Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

Schlupp is shit. I dont care what he does at Palace, we got a good price for a guy who's only attribute is running fast.

He's had good games for us but he's had some utter disgraceful performances for us as well (Chelsea, Porto). Lazy, disinterested. 

Schlupp is like Musa. Very fast but no technique and lacks a functioning brain.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

Schlupp is shit. I dont care what he does at Palace, we got a good price for a guy who's only attribute is running fast.

He's had good games for us but he's had some utter disgraceful performances for us as well (Chelsea, Porto). Lazy, disinterested. 

Schlupp is like Musa. Very fast but no technique and lacks a functioning brain.

Schlupp is still better than Musa 

5 hours ago, Thracian said:

It's amazing how many people didn't rate him when he became cheesed off at the way he was treated after helping us win The Premiership (rather like Ulloa).

My guess is that was Ranieri's doing too. It's staggering how dramatically the mood seems to have changed at Leicester since he's gone. And how Schlupp has quickly become good enough to be first choice in another apparently upcoming Premiership team and good enough for an ex-England manager.  

I was a rather too fanatical fan at times but now another wing back would be incredible to have. And I did hate how he became a punch bag for misguided frustration. I mean, he has his faults but the degree of anger seemed off.

• Like 1

Meh, Kante deserved it more last year, he was a much better player. The praise he's getting this year is OTT, he's done well but he's playing for a team who mostly dominate the ball, which doesn't give him chance to show his full array of qualities like he did at Leicester.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Congratulations to you, N'Golo! What a fantastic two years you've had so far!

Fully deserved.

When's the last time a player won back-to-back league titles with two different clubs?

Not happened in the Premier League era, not sure about prior to that.

Edited by Facecloth

Fair play to N'golo,Well Done!.....Still pains me everytime i see him in a Chelsea shirt though! :( 

But i still look at it as - If someone was to offer you one world class player for one season and you'd win the premiership, we ALL would of snatched there hand off!

42 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Congratulations to you, N'Golo! What a fantastic two years you've had so far!

Fully deserved.

When's the last time a player won back-to-back league titles with two different clubs?

Mark Schwarzer? (Chelsea/Leicester). Probably didn't play m(any) games though!

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Not happened in the Premier League era, not sure about prior to that.

i think Eric Cantona was last player to do it with Leeds and then Man Utd

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thracian said:

It's amazing how many people didn't rate him when he became cheesed off at the way he was treated after helping us win The Premiership (rather like Ulloa).

My guess is that was Ranieri's doing too. It's staggering how dramatically the mood seems to have changed at Leicester since he's gone. And how Schlupp has quickly become good enough to be first choice in another apparently upcoming Premiership team and good enough for an ex-England manager.  

I was one of Schlupp's great advocates but we done some great business selling him for £12m.

He has all the attributes to be a brilliant left back, he has great stamina, pace and strength and is good going forward. Jeff is now 24 and has been playing for seven seasons in first team professional games with over 150 appearances. At some point you have to say enough is enough and stop banging on about potential and you want to see progress. With Fuchs and Chilwell at the club as left backs and him unlikely to get ahead of Albrighton and Gray at left midfield then it was right to sell.

Schlupp still has the potential to be a top class full back if defending clicks with him but you can't hang on to players "just in case" when you get a good offer for them and they're nowhere near the first team.