Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yuki!

Anthony Knockaert

??? Only two can play in a 442...

Right, but the sentence made no sense to me. He does have competition this season, but so does Riyad and yet everybody's already talking about Knockaert losing his place to somebody who's just came into the squad and Riyad's already being set in stone. Why Knockaert?

That's not for me to decide but no doubt he has real competition this season.

He's not a guaranteed starter, Knocky, Rihad and Albrighton in to two wide positions does not go.

Don't forget we might play 4-5-1 next season and either one of those 3 could play behind the striker. That said, if we were to go 4-5-1 it's likely we'd go for one more central midfielder and keep it tight against the top sides and then when we're wanting to go at teams we'll go with our favoured 4-4-2.

I am a massive Knockaert fan and I hear people's frustrations with his decision making but it's funny how a lot of this is being said now we have Mahrez in whose everyone's golden boy. If you take a step back and look at Mahrez, he's much more direct in his style and can beat people for fun but he needs to improve on what he does with the ball in the final third just as much as Knockaert. Mahrez shooting can be abysmal. He's a great passer and his crossing looks useful too but he needs to decide when is the right time to shoot or provide. I've every confidence Riyad will go on to be top class, I hope Knockaert can join him which is possible with the maturity in his game.

Right, but the sentence made no sense to me. He does have competition this season, but so does Riyad and yet everybody's already talking about Knockaert losing his place to somebody who's just came into the squad and Riyad's already being set in stone. Why Knockaert?

It's not difficult to understand my point. Is Knockaert a guaranteed starter next season? No, he isn't, so how can he be our best player?

Will he definitely start against Everton? Hard to say. Is it possible Pearson will go with Mahrez and Albrighton on the wings? Yes it is.

It's not difficult to understand my point. Is Knockaert a guaranteed starter next season? No, he isn't, so how can he be our best player?

Will he definitely start against Everton? Hard to say. Is it possible Pearson will go with Mahrez and Albrighton on the wings? Yes it is.

In essence you're right, why wouldn't you start your best player. However, Vardy is by no means guaranteed to start and he is our best striker. The cream usually rises to the top so whoever starts will have to be on their best form to maintain their place.

Knockaert has started both seasons with us on the bench for the first half a dozen or more games, he may well find him in the same position again. On Sunday's display though, he looked very good and if he maintains that over pre-season then there's no reason for Nigel to not put his faith in him from the off. Albrighton is much more familiar in the PL than Mahrez and Tony. We could take a few teams by surprise early with the two flair boys.

When did I say that he was our best player? I said that he was our best player against Everton when he was playing.

And you're not understanding my point either. None of our best players are guaranteed to start next year. Nobody is. Vardy's our best striker but we also have other options and it's entirely possible we'll utilise them and not play Vardy. It's also entirely possible that Pearson will go with Knockaert and Albrighton on the wings, or stick with what worked so well last season and have both Knockaert and Mahrez playing, but instead everybody's already talking about Knockaert's place in the team being taken by somebody who, yes has premiership experience, but hasn't yet earned his position as a starter for us. If we're having that conversation now rather than once he's earnt it, why not include Mahrez in there too? He's certainly not our best player either and makes many of the same mistakes Knockaert does but also has a weaker shot most of the time.

When did I say that he was our best player? I said that he was our best player against Everton when he was playing.

And you're not understanding my point either. None of our best players are guaranteed to start next year. Nobody is. Vardy's our best striker but we also have other options and it's entirely possible we'll utilise them and not play Vardy. It's also entirely possible that Pearson will go with Knockaert and Albrighton on the wings, or stick with what worked so well last season and have both Knockaert and Mahrez playing, but instead everybody's already talking about Knockaert's place in the team being taken by somebody who, yes has premiership experience, but hasn't yet earned his position as a starter for us. If we're having that conversation now rather than once he's earnt it, why not include Mahrez in there too? He's certainly not our best player either and makes many of the same mistakes Knockaert does but also has a weaker shot most of the time.

We have to pick the best team, at times that won't include the best players.

38 games is a long time, players who start the season in the 1st 11, might not finish it in it. And the reverse is also true, a great player for us, or two may start on the bench.

Also don't forget it's just as important a manager can change a game from the bench as it is to start strongly.

All in all we have 3 very good players in Mahrez knocky and Albrighton. We are lucky to have those three, considering some of the guff we've had playing out wide before e.g hume

Going to be an exciting season up the city

he has given us some magic moments and nobody can accuse him of lack of effort

a hero on occasions but also the villain on many aswell 

he could be one of the best lcfc players if he stops ...

- giving the ball away*

- shooting wildly instead o passing*

- stays at lcfc long enough

*especially when other players are well positioned

i do hope he has learnt  and deserves a chance to prove that he indeed has ... probably get that chance from the bench now, especially against the top teams

Do I love him or hate him ? ... Yes

1 - Players who try things sometimes lose the ball, not everything comes off unless you're a top, top player.

2 - If he didn't do this he wouldn't have scored vs Huddersfield twice, hit the bar vs Burnley and Barnsley and so on. When it goes wrong you can point out other ways he should have used possession but when it comes off, don't you just feel great?!

I also find it unbelievable that he is being talked about as someone who is going to lose his place. Riyad has done very well since his it rival but is equally, if not more, wasteful than Anthony.

Knockeart is a flair player. Sometimes they lose it and sometimes create something brilliant, but what I like is how he can back a defender up without really doing anything and pull players in before moving it on. His ball retention has been so much better than last season but has sacrificed in my opinion his natural flair for the benefit of the team.

His technical ability and first touch is one the best I've ever seen, at any standard.

He needs to work on his defensive side of his game but I firmly believe that if a premier league club took a player from us, and could choose any, it would be the boy Tony.

There's no disputing he has great technical ability. The question is how do we benefit most from that ability. As a winger I think Riyad offers more, simply because of his uncomplicated wing play.

Knocky on the other hand can be entertaining and exciting but frustrating in equal amounts. For instance his Corners were dross against Everton yet he still insisted on taking them.

When did we last score from a Corner.

I think his best position could be in the Hole behind the Strikers. Holding the Ball and feeding others in while picking up the odd Goal and penalty with his close control.

He has improved greatly since he first arrived. Ball retention will be crucial in the Premiership I think he needs to keep developing and improving to convince Nigel that he's as safe a bet as the other options we now have. 

He didn't do that against Everton and looked the best player on the team

he did do one of his run and lose the ball right in the early stages but then played very well .. lets wait and see if he can be a consistent threat

dont get me wrong I want him to shine and run rings round teams, and has has the skills it do it - he could be our wonder player and I pray his mind catches up with his feet !

In essence you're right, why wouldn't you start your best player. However, Vardy is by no means guaranteed to start and he is our best striker. The cream usually rises to the top so whoever starts will have to be on their best form to maintain their place.

Knockaert has started both seasons with us on the bench for the first half a dozen or more games, he may well find him in the same position again. On Sunday's display though, he looked very good and if he maintains that over pre-season then there's no reason for Nigel to not put his faith in him from the off. Albrighton is much more familiar in the PL than Mahrez and Tony. We could take a few teams by surprise early with the two flair boys.

thought nugent was our best striker ?? more goals and assists 

1 - Players who try things sometimes lose the ball, not everything comes off unless you're a top, top player.

2 - If he didn't do this he wouldn't have scored vs Huddersfield twice, hit the bar vs Burnley and Barnsley and so on. When it goes wrong you can point out other ways he should have used possession but when it comes off, don't you just feel great?!

agreed but we cant afford to play him against the top teams if hes going to give them the ball and break down our attacks, its the losing the ball thing that detracts from his positive very dangerous play ...

As I said just before the end of last season, I thought his form wasn't great. 

He needs to learn, to pass at the right times, and be less greedy. Be greedy in the Premier League, think you can take about three players on, get the ball taken off you, you could be punished for it, in an instance.

Knocky is a positive player, and very skilful, but there were times last season when he really annoyed me, by overplaying too much. 

And yes against Everton, he did look good, but there were times when he took on players, then overplayed and got tackled, he could well set the Premier League alight, but despite being with us two season's now, he still has a lot of learning to do. The comparison to him and Mahrez, and why I think Mahrez is better is, he knows when to play the right pass, he can see things that others can't, even Knockaert at times, and he's far less greedy. 

thought nugent was our best striker ?? more goals and assists 

Vardy was more influential to our team as a whole last season in my opinion, that's not taking anything away from Nugent who is very important as well. We looked less dangerous in games when Vardy was missing, his pace is unstoppable at times. He also won the penalties for a good portion of Nugent's goals.

Archived