he was treated after helping us win The Premiership (rather like Ulloa).

My guess is that was Ranieri's doing too. It's staggering how dramatically the mood seems to have changed at Leicester since he's gone. And how Schlupp has quickly become good enough to be first choice in another apparently upcoming Premiership team and good enough for an ex-England manager.  

Claudio was clearly frustrated by him. you can see how Leo's attitude changed after CR left. He suddenly appeared smiling on the bench. Happy to be a squad player. Jeff wanted to go in August. He wants to play. Too many infront of him here on the left side. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Claudio was clearly frustrated by him. you can see how Leo's attitude changed after CR left. He suddenly appeared smiling on the bench. Happy to be a squad player. Jeff wanted to go in August. He wants to play. Too many infront of him here on the left side. 

Ummmmm - maybe but I'm not convinced it was that simple. A potential wage rise might have come into it for a start, bearing some relation to the monies being paid to unproven new signings who were sometimes being accommodated without showing any signs of being worth it.

36 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I don't think Shakey rates Schlupp either, he openly made a comment about Schlupp's inconsistency now being Palace's problem.

I think Schlupp is just about right for £12m. Impact sub LWB, good in relegation battles and when needing to chase/change a game.

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

I don't think Shakey rates Schlupp either, he openly made a comment about Schlupp's inconsistency now being Palace's problem.

I think Schlupp is just about right for £12m. Impact sub LWB, good in relegation battles and when needing to chase/change a game.

Not sure Shaky's acknowledgement of Schlupp's inconsistency equates to his "not rating him". It wasn't quite the impression I got from that interview and, in any case, those comments might have been tempered by the way Schlupp reacted to his disappointment this season which didn't do him any favours any more than Ulloa. .