Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yuki!

Anthony Knockaert

agreed but we cant afford to play him against the top teams if hes going to give them the ball and break down our attacks, its the losing the ball thing that detracts from his positive very dangerous play ...

I'm hoping he may have learned from his mistakes against Man City last season in the Cup, as he was to blame for their first two goals, by needlessly giving the ball away, and we got punished.

However people saying if he always passed at the right time, and didn't try too much, not take as many playters on etc, you're pratcially describing Hazard.

This is why Knockaert currently plays for Leicester, yes he is skillsful, and very creative but he has a lot to learn, but time is on his side and I can see him playing top flight football for the the majority of his career, whether that be with Leicester or another team.

He will play one of the biggest parts in our hope to survive next season as he is unknown to other clubs and can create something out of nothing.

Knocky last season 

stats from lcfc.com

Player Stats Appearances (as sub): 48 (8)

Goals 7

Assists 5

Red cards: 0

Yellow cards: 6

tries hard, could do better !

Mahrez last season

stats from lcfc.com

Appearances (as sub): 19 (7)

Goals 3

Assists 4

Yellow cards: 0

tries less, does better

Taking the Stats listed above that means Riyadd had a higher success rate at 37% verus Knocky's 25% So what does that tell us Riyadd is more influential on the Team

or he's a better player than Knockaert. ? 

Sometimes the flexibility offered by players like Knockaert becomes their downfall. As they get labelled as not good enough to hold down a regular place in the team. 

If he can add the discipline of defending when necessary with better decision making when on the Ball. Then he undoubtedly has the talent to become the player we all hope

he can be for the Club and the Fans.  

The thing about Tony is that, though his game is by no means perfect, he has those little flashes of inspiration, genius and magic. That is going to be very valuable next season.

Totally agree, Players with his skill is what gets people off their seats. He just needs to be more productive with it. But more experience should bring that.

The problem for managers is that they either have to be indulged for the occasions when they produce or become impact players when looking for that piece

of magic to win or save a game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Knocky last season 

stats from lcfc.com

Player Stats Appearances (as sub): 48 (8)

Goals 7

Assists 5

Yellow cards: 6

tries hard, could do better !

Another stat for you.

2013/14 CHAMPIONSHIPS MOST CREATED CHANCES.

1st  Ross McCormack.........108

2nd  Craig Conway................90

3rd  Tom Cairney..................90

4th Anthony Knockaert ........88

Interesting that this greedy bugger with no end product was the 4th highest in the championship for creating chances last season

I must be the only one who is really baffled by how Mahrez is now rated as a much better player than Knockaert by most.

As someone who seen nearly every game we played last season, Mahrez has looked exciting, but has he really demonstrated more than knockaert? Not for me.

I might be wrong and Mahrez could prove to be a better player, but at the minute I think Knockaert has done more to prove he'll adapt to the Premier League than most of our squad.

Considering the short amount of time he was here his end product was well ahead of Knockaerts. I think that's why.

Knockaert is incredibly skillful but I don't think it turns into goals or assists enough.

Knocky has less consistency with his play than Mahrez. At times Knocky tries too hard, becomes a bit frantic, and then he loses possession or tries something a little bit too ambitious, so his decision making becomes clouded. He also, though he definitely has improved, wants to score the winner, or make that difference in the game, and then again, becomes too frantic and loses his concentration, and can become greedy. That has improved dramatically, but the difference for me, is that Mahrez seems calmer on the ball, and whilst does make errors of judgement, they don't seem as rushed or desperate.

I hope Knocky can find a bit more concentration this season, and now he's on the big stage, leave the showboating out, unless we're definitely on top of the game.

Mahrez is more consistent and less selfish, runs with the ball better and is a lot calmer.

He also regularly runs with the ball by himself through a ton of defenders, sets himself up for an incredible shot and then shoots it directly into the goalkeeper's hands. Needs to work on his shooting a lot.

He also regularly runs with the ball by himself through a ton of defenders, sets himself up for an incredible shot and then shoots it directly into the goalkeeper's hands. Needs to work on his shooting a lot.

Mahrez or Knocky?

I think both of their finishing isn't that great.

I think we need to be mindful that players can have an explosive first 6 months as they are relatively unknown, as soon as scout reports come back and players have more information about their opponents it becomes more of a challenge. This is why many young players burst onto the scene only to fade, it is not that they have lost ability, it is more that players and managers know more about them.

Currently we know that Mahrez likes to play through balls between the full back and centre back whilst running to the outside of the full back, lets see how long that lasts. In Knockeart's first season he would constantly cut inside onto his stronger left foot, that no longer happens as the full backs show him outside. They also knew to press him higher up the pitch as he has a tendency to hold onto the ball in that area.

We have a period of grace for Mahrez that should see him do well for a few months, then it comes down to how good he truly is.

Considering the short amount of time he was here his end product was well ahead of Knockaerts. I think that's why.

Knockaert is incredibly skillful but I don't think it turns into goals or assists enough.

knocky was the fourth highest chance creator last season.

not his fault players did not finish them off.

In the league that is.

Mahrez is more consistent and less selfish, runs with the ball better and is a lot calmer.

I'm a big fan of both but I would disagree with this.

If both were fit, based on pre season - i'd start with Knockaert. Feels he offers a lot more defensively and in his work rate in general.

Archived