Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rincewind

Caribean Carnival

why do posts get deleted?

Leave the feckers there so we can all see what shite idiots post.

Er, because so many people complain about them. Feels like we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. :dunno: 

I know Raj just referring to moose and his need to be edgy lol

Well he certainly puts people on the edge of despair sometimes.

You can take what he says with a pinch of salt but when it is rubbed into a wound it can hurt.

Er, because so many people complain about them. Feels like we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. :dunno:

not having a dig at you mods but if its left up and everyone can then see how daft a thing someon has posted and make their own mind up rather than hear say ,like in this case what moose has allegedly said.

Then after a sleep they can apologise if they feel they crossed the line

Could you not put a warning over it? Like they do with the spoilers.

So we're supposed to select which posts (that we'd ordinarily delete) to leave because it's in the public interest to 'shame' that poster, and place a spoiler over them? Or perhaps we should just leave everything (because we're bound to cock up which posts we choose to leave/delete) and put a spoiler over the countless spam posts too? 

i aint on twitter but this cld be like that...leave posts there so people can shame themselves!!!

In fairness, Raj they can't really do that. 

Comments such as Moose's on this occasion reflect badly on the forum and any forum sponsors - harbouring such comments can be perceived as endorsement and the service provider not just the individual can be held responsible in certain circumstances. Mod's do a good job for no pay - let them be. It's not fair to put hem into a situation where they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Some people are lucky they have them working here or else some of the stuff that some idiots write, if left could render them liable to prosecution, especially those like Moose who hide behind a keyboard and post rubbish for alleged 'edgy attention' when the real truth is a tad more ignorant and perhaps even masks sinister and cowardly prejudices.

This is the first time since 2011 that I haven't attended the Carnival despite being half Jamaican on my Mum's side and half Grenadian on my Dad's. Someone correct me if I am wrong but, didn't you have to pay for entrance to get in ? In all honesty I reckon that it's been declining each year but, one of the only good things about the event is the quality Carribean food.

So we're supposed to select which posts (that we'd ordinarily delete) to leave because it's in the public interest to 'shame' that poster, and place a spoiler over them? Or perhaps we should just leave everything (because we're bound to cock up which posts we choose to leave/delete) and put a spoiler over the countless spam posts too?

I hadn't put any thought into it, I was only wondering.

Archived