Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I wasn't straight away sold.

I thought he was a bit naïve. He clearly had the ability but you could just tell that he was a young lad. I thought we'd have to wait a year or two to see him come out of his shell a bit but it only took him a few games to properly settle.

Against Liverpool and Sevilla he was unreal and I really do think he's got the world at his feet. He can be as good as he wants. He's carried Drinkwater (an international and one of the main reasons we won the Premier League last year) back into form.

Great post. I was a little skeptical at first. Not because I doubted his skill. But because I was wary after all the hype over our previous Kanté replacements. I'm still wary over such comparisons. But if he continues as like this we've really been gifted a truly excellent young midfielder - and I'm extremely grateful for anyone who can help Drinky back in form.

13 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Very good read....  when he first emerged at Leicester, I and pretty much everyone else on here, recognised that he was an amazing talent...

the press whacked on about Vardy and Mahrez, and then, come February, it became trendy to talk about Kante... demonstrating that people were not really watching what we were doing but simply listening to and regurgitating what others were saying...

now its ok, they can have a field day on his qualities (neatly summarised in this article by the way) as everyone else is saying it

itll be some months before people start to recognise what we all see in Ndidi...  he'll play out of his skin tomorrow and still won't get a mention on MOTD

Let's hope he doesn't get a mention on MOTD

The longer we can keep him under the radar the better.

• Like 1

Kram didn't suit our style.

Nor does Slim tbh.

Any chance we can nick Rashford to sit on our bench instead of Utds?

btw - I'm not joking. Apart from the fact I've questioned if there's a chance of signing somebody we won't be able to sign He should leave Utd though. 

Edited by Guest

Only goal in the game.

Hoffenheim look like they'll surely be in the Champions League next season. Second to 4th is tight though, hopefully they can avoid 4th and the qualifier.

Would love to get them in our group next season.

Kramaric scored a penalty in a 2-1 defeat to Hamburg. That was his 15th goal of the season, and Hoffenheim sit 3rd in the table on course to play Champions League next season. .

watched Brighton on Friday and had a good look at Knockaert for 90 mins, as I know some have suggested they would have him back.

To be honest, I saw some really good things and similar to what we saw when he played for us in the Championship. He works extremely hard and his desire and passion is fantastic. He still has all the good traits that I remember, with a good delivery and decent trickery, as well as a really good eye for goal.

On the downside, I saw a lot of the same limitations he had when he was with us. He lacks pace and agility and a number of times I saw him dribble the ball with his head down and right into 2 or 3 defenders, who easily took it off him and got a breakaway attack going. Something we all used to get frustrated with. 

I'm absolutely chuffed he will be back in the Premier League and I think he will get a fair chance at it with Brighton, as he has been their stand-out player this season. Similar to Chris Wood though, for all their success in the championship, I still see the same issues they had when they were with us and so have my doubts whether they can make the step up to be decent Premier League players. 

Prove me wrong Knocky! :blush:

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Luis Hernandez keeping tabs on Suarez this evening 

Malaga currently leading Barca 1-0

Won 2-0

Played a back 5... with Hernandez at CB, not RWB like Claudio would have tried.

9 hours ago, FireFox said:

Won 2-0

Played a back 5... with Hernandez at CB, not RWB like Claudio would have tried.

Feel kinda bad for him that Ranieri didn't give him any chances in his actual position. I think Hernandez took one look at Benny's Leicester career at the time and thought "**** that". 

• Like 1